published Wednesday, September 21st, 2011

Troy Davis

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

175
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.

i sur feeel bad fur mrDavis butt i feeel wurs fur thet po ded pOlise offuser an hisn famly. po famly!

it sur is ahfull funni too ifn mrDavis wasn wite Man he sur nuff wuldnt bee a stori inna newzpappur now wud he? an wuldnt hev ammesti enternashunal an all them slebritees an risch foks heppin him, now wud he? why hed bee jes killid rite fast now wuldnt he,why them foks wud probli jes killid the wite man rite a-way, rite onna streeet heh? yesss missjustis is upppy-sidey down in Amerika now isnt she?

September 21, 2011 at 1:56 a.m.
OllieH said...

Great cartoon on what was truly a horrible decision by the Georgia parole board. There's certainly enough doubt in this case to postpone an execution that could be a tragic mistake.

Huckleberryfriend - could you please use the vernacular schtick selectively. On certain issues it only comes off as inappropriate and profoundly insensitive.

September 21, 2011 at 2:15 a.m.
patriot1 said...

I hear dat Rev Al may be attending dee execution to watch dem put Davis to death....If you axe me, I think Ms Tawana Brawley should accompany Rev Al to dis event.

September 21, 2011 at 7:28 a.m.
sandyonsignal said...

Boy, this cartoon is bringing out the racists in full force. Good grief.

Okay for a black man in Georgia to die when there is no evidence and witnesses recanted, but a white woman in Florida, who didn't report her baby missing for 31 days and googled how to break a neck, gets off scott free.

Yep, our justice system is upside down and gone amok. Nice work, Clay. Thank you.

September 21, 2011 at 7:35 a.m.
dude_abides said...

Wow, the way you guys type your thoughts is incredible! You articulate mature and profound positions, but you do it in this clever pidgin language that makes one slow down and consider...just kidding, it's not worth the time.

September 21, 2011 at 7:41 a.m.
MTJohn said...

The responses to this and some of the other cartoons clearly demonstrate that too many people, who consider themselves to be upstanding citizens, still think of other citizens as 3/5ths people.

September 21, 2011 at 8:16 a.m.
conservative said...

"Whoever sheds the blood of man,by man shall his blood be shed,for God made man in his own image"

September 21, 2011 at 8:20 a.m.
MTJohn said...

conservative said..."Whoever sheds the blood of man,by man shall his blood be shed,for God made man in his own image"

Conservative - you have just made a very compelling argument against the death penalty. Regardless of Troy Davis' guilt or innocence, those responsible for his execution will also be accountable for that decision.

And, even if you do not agree with that interpretation of Scripture, it certainly indicates that the standard for execution must be higher than the standard for conviction.

September 21, 2011 at 9:38 a.m.
sandyonsignal said...

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere'"- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

September 21, 2011 at 9:43 a.m.
MTJohn said...

L4F - how many of your sins will be forgiven as a consequence of the execution of Troy Davis?

September 21, 2011 at 10 a.m.
alprova said...

A last minute appeal is being filed as I write this, by Defense attorney Brian Kammer in Butts County Superior Court.

The appeal consists of an argument that the ballistic testing that linked Davis to the shooting of the off-duty officer was flawed and it will be asking a judge to block the execution.

If the Judge refuses to block the execution, it appears that he will be put to death at 7:00 pm tonight.

Troy Davis has taken his case all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, and they were unimpressed enough to halt his execution, so there has to be some compelling reason why in the face of recanted testimony from his trial, that his conviction has withstood hearing after hearing. Or is there?

None of the physical evidence at either scenes of the crimes that took place, was ever specifically linked to Troy Davis. His conviction was based solely upon eyewitness testimony, the most unreliable form of evidence used in a court of law.

Seven of the nine people who testified against him at his trial have recanted their testimonies, according to the defense, yet that has not swayed anyone who has the power to halt this execution from doing so. Why?

The Prosecutor in the case is firm in his resolve that the right man was convicted of the crime and that he needs to be put to death. The slain officer's family are convinced that Troy Davis is the man who shot officer Mark MacPhail to death and that he needs to die.

On August 17, 2009, the U.S. Supreme Court ordered a federal district court in Georgia to consider whether new evidence "that could not have been obtained at the time of trial clearly establishes Davis' innocence".

That hearing was held in June 2010, during which several former prosecution witnesses recanted their previous testimony and described acts of police coercion, including the pulling of guns and threats of persecution for perjury of witnesses who were teenagers in 1989.

Other witnesses now assert that Sylvester "Redd" Coles, who admits to being present at the scene of the crime, had confessed to the killing -- evidence that was excluded as Coles was not given the opportunity to rebut it. Why has he never been called upon to rebut these claims? Coles is the person who identified Troy Davis as the shooter and why Davis was arrested for the crime.

In an August 2010 decision, the conviction was upheld, with the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia declaring that the new evidence cast only "minimal doubt on his conviction".

All subsequent appeals, including one to the U.S. Supreme Court, were rejected, and a fourth execution date was set for today, September 21, 2011.

This is a case that deserves a full hearing, without prejudice, and all the evidence accumulated over the past two decades needs to be presented. Anything less is a travesty of justice.

September 21, 2011 at 10:20 a.m.
alprova said...

L4F wrote: "If Jesus was against the death penalty he would not have allowed himself to be crucified."

I doubt that he was in any position to stop what happened to him any more than anyone else put to death by mob of people for reasons that are or are not justified.

Jesus, at the time, was just a man like you and I, and just as powerless to stop a miscarriage of justice.

September 21, 2011 at 10:23 a.m.
conservative said...

God ordained the death penalty. I quoted God's word in Genesis 9:6. God also ordained the death penalty in Romans chapter 13. Please don't embarrass yourself any further.

September 21, 2011 at 10:35 a.m.
potcat said...

Read "Innocent Man" by John Grisham, they most certainly are Innocent Men on Death Row, hear is one mans horrid Testament to that FACT.

September 21, 2011 at 10:38 a.m.
MTJohn said...

L4F - ---It's not about my sins, it's about the sins of Troy Davis.

Agreed. And, by the way, you have just proven that your effort to equate the Crucifixion with our Lord's approval of the death penalty is bogus.

And, to clarify further, Troy Davis is accountable for his sins just as you and I are accountable for our Sins. Even though we are accountable, Christ has already paid our ransom. That promise holds for Troy Davis just as it holds for you. Whether or not you or Troy Davis chooses to accept Christ's offer is a matter between each of you and our Lord.

September 21, 2011 at 10:55 a.m.
MTJohn said...

conservative said...God ordained the death penalty. I quoted God's word in Genesis 9:6. God also ordained the death penalty in Romans chapter 13.

God reserved vengeance unto Himself. God also commanded us to love one another. If believers are to rationalize the death penalty on the basis that it is ordained by God, then believers also have a duty to insist that the death penalty be exercised in the spirit of love. As I suggested above, the standard for the decision to employ the death penalty must be greater than the standard to determine guilt. The standard for conviction is "beyond a reasonable doubt". The standard for conviction ought to be "absolutely no doubt".

The case for executing Troy Davis fails that standard. Regardless, society will be no better as a result of his execution. Society will be no worse if he remains alive and imprisoned.

September 21, 2011 at 11:04 a.m.
Inri_Inri said...

---If Jesus was against the death penalty he would not have allowed himself to be crucified

Typical southern "bible-belt" logic.

Executing an innocent man for a crime he did not commit places the blood on the hands the family members wishing for the execution and those who OK the execution. The execution of an innocent person for a crime he didn't commit also throws the soul of the murder victim into limbo and a forever purgatory between death and judgment.

September 21, 2011 at 11:09 a.m.
alprova said...

L4F wrote: "How can you call yourself a Christian and say Jesus was powerless?"

I merely stated that he was powerless to stop his own execution. I stand by that statement.

I'm not about to argue who, what, or why he was put to death, or the state of his mind either at the time of his execution. Those are points that have been argued for years, by people infinitely more qualified to do so, than you or I.

The fact remains that he was innocent of all charges and yet was put to death by a lynch mob of people who were determined to put him to death. Whether or not he agreed to it or wanted to be put to death is not the issue.

He was not in any position to stop his execution, nor could he have.

And contrary to what you claim, Jesus did answer those questions and did tell them that he was indeed the Son of God, once.

September 21, 2011 at 11:58 a.m.
conservative said...

1 Corinthians 1:18-31

September 21, 2011 at 1:01 p.m.
jesse said...

how can the victim be held responsible??

all this bible thumpin DEFIES logic.

the man killed TWO people w/the SAME gun, and at 7:00 pm he's gonna git his comeuppance.periot!!

September 21, 2011 at 1:36 p.m.
nurseforjustice said...

I don't know enough about Troy Davis to argue for him but since someone else has admitted to the murder, it would seem appropriate to investigate that claim thoroughly before putting this man to death. Again, I don't know if they have investigated or not but does not appear they took the man seriously.

For the matter of Jesus not having the power to stop His own death, that is absurd. Jesus was not just a man, He was also fully God here on earth and could clearly have stopped it anytime He wanted. Just as He did in Luke 4:28-30. *28 And all the people in the synagogue were filled with rage as they heard these things; 29 and they got up and drove Him out of the city, and led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city had been built, in order to throw Him down the cliff. 30 But passing through their midst, He went His way.

Now the miracle of Him going through the midst of that crowd is implied but there nonetheless. The Bible plainly states in other places that He died willingly. If you remember in John 18:4-6, 4 So Jesus, knowing all the things that were coming upon Him, went forth and *said to them, “Whom do you seek?” 5 They answered Him, “Jesus the Nazarene.” He said to them, “I am He.” And Judas also, who was betraying Him, was standing with them. 6 So when He said to them, “I am He,” they drew back and fell to the ground. He was so powerful that when He said "I am HE" it knocked them down. Because He was giving them His name that He gave Moses so many years ago, The Great "I AM". He could have stopped it alright, He just chose not to because He loved us so much. He knew His sacrifice was the only way that we could be with Him in Heaven and truly know Him.

September 21, 2011 at 1:46 p.m.
whatsnottaken said...

Would the CONVECTED killer be getting all this attention is he were white? Just asking?

September 21, 2011 at 2:04 p.m.
ArnoldZiffel said...

How postively ignorant, Alprova! Jesus was G0D on earth. I guess even Mr. Know-it-all screws up, huh! By the way did anyone see that goofy group photo of the various world leaders at the U. N.? They're all standing there with their arms down except for Obama. He's waving!! If Bush would've done that we'd never hear the end of it!

September 21, 2011 at 2:11 p.m.

The man was convicted in 1989 so why the sudden stampede of bleeding heart do-gooders now?

September 21, 2011 at 2:22 p.m.
MTJohn said...

Conservative - please explain how you are able to translate the theology of the Cross into support for the death penalty, especially when there is a legitimate reason to question the guilt of the convict.

September 21, 2011 at 2:26 p.m.
MTJohn said...

whatsnottaken said...Would the CONVECTED killer be getting all this attention is he were white? Just asking?

Those who protest the death penalty are color blind. But, it is fair to ask whether the media coverage would be as intense.

The flip side of your question is also fair to ask. Everything else being equal, would Troy Davis have gone to trial had he been white? If tried, would he have been convicted? If convicted, would he have been sentenced to death? If sentenced to death, would all of his appeals been denied?

September 21, 2011 at 2:35 p.m.
rolando said...

There are no guilty felons in prison...just ask one. ALL are innocent and should be freed immediately and rewarded $50,000 for each year or part of a year served. They should be given a new home on the brow, a new Escalade with its own tweeny ho, and have each meal prepared by a Cordon Bleu chef with no less than a 15 rated wine.

After all, they were ALL falsely accused and improperly convicted on the flimsiest of evidence and based on racism. Set them free NOW!

Yeah, right.

September 21, 2011 at 2:36 p.m.
rolando said...

MTJ...yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Cha-ching! Next!

September 21, 2011 at 2:39 p.m.
Inri_Inri said...

Did they tell you the original witnesses who have now recanted stated they'd been coerced and threaten by police to finger Troy Davis? That more than one individual who were not allowed or asked to testify gave the name of another individual who allegedly admitted to killing Officer McPhail? That there's no evidence NONE tying Troy Davis to the crime? No weapon was ever recovered? Yes Georgia, like Texas and so many other states have done, is set to execute another innocent victim.

A Chinese philosopher once stated about America: A nation that allows lynching cannot truly call itself a "Christian" nation.. Being all inclusive a nation that would allow an innocent man to be executed for a crime he obviously did not commit, again, cannot truly call itself a "Christian" nation.__

InriInri_IT IS DONE!!

September 21, 2011 at 2:40 p.m.
ArnoldZiffel said...

Inri, or a nation that would allow the killing of the unborn? The ultimate in innocence!

September 21, 2011 at 2:46 p.m.
adolphochs said...

If Davis had been sentenced to life without parole, would anybody but Mr. Davis and his family give a damn? My guess is he'd quitely be rotting away in prison and we wouldn't have heard of the man. Most of those against his execution could care less about issues of his guilt (proven beyond doubt according to a GA jury) or innocence. Their problem is the death penalty which they don't believe in but which has been adjudicated ad naseum to be constitutional. As they say, "Just live with it".

September 21, 2011 at 3 p.m.
nurseforjustice said...

God's Word is my passion. I study it as often as possible. You are welcome. I always enjoy your postings.

September 21, 2011 at 3:17 p.m.
MTJohn said...

rolando said...

There are no guilty felons in prison...just ask one.

In this case, the convicted felon is not involved in the conversation. It is folks on the outside who have reviewed his case and who, acting on his behalf, have raised serious questions about the fairness of the process.

In truth, I suspect that a more honest answer to the questions that I posed would come closer to "yes"; "probably"; "probably not"; and, no.

September 21, 2011 at 3:22 p.m.
XGSBoss said...

God sure does stand on the side of allowing the innocent to be executed. Gotta love him!

September 21, 2011 at 3:38 p.m.
nurseforjustice said...

Stupid or should I say Ignorant statement Boss.

September 21, 2011 at 3:51 p.m.

The only reason the death penalty is wrong is because its handed down by an outdated corrupt justice system.

This guy is screwed. The system will never admit he has been wrongly accused regardless of the truth. Be wary i say to anyone and everyone. If you find yourself being judged but your "peers" i doubt any of you including myself would have a chance in hell.

It's a new day and age with the Media to feed us what is and isn't the truth and a justice system to deal out the illusion of justice!

Our forefathers would be disgusted with this nation today.

September 21, 2011 at 4:10 p.m.
mystyre said...

just goes to show, when racist white people want a black man dead, the government will oblige.
anybody who thinks mr. davis should be executed right-a-way should jump off a cliff and keel yourself. or maybe this is payback for kobe b., r. kelly, michael j., etc.? so are racist white people this bitter? does it still entertain racist white people to see innocent black american shead?

September 21, 2011 at 4:24 p.m.
XGSBoss said...

Way to throw out a crazy hypothetical, L4F. You and all us good ole boy whites know a white man would never shoot a cop to begin with! It's all those dark skinned people that aren't like us that infest this world with sin and injustice.

September 21, 2011 at 4:37 p.m.
mtngrl said...

"An Eye for an Eye"...

... makes the whole world blind

September 21, 2011 at 4:43 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

We know justice is sometimes blind, but we assume everyone in the criminal justice system is doing the best they can. You definitely don't get the feeling this is happening in the case of Troy Davis. Hundreds of knowledgeable and well-respected people have examined the records of Troy Davis' case and concluded there are serious questions about his guilt.

Even William S. Sessions, a former federal district judge in Texas and FBI director under Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton has said doubts about Davis’ guilt are “pervasive and persistent” and the execution should be halted:

"Serious questions about Mr. Davis' guilt, highlighted by witness recantations, allegations of police coercion, and a lack of relevant physical evidence, continue to plague his conviction.” [William S. Sessions] http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/15/troy-davis-execution-william-sessions_n_963366.html

Since so many knowledgeable people have expressed concern and believe there are serious doubts about Troy Davis’ guilt, why is the State of Georgia rejecting Davis’ request for a new trial? From the outside, it appears the State of Georgia has little interest in the actual process of justice, and has decided Troy Davis will be executed solely because a proud and contemptuous District Judge says Troy Davis is probably guilty.

September 21, 2011 at 5 p.m.
adolphochs said...

5:35 PM - tick, tock, tick, tock.......

September 21, 2011 at 5:35 p.m.
mtngrl said...

It is amazing how blood thirsty "pro-lifers" can be....

September 21, 2011 at 5:44 p.m.
adolphochs said...

5:46 tick, tick, tick.........

Should be over before the Braves' game.

September 21, 2011 at 5:46 p.m.
fairmon said...

mntl..

I don't disagree with your bleeding heart on this issue. None of us have access to nor did we participate in the trial or serve on the jury. I have no problem with the death penalty and think it is appropriate in cases like the cop killer in Brainerd where there is no doubt of his guilt. It does seem capital punishment (death) should only be invoked when there is "no doubt". Reasonable doubt and circumstantial evidence seems insufficient for the death penalty. It is ridiculous to spend the time and money that is spent on cases where there is "no doubt" such as Sir-Han Sir-Han on video murdering Ted Kennedy. He should have been executed within 30 days. Innocent due to insanity is ludicrous, guilty due to insanity would make more sense and the punishment should be no less. The victim is no less harmed just because the perpetrator was a nut. "Hate crimes" legislation is vote pandering, the victims of a crime are just as injured whether there is ethnic motivation or not the penalty should be equally severe in all cases.

September 21, 2011 at 6:21 p.m.
fairmon said...

The medias handling and slanting of many crimes and criminals have everyone watching or reading their reports serving as jurors second guessing the decisions of those serving. Are we at a point trials should be televised and the public decides by phoning in their vote like is done on dancing with the stars or American Idol?

September 21, 2011 at 6:27 p.m.
adolphochs said...

Hey harp3339, A jury of his peers (7 blacks, 5 whites) determined that there wasn't reasonable doubt. This wasn't a television series where at the end of the show some miraculous piece of exculpatory evidence comes to light. 12 Georgians listened to the evidence and convicted. The verdict has been appealed for the last 20 years. Unless you beleive that the original jury and supsequent courts all conspired against Mr. Davis for God knows what purpose, accept the verdict and be glad he didn't have an opporunity to commit additional crimes. And by the way, Mr. Davis will have an opportunity to make his final appeal to the Ultimate dispenser of Justice in about 20 minutes.

September 21, 2011 at 6:37 p.m.
rolando said...

As a presidential hopeful said, "You kill one of our children, you kill one of our police officers, and we will execute you." Good words, good sentiment, good justice.


Ah-h-h, harp...I know it was a typo and that you know better, but some folks out there will jump on it -- Sirhan killed Bobby, not Ted. Ted killed his intern [or whatever].

September 21, 2011 at 6:39 p.m.
Inri_Inri said...

tnvolssuckbad said... No, if it was a white guy that killed a black cop THEN IT WOULD BE A HATE CRIME. That's how this bass-ackwards country of ours is run. A Black can kill a White and it's No biggie, buuuttttt don't go and let a White kill a Black, cause that sho is a hate crime.. Stupid hypocrites. Here's a quote for you all,"An Eye for an Eye"..

That's not true. That's your interpertation of truth. Just any crime that crosses racial lines doesn't alone make the crime a hate crime. It's when the crime was specifically committed against another person because of his/her race, ethnicity, natural origin, religion and/or sexual preference. If your going to make simple minded statements please do everyone a favor and just refrain from making any statements at all.

As for that eye for an eye most southern "christians" like to quote. According to a Rabbi that quote has been misinterpreted too. According to him, the eye for an eye was meant for monetary compensation and NOT to avenge by taking a life because a life has been taken, or taking a limb because a limb has been taken, or sight or hearing and so on. But you "southerners" have always manipulated the Bible to suit your purpose.

September 21, 2011 at 6:42 p.m.
fairmon said...

rolando..

You are right I knew that but somehow posted the wrong name. Ted only died recently. Using the wrong name may get a reaction but if not this will. You do know they finally determined how fast Teddy was driving when Mary Jo was thrown from the car and drowned? Around 93 mph, the speed it was concluded, it would have taken to knock her panties off and into the glove compartment where they were found. I am not sure that is a scientifically supportable conclusion.

September 21, 2011 at 6:52 p.m.
fairmon said...

adolphocks..

I don't agree that no reasonalbe doubt is sufficient for the death penalty, to invoke the death penalty the criteria should be there is no doubt.

September 21, 2011 at 7:10 p.m.
ricardo said...

Death penalty 1 Recidivism 0

September 21, 2011 at 7:31 p.m.
alprova said...

The U.S. Supreme Court stepped in and halted the execution set for tonight to weigh an appeal for a stay.

September 21, 2011 at 8:25 p.m.
ArnoldZiffel said...

Mtngrl, it's amazing how bloodthirsty feminists and pro-choicers can be. You never get your fill of abortion. It's like some kind of a blood sacrfice!

September 21, 2011 at 8:27 p.m.
patriot1 said...

Texas death row inmate Brewer was executed at 7:21 EDT tonight...just in case no one heard

September 21, 2011 at 8:30 p.m.
fairmon said...

mntl....from a 9/18 post...

Re: those withour insurance. those who filed for bankruptcy were middle-class, well-educated homeowners, according to a report that will be published in the August issue of The American Journal of Medicine.

If this is an accurate statement then they could afford health care. What no one that wants to save the world, including saving people from their own ignorance, often fail to accept is the fact people make decisions and bad decisions have bad consequences. A sincere question; Once you have made the successful and wealthy unwealthy. And, once you have disincentivized those pursuing success enough not to pursue success where is the money going to come from?

Many of those European countries so many want to immulate are about to hit the rocks with their social agendas taking them out one at a time. If you are comfortable with the government mandating that people buy health care coverage then are you also comfortable with the government dictating for those that can't afford it and have health care provided free live healthy life styles including dictating what they eat, requiring them to maintain a healthy weight, confirm they exercise a minimum amount daily, prohibit their riding a motor cycle, sky diving or participating in other high risk activities plus require they practice effective birth control?

September 21, 2011 at 8:47 p.m.
adolphochs said...

Tick.......Tick............Tick...............................

September 21, 2011 at 9:22 p.m.
hambone said...

Man, there sure are some sick people in this world. And a large number posting here tonight.

September 21, 2011 at 10:18 p.m.
adolphochs said...

The ball game is over:

AJC reporters are inside and outside the prison, in Savannah and with Mark Allen MacPhail's family members as the hour approaches for the execution of his convicted killer Troy Anthony Davis. We will provide continuous updates here as they happen.

10:18 Davis' attorneys say the U.S. Supreme Court has denied the stay

For those with an interest in Davis' guilt or innocense please watch: http://www.11alive.com/video/1171224832001/0/INTERVIEW-Spencer-Lawton-on-Troy-Davis-Case

September 21, 2011 at 10:24 p.m.
acerigger said...

An eye for an eye, like it says in Sharia law?

September 21, 2011 at 11:22 p.m.
alprova said...

Troy Davis was executed at 11:08 P.M.

Wow....

September 21, 2011 at 11:56 p.m.
fairmon said...

I wonder what the savings would be if all every state with people on death row went ahead and executed all of them.

September 22, 2011 at 12:33 a.m.
alprova said...

Harp3339 wrote: "I wonder what the savings would be if all every state with people on death row went ahead and executed all of them."

If money is your concern, why stop with the convicted who are sitting on death row?

Let's execute anyone who doesn't have a job. Let's execute anyone who is on welfare. Let's execute anyone who does not have health insurance. Let's execute anyone who is sick, disabled, or who is too old to work any longer.

Oh...and while we are at it, let's execute all illegal immigrants and anyone else who is not lily white.

Doing that should solve just about all the problems this country has, according to some people, right?

September 22, 2011 at 5:45 a.m.
conservative said...

Well Mr Davis has met his maker. The great tragedy is that there is no indication he ever confessed his crime and sins, repented and asked God to save his soul. Now instead of life everlasting he has received everlasting hell! Both sides in this matter wanted justice. Both sides got it.

September 22, 2011 at 6:08 a.m.
sandyonsignal said...

This was a travesty. The State has blood on its hands and committed premeditated murder. There was no evidence and witnesses recanted, I thought our judicial system was better than this.

September 22, 2011 at 6:25 a.m.
alprova said...

Conservative Wrote: "The great tragedy is that there is no indication he ever confessed his crime and sins, repented and asked God to save his soul."

I hardly see how you are in any position to know what, if anything, he confessed to God. You're judging him guilty, when he may well be innocent of the crime in which he was convicted. He maintained his innocence up to the time he was executed, and he may well have been.

"Now instead of life everlasting he has received everlasting hell!"

You are in no position to know that either. How dare you to presume such a thing.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged." -- Matthew 7:1

"Both sides in this matter wanted justice. Both sides got it."

I don't know how you can say that. A man may have been executed for the actions of another. I can't see how there was any justice served at all, if that was the case.

September 22, 2011 at 7:01 a.m.
MTJohn said...

conservative said...Well Mr Davis has met his maker. The great tragedy is that there is no indication he ever confessed his crime and sins, repented and asked God to save his soul

The only thing you can say for certain about Troy Davis and his conversation with the Creator is that he did not confess YOUR sins.

God shows His love for us in this...while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Only God knows whether Troy Davis died trusting in that promise.

September 22, 2011 at 7:21 a.m.
MTJohn said...

Troy Davis said, "may God have mercy on your souls, may God bless your souls.”

Mr. Davis' final thoughts were gracious. Perhaps there is a lesson there for all of those who wished him dead.

September 22, 2011 at 7:47 a.m.
Lightnup said...

If only Davis' mother had aborted him when he undeniably an innocent, liberals would be just fine with that. Just consider last night a very, very, very delayed late-term abortion.

September 22, 2011 at 8:36 a.m.
lanaland said...

Seven out of 9 of Troy Davis' witnesses recanted their testimony that he shot the policeman. Another man admitted to shooting the policeman. Have we gotten so used to seeing our government used against us that we accept it? The justice system was deliberately not used to uphold the truth in this case, but to broadcast fear and control of a Big Brother with big prisons and a long arm, winking at white collar crime, while warehousing the lower classes. The Justice system didn't want the truth. The courts were more interested in a conviction than justice, in making a statement about their power over us. They are letting us know they don't have to be right, but they will always win. And there's nothing we can do but submit, and pretend along with them that everything's fine.

September 22, 2011 at 8:36 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

This is quite a bit more interesting that Clay's stupid cartoon or the drivel posted by his mindless followers. You may even get a chuckle or two out of it as you learn some facts you would never learn from the activist media.

http://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2011/09/21/mumias_the_word/page/2

September 22, 2011 at 8:52 a.m.
Walden said...

If only the Leftists would get this worked up even once when so many innocent babies are murdered each day in this country...

September 22, 2011 at 9:21 a.m.
adolphochs said...

Russell Brewer was executed in Texas yesterday. Shockingly, there wasn't a group of those opposed to capital punishment outside the gates of the prison. Among those in attendance to observe Brewer's execution were members of James Byrd Jr's family. Apparently, Amnesty International, Pope Benedict, Jimmy Carter, etc were unaware of the execution.

September 22, 2011 at 9:23 a.m.
alprova said...

It's Ann Coulter. The woman doesn't deal in facts. She makes up her own as she goes along.

I'd like to know the source of her information regarding some of the points contained in her column. Nowhere have I read that 34 witnesses were presented at trial, that Davis refused to allow anyone to testify on his behalf at the evidentiary hearing, anything about a "batman" shirt, or three members of the Air Force who supposedly witnessed the shooting.

Are these indeed "facts"?

The Prosecutor in the trial did not even speak to these alleged facts, to justify his stance that Troy Davis was guilty.

All I heard from him was on par with a man who does not like to be wrong, which is very typical of people in his position.

September 22, 2011 at 9:32 a.m.
ArnoldZiffel said...

Hey, Sandy, you liberals have blood on your hands. Millions of uborn. So, get off your high horse you hypocrite!!! Exactly right Walden and Lightnup!! Hambone, none sicker than those who are OK with killing the unborn and who can go to sleep at night. Nothing sicker than killing an unborn baby!!

September 22, 2011 at 9:35 a.m.
ArnoldZiffel said...

Look at you hypocrites supporting protesting a convicted murderers execution, yet you want abortion protesters thrown in jail and punished!! NIMRODS!!!

September 22, 2011 at 9:38 a.m.
rolando said...

Well. My day is made with the news of another killer's execution.

Cha-Ching! Next!

September 22, 2011 at 10:20 a.m.
hambone said...

If most of those posting here were members of the jury pool, we can only hope they would be excused for being stupid!!

September 22, 2011 at 10:43 a.m.
mtngrl said...

Message from Troy Davis:

To All:

I want to thank all of you for your efforts and dedication to Human Rights and Human Kindness, in the past year I have experienced such emotion, joy, sadness and never ending faith. It is because of all of you that I am alive today, as I look at my sister Martina I am marveled by the love she has for me and of course I worry about her and her health, but as she tells me she is the eldest and she will not back down from this fight to save my life and prove to the world that I am innocent of this terrible crime.

As I look at my mail from across the globe, from places I have never ever dreamed I would know about and people speaking languages and expressing cultures and religions I could only hope to one day see first hand. I am humbled by the emotion that fills my heart with overwhelming, overflowing Joy. I can’t even explain the insurgence of emotion I feel when I try to express the strength I draw from you all, it compounds my faith and it shows me yet again that this is not a case about the death penalty, this is not a case about Troy Davis, this is a case about Justice and the Human Spirit to see Justice prevail.

I cannot answer all of your letters but I do read them all, I cannot see you all but I can imagine your faces, I cannot hear you speak but your letters take me to the far reaches of the world, I cannot touch you physically but I feel your warmth everyday I exist.

So Thank you and remember I am in a place where execution can only destroy your physical form but because of my faith in God, my family and all of you I have been spiritually free for some time and no matter what happens in the days, weeks to come, this Movement to end the death penalty, to seek true justice, to expose a system that fails to protect the innocent must be accelerated. There are so many more Troy Davis’. This fight to end the death penalty is not won or lost through me but through our strength to move forward and save every innocent person in captivity around the globe. We need to dismantle this Unjust system city by city, state by state and country by country.

I can’t wait to Stand with you, no matter if that is in physical or spiritual form, I will one day be announcing,

“I AM TROY DAVIS, and I AM FREE!”

Never Stop Fighting for Justice and We will Win!

September 22, 2011 at 11:11 a.m.
Inri_Inri said...

conservative said...

Now instead of life everlasting he has received everlasting hell!

No one can really predict who is or isn't in hell. Remember Hitler could be in heaven and the Pope could be in hell. And if Georgia knowingly executed an innocent man for a crime he did not commit, then those who partook have condemned their own souls and the soul of the deceased.

September 22, 2011 at 11:48 a.m.
Inri_Inri said...

TO: mtngrl

____*THANK YOU*_____

Such words of inspiration! Such words of peace. Again, Thank YOU!!

September 22, 2011 at 11:53 a.m.
conservative said...

Message from Troy Davis: To All:

Well, we almost pulled it off, but at least I'll get to meet my hero Adolf Hitler. Never could relate to that Pope guy.

September 22, 2011 at 12:12 p.m.
ArnoldZiffel said...

Mtngrl,that's disgusting. You leftists have no shame. What a sappy, syrupy, stupid post. Bleeding heart garbage.

Message from a murdered, unborn human being:

You can't kill my soul.

September 22, 2011 at 12:21 p.m.
ArnoldZiffel said...

You on here who whine about the death penalty and approve of the slaughter of the unborn, have ZERO credibility.

September 22, 2011 at 12:28 p.m.
Legend said...

You on here who whine about the slaughter of the unborn and approve the death penalty, have ZERO credibility.* a parody of ArnoldZiffel's post.

Martin Luther King, Jr.: Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter

September 22, 2011 at 12:33 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Libertarians4Freedom said... "At least you could read her damn column and draw your own conclusions instead of just calling her a liar"

I have been hungry for any news that might explain why this story seemed so out of wack. Why was this guy going to his death in spite of everything the press was reporting? What was the rest of the story? What was the anti-death penalty media not reporting?

The Ann Coulter article is the only explanation I have seen. I wish I could find more writing to back it up but there is only so much time for these things. It is too bad that it has become normal for the press to report what they want you to hear rather than the whole story.

It reminds me of the lack of press coverage concerning the rape and murder of Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian in Knoxville. I had to HUNT to find any news on that horrible, disgusting crime. In that case it was absolutely heinous black-on-white crime. Nothing to see here, move along...

What I have read leads me to believe that Troy Davis was truly evil and it is a shame it took so long for him to be brought to justice.

September 22, 2011 at 12:35 p.m.
Legend said...

"I'll get to meet my hero Adolf Hitler."

So you're in agreement with___ that Adolph Hitler could be in heaven and the Pope in hell? PRICELESS!!

September 22, 2011 at 12:36 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Mtngirl's Post: "Never Stop Fighting for Justice and We will Win!"

Had not heard about this letter, Mtngirl. Thanks for posting it.

September 22, 2011 at 12:39 p.m.
Legend said...

adolphochs said... Russell Brewer was executed in Texas yesterday. Shockingly, there wasn't a group of those opposed to capital punishment outside the gates of the prison

At least Larry Byrd's family spoke out against the death penalty on behalf of the men involved in his gruesome and heinous death(where Mr. Byrd's body was torn apart after being dragged/chained behind their pickup__Byrd's head later found in a drainage ditch) and , where there was obvious and factual proof of their guilt. Larry Byrd's family still had enough compassion for his killers that they didn't wish for them to receive the death penalty. Whereas, the McPhail family insisted on the death penalty, although there was virtually no evidence of Troy Davis's guilt.

September 22, 2011 at 12:41 p.m.
Legend said...

Bridgeport said: It reminds me of the lack of press coverage concerning the rape and murder of Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian in Knoxville. I had to HUNT to find any news on that horrible, disgusting crime. In that case it was absolutely heinous black-on-white crime. Nothing to see here, move along...

Yes, that was a most gruesome and heinous murder. However, it had nothing to do with their race and allegedly everything to do with drugs. You are correct however in saying that a lot was kept out of the news. Especially the part about an alleged drug deal turned sour.

September 22, 2011 at 12:49 p.m.
jesse said...

off subject but here goes!~

if clay bennett wants to get relevant w/something that is locally important he needs to do a cartoon every day for a month on the paul page situation!

he had no shot at gitting troy davis a stay BUT he might have an effect on what happens w/page. IF he has the cojones that is!! a knuckledragger chasing a woman down the hall might work. saying "you want a promotion sweetie???"

September 22, 2011 at 1:37 p.m.
hambone said...

conservative, there are many words I can think of to describe you and your posts. None of them are very nice or printable!

September 22, 2011 at 2:01 p.m.
sandyonsignal said...

Clay, did a great cartoon on Paul Page last week. Go through the archive. It was a man facing disciplinary action for harassment and the guy is smiling saying "spank me." Spot on.. nuff said.

September 22, 2011 at 2:02 p.m.
adolphochs said...

Legend: EmphasisWhereas, the McPhail family insisted on the death penalty, although there was virtually no evidence of Troy Davis's guilt.

Before you keep repeating this gross distortion of the trial record please listen to this interview. Repeating lies over and over again do not make them the truth.

http://www.11alive.com/video/1171224832001/0/INTERVIEW-Spencer-Lawton-on-Troy-Davis-Case

September 22, 2011 at 2:12 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

MTJohn said: “The standard for conviction is "beyond a reasonable doubt". The standard for conviction ought to be "absolutely no doubt. The case for executing Troy Davis fails that standard. Regardless, society will be no better as a result of his execution. Society will be no worse if he remains alive and imprisoned.”

I agree with what you say, MTJohn. I read an article earlier today that makes some interesting points about the company we keep when it comes to the issue of capital punishment:

"The most egregious argument for capital punishment is the claim that the finality of officially condoned killing is a necessary guarantor of civilized order.

Egregious because it is not possible to make that case without explaining why most of the democratic societies that we admire shun the death penalty as contrary to their most deeply held values.

Or is it China, Iran, North Korea and Yemen, which, along with the United States, led the world in government executions, that we most admire? There is something stunningly disgraceful about the company we keep on this issue."

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/murder_is_good_politics_bad_justice_20110922/

September 22, 2011 at 2:49 p.m.
ArnoldZiffel said...

My comments stand, Legend. It's a genocide. You lefties are in denial.

September 22, 2011 at 3:18 p.m.
alprova said...

L4F wrote: "Wrong, I read her books, the woman uses nothing BUT facts, she has tons and tons of citations, sources, etc. In fact, she loves quoting liberals, she even watches a lot of MSNBC to see what you people are up to."

Nothing but facts, eh? The woman is a pathological liar.

http://mediamatters.org/research/200901040002

"At least you could read her damn column and draw your own conclusions instead of just calling her a liar."

I did read the column, and while my opinion of the woman is that she plays very loose with facts and offers lies routinely in her columns, on this subject I merely questioned the source of the points she raised in the column.

I do not trust Ann Coulter to write or to speak the truth about much of anything. She's been caught time and again spreading lies and ignorance.

Given that she raised points that have never been printed elsewhere about the Troy Davis case, you're doggone right that I challenge her points.

September 22, 2011 at 3:24 p.m.
alprova said...

ArnoldZiffel wrote: "You on here who whine about the death penalty and approve of the slaughter of the unborn, have ZERO credibility."

Okay, you've about run that issue into the ground. Can you name anyone who participates in this forum who has offered their "approval of the slaughter of the unborn?"

No one that I am aware of has offered such approval. You're offering generalized statements about people, because we don't tout the Conservative line, without a shred of truth in what you type.

That reduces your credibility to zero, in and of itself.

September 22, 2011 at 3:29 p.m.
Legend said...

lanaland said... Seven out of 9 of Troy Davis' witnesses recanted their testimony that he shot the policeman. Another man admitted to shooting the policeman.

Actually, lanaland, that should be 7 out of 8 recanted. The 9TH individual who testified against Troy Davis at his original trial was fingered by witnesses who didn't get to testify as the real shooter, as well as those who later recanted testimony. Most, maybe all, of the 7 that later recanted also fingered this same individual who testified against Davis as the shooter. This individual went by the nickname of "Red".

TO: adolphochs: I've already been privey to the trial transcripts and other things over the years pretaining to this travesty of so call justice.

Bottom line, Georgia has likely executed yet another innocent man. The blood is now on the hands of those who fought vehemently for the execution, the ones who OK'd it and th ones who went along with it.

September 22, 2011 at 4:14 p.m.
Legend said...

ArnoldZiffel said... My comments stand, Legend. It's a genocide. You lefties are in denial.

Instead of being a parrot repeating what you hear, why not do your own studies on what a genocide truly is? Furthermore, remember executions(dealth penalty), even excuting the innocent, have long been legal in America well before abortions became illegal. So maybe you should show just how sincere you really are by ridding the nation of the former? That way, you could help the nation to rid itself of the latter {abortion}?

September 22, 2011 at 4:22 p.m.
alprova said...

adolphochs wrote: "Before you keep repeating this gross distortion of the trial record please listen to this interview. Repeating lies over and over again do not make them the truth."

The ONLY physical evidence presented at the trial, according to all that I have read, was related to the bullet casings found at the scene of the earlier shooting committed that same night.

Spencer Lawton claims that Troy Davis admitted to the earlier shooting. Bullet casings found later at the shooting scene where the officer was shot was matched to the bullet casings from the earlier shooting. That's it. How does this prove who had the gun and who shot the officer?

Troy Davis denied up to the point of his own death, having had a gun in his possession at all that night.

The fact remains that through 11 hearings on the matter, Troy Davis' conviction stood. The man was executed, rightfully or wrongly. It's all in God's hands now.

September 22, 2011 at 4:28 p.m.
conservative said...

Hambone, thank you for writing something true! This is a first step. I'll be watching to see if you ever write something true again.

September 22, 2011 at 5:21 p.m.
ginagirl43 said...

libertarians for freedom - I like the way you think. Just offering my support cause you saved me a lot of typing. Way to go!

September 22, 2011 at 6:50 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Alprova said: “The ONLY physical evidence presented at the trial, according to all that I have read, was related to the bullet casings found at the scene of the earlier shooting committed that same night.”

According to a press release by the Innocence Project, the Georgia Bureau of Investigations had conceded that the ballistics evidence used against Davis was unreliable:

“ATLANTA, GA; September 21, 2011 at 11:08 p.m. the State of Georgia executed Troy Davis for a 1989 murder that he always maintained he didn’t commit after what has been reported as a 3 to 2 vote by the board of pardons and paroles rejected his clemency bid.

Since his original trial, substantial evidence has come to light pointing to Davis’ innocence. The Georgia Bureau of Investigations has conceded that the ballistics evidence used against Davis was unreliable, and one of the Jurors who sat on the case said that if she had known about that she would not have voted to give Davis the death penalty. Seven of the nine witnesses who identified him as the shooter have recanted their testimony.

One of the two witnesses who maintain that Davis was the shooter is thought by many to be the real perpetrator and has made admissions to others that he committed the crime. The other remaining eyewitness had been up for twenty-four hours straight at the time he observed the shooting and reported on the night of the crime that he “wouldn’t recognize [the shooter] again.” Yet two years later, this witness identified Troy Davis in an in-court identification that required him to simply identify the only African-American sitting at the defense table.

Misidentification was a factor in 75% of the 273 DNA exonerations. In 38% of these mistaken identification cases, multiple eyewitnesses misidentified the same person.”

http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/Troy_Davis_Executed_in_Georgia_Despite_Substantial_Evidence_Pointing_to_Innocence.php#

September 22, 2011 at 6:59 p.m.
rolando said...

Yep. Our prisons are holding nothing but innocent men...just ask one...or his felonophile defenders.

September 22, 2011 at 7:08 p.m.
Tmbrwlfofga said...

As someone who has worked in the Georgia Criminal Justice system for over twenty years, allow me to provide some fodder for the Troy Davis case. You hear that 7 of 9 witnesses either recanted their testimony or changed their testimony. However, the media has NEVER reported that none of these 7 people, have ever recanted or changed their testimony under oath, in a courtroom, or under any type of cross examination. In fact, these "7" have only offered these changes to the Troy Davis attorneys. Not a SINGLE one has changed their testimony under oath, in a court of law, or even pressed the D.A.'s office to allow them to change their testimony. This is simply the work of the Troy Davis attorneys incessantly pressuring these people on a constant basis. I challenge you to call into one of these talk shows that features this and challenge them on this fact. Next, there are three jurors that have reportedly have asked that their verdicts either be changed or the sentence converted to life. We have a trial and twenty years later, after relentless browbeating, a juror can change their mind. If that is the case, then do we apply that same logic to ALL cases in the courts? I don't think so. Next, there is the whole issue of the "other" gunman. In this case, there were over ten people that identified Troy Davis through police lineups (picture ID lineups), descriptions, and eyewitness accounts of those who knew who he was at the time. The "other" shooter was also an eyewitness that identified Troy Davis. Remember also, Troy Davis was initially suspected only because he was tied to an earlier shooting in which he knowingly fired a gun in the air, and shot a man in the face. (Of course they say that one was accidental.) Folks, there is a reason this man lost his appeals. Troy Davis lost his appeals to the U.S. Supreme court on several occasions. They even gave him an "unheard" of opportunity to present "new" evidence. The problem was, there was not any evidence. The testimony was only "smoke and mirrors" as the judge indicated. They offered no evidence, and provided no witnesses under oath or cross-examination. Their only recantations and testimony changes occurred in their office, without proper investigation.
Bare in mind also, the Parole Board gave Troy Davis several hearings. They reviewed all the evidence, but more importantly challenged Troy Davis' lawyers to prove their claims. There is a difference between reasonable doubt, and just throwing anything out there to manufacture doubt.
Finally, it sickens me to see celebrities embrace a cop killing waste of human like Troy Davis. If you are against the death penalty, fine. But do not dishonor the memory of the fallen police officer, discredit the ENTIRE criminal justice system, and attempt to support a cause that you know nothing about. Georgia executed a cop killer last night, and it did deter crime. Troy Davis will NEVER be able to kill another police officer again. AMEN!

September 22, 2011 at 7:46 p.m.
Rufus_T_Firefly said...

Letter 149

Abortion proponents have defended abortion on the grounds that nobody knows when life begins.

That isn't true--anybody capable of rational thought knows that each individual's life begins at conception. But even if we didn't know for sure, does that mean we can just charge ahead with lethal instruments?

If you were driving down the road and saw a heap of clothing in the street, would you just run over it? Or would you stop to make sure it wasn't a person before you ran over it? It's fairly obvious that nobody but a homicidal maniac would run over anything that might be a person.

Well, it is far more likely that the fetus is a person than that a bundle on the road is a person.

Shouldn't we give our children at least as much consideration as we'd give a pile of rags?

This argument against abortion is a good argument against the death penalty. Doubt.

"If you were driving down the road and saw a heap of clothing in the street, would you just run over it? Or would you stop to make sure it wasn't a person before you ran over it?"

We didn't stop to check the "heap of clothing". We simply ran over the heap of clothing with a 5,000 pound automobile.

A Republican is someone who thinks life begins at conception and ends at birth.

September 22, 2011 at 8:16 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Rolando said: "Yep. Our prisons are holding nothing but innocent men...just ask one."

For heavens sake, Rolando. You go from one extreme to another extreme. The Innocence Project focuses on exonerating wrongfully convicted people though DNA testing:

“The Innocence Project is a non-profit legal clinic affiliated with the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law at Yeshiva University and created by Barry C. Scheck and Peter J. Neufeld in 1992. The project is a national litigation and public policy organization dedicated to exonerating wrongfully convicted people through DNA testing and reforming the criminal justice system to prevent future injustice. As a clinic, law students handle case work while supervised by a team of attorneys and clinic staff.


Most of our clients are poor, forgotten, and have used up all legal avenues for relief. The hope they all have is that biological evidence from their cases still exists and can be subjected to DNA testing. All Innocence Project clients go through an extensive screening process to determine whether or not DNA testing of evidence could prove their claims of innocence. Thousands currently await our evaluation of their cases.



DNA testing has been a major factor in changing the criminal justice system. It has provided scientific proof that our system convicts and sentences innocent people — and that wrongful convictions are not isolated or rare events. Most importantly, DNA testing has opened a window into wrongful convictions so that we may study the causes and propose remedies that may minimize the chances that more innocent people are convicted.



As forerunners in the field of wrongful convictions, the Innocence Project has grown to become much more than the “court of last resort” for inmates who have exhausted their appeals and their means. We are a founding member of The Innocence Network, a group of law schools, journalism schools and public defender offices across the country that assists inmates trying to prove their innocence whether or not the cases involve biological evidence which can be subjected to DNA testing. We consult with legislators and law enforcement officials on the state, local, and federal level, conduct research and training, produce scholarship and propose a wide range of remedies to prevent wrongful convictions while continuing our work to free innocent inmates through the use of post-conviction DNA testing.”

http://www.innocenceproject.org/about/

September 22, 2011 at 8:43 p.m.
conservative said...

Rufus, your sophistry is easily countered and as worthless as a pile of rags. We don't just simply "run over" ( your analogy) the accused. We have a trial to determine guilt. He was found guilty by a jury of his peers and the verdict was upheld numerous times on appeal.

September 22, 2011 at 8:57 p.m.
hambone said...

This whole Troy Davis thing and all the reviews and hearings remind me of a old redneck joke.

A bus load of blacks crashes on a Alabama state highway,

A state trooper is sent out to check on it, he comes on a farmer sitting on a backhoe.

"did you see a wreck out here?" he asks.

The farmer points to a fresh pile of dirt and says "Right there it is, I buried em!"

"You mean they were all killed?"

"Three of them said they weren't, but you know how they lie!"

September 22, 2011 at 9:53 p.m.
adolphochs said...

alprova said: Spencer Lawton claims that Troy Davis admitted to the earlier shooting. Bullet casings found later at the shooting scene where the officer was shot was matched to the bullet casings from the earlier shooting. That's it. How does this prove who had the gun and who shot the officer?

Seemed apparent to a jury of his peers. If Davis is identified as the shooter earlier in the day at another location and there are casings at that location that match the casings at McPhails murder, the jury must have deduced that the same shooter (Mr. Davis) was shooting at both locations. Please give the original jury (7 blacks and 5 whites) credit for having some degree of intelligence. Unlike CSI, etc., in real life, miraculous evidence isn't produced which immediately makes the perp confess.

Now it's time for society to flip the switch on that POS Mumia Abu-Jamal.

September 22, 2011 at 10:49 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Thank you Tmbrwlfofga for your insights on this subject. Everyone can read just one post made at September 22, 2011 at 7:46 p.m. and learn about everything you need to know about the case of Troy Davis and why he was finally put to death.

Suck it alpo! You wasted your entire day. :)

September 22, 2011 at 10:50 p.m.
01centare said...

Troy Davis was initially suspected only because he was tied to an earlier shooting in which he knowingly fired a gun in the air, and shot a man in the face

My! My! How "thangs" do change overtime. Original transcripts say the man was hit in the face and NOT shot in the face! Wow!!

Finally, it sickens me to see celebrities embrace a cop killing waste of human like Troy Davis

Do you feel the same way about a "thug killing cop" who murders an innocent citizen? Remember Kelly Thomas? The homeless man who was beaten to death by several thug cops. Only two have been indicted. To my knowledge, the death penalty has only been tossed around once for cop charged with murder, but even those charges will likely be reduced. Whether it was the rape and execution style murder of a woman on her way home from a church convention or the wrongful brutal beating death of a homeless man by a gang of Fullerton California cops. No thug cop has ever received the death penalty for committing a serious crime, no matter how brutal and heinous.

September 22, 2011 at 11:13 p.m.
patriot1 said...

How was it that Brewer in the Byrd dragging death in Texas was found guilty of murder and executed when he was not driving the vehicle? Isn't this the same logic critics of the Troy Davis execution are using?

September 22, 2011 at 11:33 p.m.
potcat said...

Brewer participated in the Murder of James Byrd by kidnaping and trussing him up to be dragged to death, only one person can drive. Troy Davis conviction was done by eyewitnes testamony, which we know for a FACT is unreliable. People recanted and where intimidated by Police in their confessions. When in doubt, always err on the side of Justice,thats the Law,resonable DOUBT.

September 23, 2011 at 7:52 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Ann Coulter's book Godless (last four chapters) was picked apart sentence by sentence by the scientific community, and for five years some scientists have offered a challenge to anyone who could show a single paragraph in those chapters factually correct. To date no one has.

She is a liar and a fraud. If she is willing to print lies about one subject she cannot be trusted on any.

September 23, 2011 at 8:23 a.m.
conservative said...

You have just DEMONstrated how easy it is to make something up or publish something someone else made up. Some might think you are a fraud and a liar.

September 23, 2011 at 8:53 a.m.
rolando said...

You have your opinion, lkeithlu, the rest of us have ours...which may or may not be the same as yours.

No, I haven't read her books...nor do I have any desire to so do. But I don't condemn her -- or any author -- out of hand because some mysterious "community" disses her work.

I am surprised that the "scientific community" didn't pick Ms Coulter's chapters apart word by word, even letter by letter. That way it could have completely eliminated the overall picture and removed any sense and/or logic piecemeal. [sarcasm]

Many of its "peer reviews" work that way...and evidently it considered her a peer in order to critique her work -- small bit of justice in that.

You have adopted alpo's methods in this case, re: "picking apart", sentence by sentence. Pity, that. It is a rather doubtful tactic outside the classroom and is rather easily discounted.

"My neighbor's dog created more shovel-ready jobs than Obama" [Tag]

September 23, 2011 at 8:54 a.m.
rolando said...

The Innocence Project focuses on exonerating wrongfully convicted people though DNA testing:

mountainlaurel -- You have lost me. What does that have to do with my post, re: Our prisons are holding nothing but innocent men...just ask one.?

As I recall, Davis' trial and appeals had nothing to do with DNA. His lawyers presented no evidence or sworn testimony supporting the idea that it might have...actually, they presented nothing noteworthy. Kinda like Davis' worthless, cop-killing life. May he roast in that circle of Hell reserved for cop-killers.

September 23, 2011 at 9:05 a.m.
MickeyRat said...

conservative said... "You have just DEMONstrated how easy it is to make something up or publish something someone else made up. Some might think you are a fraud and a liar".

That was weak and quite sophomoric. A simple “Nuh Uh” would have said the same thing with much less effort.

September 23, 2011 at 9:26 a.m.
conservative said...

I made a point in two sentences. No effort for me at all.

September 23, 2011 at 10:45 a.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Tmbrwlfofga said: “It sickens me to see celebrities embrace a cop killing waste of human like Troy Davis. If you are against the death penalty, fine. But do not dishonor the memory of the fallen police officer, discredit the ENTIRE criminal justice system, and attempt to support a cause that you know nothing about.”

I believe you’re overlooking some of the more outrageous things that have occurred since Troy Davis filed his appeal, Tmgrwlfofga. For starters, there was Supreme Court Justices Scalia and Thomas' dissenting opinion, which unsettled a lot of people including well-known and well-respected people like Alan Dershowitz who didn’t hesitate to take on the Justices (particularly Scalia) in a very public way – and rightfully so:

“I never thought I would live to see the day when a justice of the Supreme Court would publish the following words:

“This court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is ‘actually’ innocent. Quite to the contrary, we have repeatedly left that question unresolved, while expressing considerable doubt that any claim based on alleged ‘actual innocence’ is constitutionally cognizable.”

Yet these words appeared in a dissenting opinion issued by Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas on Monday. Let us be clear precisely what this means. If a defendant were convicted, after a constitutionally unflawed trial, of murdering his wife, and then came to the Supreme Court with his very much alive wife at his side, and sought a new trial based on newly discovered evidence (namely that his wife was alive), these two justices would tell him, in effect: “Look, your wife may be alive as a matter of fact, but as a matter of constitutional law, she’s dead, and as for you, Mr. Innocent Defendant, you’re dead, too, since there is no constitutional right not to be executed merely because you’re innocent.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2009/08/18/scalias-catholic-betrayal.html

September 23, 2011 at 10:56 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

rolando and conservative, these are not "just my opinions". These are rebuttals that are available for everyone to see, and are well cited and referenced. But of course, you aren't interested in learning anything that might disturb your worldview.

I stand by my statement. She's a liar and a fraud, and she cannot be trusted. Ignorance is not an excuse, as the information that she used was shown to be false, and she chose to print it anyway.

September 23, 2011 at 11:11 a.m.

It is great. Conservative brainpower told me today that Jesus supports the death penalty!

Namely, if he would not, he would have prevented his own exevution!

In Math we call that proof by contradiction....

By the same logic we can conclude that he even supports excecution of innocent people, since I suppose he considered himself as innocent..

And if Davis is innocent he deserves execution due to the thousands of abortions done by liberals, since conservatives never have abortions, only secretly...

So now Davis and Jesus will meet in heaven to discuss their shared sacrifice .... Davis should be really happy....

I have to say whenever I think conservatives cannot get dumber any more they always manage to prove me wrong.... Observe that "conservative brainpower" is a nice example of an oximoron....

September 23, 2011 at 1:05 p.m.
mystyre said...

good one, austrian.

September 23, 2011 at 1:15 p.m.
Tmbrwlfofga said...

MountainLaurel, I again ask that someone defend the Troy Davis view of his innocence. As has been the case, his backers defend him with everything but facts. If you both read and understand the opinion of the Supreme Court, you realize that the appeal was based upon alleged violations of the constitutional process. The Supreme Court did not and was not asked to weigh in on the new claims by the Troy Davis attorneys. In fact they did exactly what they were told to do in addressing the constitutional challenges made by his attorneys.
In fact, let me remind you again that they gave him an "unheard of" hearing before a judge to present new evidence to prove his innocense. His lawyers at the time claimed this was all they needed. The only problem was, they never presented evidence. They simply made baseless claims and did not present one single person under oath, under cross examination, that could provide verification of their claims.
Then on Wednesday, they pulled a stunt saying that Troy Davis wanted to take a polygraph to prove his innocense. First, they knew that they would not be allowed to just "show up" unannounced and administer a polygraph. Second, if Troy Davis so believed in the polygraph, why didn't he take one twenty years ago when asked repeatedly. Even a first year lawyer knows they cannot use them in court, that in fact they are only an investigative tool. Why didn't he offer to take one a year ago? Smoke and mirrors my friend.
And it does sicken me when a cop kills unlawfully as well. That is not the issue here though. It is a sad commentary on our society when a cop-killing murderous thug has people swooning over him like he is a folk hero. The U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals, the Georgia State Supreme Court, the Georgia Board of Pardon and Paroles, and every Superior Court that dealt with this case got it right. Pray for the dead officer's Mother. Troy Davis had the chance, but since he was a "reformed and born again Christian," he turned down an offer of a final prayer. Its ok though, we are here today and he is roasting in hell.

September 23, 2011 at 1:28 p.m.

I think it's funny how you Democrats, liberals or left wing people love labeling people like Ann Coulter, who has no, absolutely no impact on public policy, laws or anything else that affects your lives, as a fraud and a liar, yet you're prefectly fine with out and out frauds and corrupt individuals like Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Tim Geithner, Charley Rangle and, yes, President Obama. Troops on the ground in Libya, Operation Fast and Furious and now Solyndra, and you're whining about Ann Coulter? The corrupt stimulus, the corrupt Obamacare and now this "jobs plan" that's nothing but trash.

You have such trouble with free speech! Just like President Obama.

The fact is you Democrats, liberals or left wing people have no problem with killing innocent human beings, the unborn. This man was tried, convicted, his case reviewed and then he was executed.

No one is more disrespected than the unborn in this country. No one. They just disapear, like the Jews during the WWII who were taken away, herded like cattle into trains, then shoved into a gas chamber. There's no difference! They were killed just because they were who they were. Just like the unborn. I agree with those who call it genocide. The numbers back me up!

September 23, 2011 at 1:40 p.m.

In the 22 years Mr. Davis lived after he shot that officer, how many unborn human beings were executed? Millions, I'd guess.

September 23, 2011 at 1:51 p.m.
ArnoldZiffel said...

BOOHOOHOOO, another murderer bites the dust!!! Listen to the bleeding hearts cry! WHAAAAA, WHAAAAAAA, WHAAAAAAA!! Austrian, you freakin' Nazi clown, you hate this country so shut up. Shouldn't you be at some rally at the U.N. pushing for a Palestinian state and the death of all Jews?????

September 23, 2011 at 2:02 p.m.

L4F,

First as you invoke Hitler as usual just to display your limited intellectual abilities, I want to remind you that Hitler was a right wing politian more in line with your world view than with mine.

Second, I see that your experience in logic is somewhat limited. I said that According to conservative arguments Jesus also supports the execution of innocents. I did not say that Davis was innocent, I just argued that if he is innocent, which is still possible, then it does not even matter since Jesus supports that....

Got the difference...

September 23, 2011 at 2:06 p.m.

Blondbutextremelydumb,

please explain to me the correlation between Davis sitting in prison and abortions happening outside the prison. I would even dare to arguee that in those years Davis was Not responsible for an abortion....

September 23, 2011 at 2:38 p.m.
TunnelRat1 said...

It really upsets me that so many are so judgmental of Ann Coulter. I think we can stop all this Coulter nonsense by agreeing on at least one thing about her: nice knockers.

September 23, 2011 at 3:36 p.m.
TunnelRat1 said...

You know, I was talking to an acquaintance the other day who told me that it was a generally accepted Christian principle that babies and young children who died or were killed would automatically go to heaven and therefore her take on abortion was that all aborted babies would go straight to heaven without ever having to experience any of the potentially horrible things that befall humans during their life on earth like sexual abuse, hunger, poverty, assault, depression, etc., etc., etc. ad nauseam. She said if they all were born and grew up, any number of them might go to hell instead. Wow, kinda made me think.

September 23, 2011 at 3:49 p.m.
ArnoldZiffel said...

Tmbrwlfofga, very good! Yeah, just look at the bleeding hearts trying to make this murderer into a folk hero! They love that. Like that murderer and thug, Che. You idiots! HEY, did anyone read about what that genius BO said today? He said in a speech: "We're the country that built the intercontinental railroad" LOL

September 23, 2011 at 4:07 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Tmbrwlfofga said: It is a sad commentary on our society when a cop-killing murderous thug has people swooning over him like he is a folk hero.

I’ve heard lots of experienced and knowledgeable people express their concerns over what has occurred in the Troy Davis case, but I’ve yet to see anyone swooning over him like a folk hero, Tmbrwlfofga. As I pointed out earlier on this thread, even William S. Sessions, a former federal district judge in Texas and FBI director under Presidents Reagan, Bush and Clinton has said doubts about Davis’ guilt are “pervasive and persistent” and the execution should be halted.

Tmbrwlfofga said: “The opinion of the Supreme Court . . . was based upon alleged violations of the constitutional process.”

I understand, Tmbrwlfofga. But what you don’t seem to understand is the role that the dissenting opinion of Justices Thomas and Scalia played in setting off the public alarm in regard to the constitutional process. Surely, you can grasp the bottom line difference, which has nothing to do folk heroes:

Justice Stevens, who voted with the 6-2 majority said: “It ‘would be an atrocious violation of our Constitution and the principles on which it is based’ to execute an innocent person.”

Justices Thomas and Scalia, on the other hand, declared: “This court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is ‘actually’ innocent.”

Tmbrwlfofga said: I ask that someone defend the Troy Davis view of his innocence. . . his backers defend him with everything but facts.”

What Middle Eastern country are you swooning over, Tmbrwlfofga? Or maybe you’ve been hanging around with U.S. District Court Judge Moore a little too long. In the U.S., the emphasis is “innocent” until proven guilty. It’s not guilty until proven innocent, which is essentially the way Judge Moore approached Troy Davis’ appeal. Indeed, if a state’s case against a condemned prisoner is not “ironclad”, (Judge Moore’s words) shouldn’t that fact trouble the State?

In US District Court Judge William Moore’s ruling, " he addressed not whether the state could demonstrate a watertight case against Troy Davis, but whether Troy Davis could show “by clear and convincing evidence that no reasonable juror would have convicted him in the light of the new evidence” that has emerged since his 1991 trial for the murder. . . Under this “extraordinarily high” standard, Judge Moore wrote, “Mr. Davis is not innocent”.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/sites/default/files/amr510772010en.pdf

September 23, 2011 at 4:24 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Alan Dershowitz on “The Justice Game” in the U.S.:

Rule I - Almost all criminal defendants are, in fact, guilty.

Rule II - All criminal defense lawyers, prosecutors and judges understand and believe Rule I.

Rule III - It is easier to convict guilty defendants by violating the Constitution than by complying with it, and in some cases it is impossible to convict guilty defendants without violating the Constitution.

Rule IV - Almost all police lie about whether they violated the Constitution in order to convict guilty defendants.

Rule V - All prosecutors, judges and defense attorneys are aware of Rule IV.

Rule VI - Many prosecutors implicitly encourage police to lie about whether they violated the Constitution in order to convict guilty defendants.

Rule VII - All judges are aware of Rule VI.

Rule VIII - Most trial judges pretend to believe police officers who they know are lying.

Rule IX - All appellate judges are aware of Rule VIII, yet many pretend to believe the trial judges who pretend to believe the lying police officers.

Rule X - Most judges disbelieve defendants about whether their constitutional rights have been violated, even if they are telling the truth.

Rule XI - Most judges and prosecutors would not knowingly convict a defendant who they believe to be innocent of the crime charged (or a closely related crime.

Rule XII - Rule XI does not apply to members of organized crime, drug dealers, career criminals or potential informers.

Rule XIII - Nobody really wants justice.

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/legal_skills/2010/12/dershowitz-on-the-justice-game.html

September 23, 2011 at 5:27 p.m.
mtngrl said...

The above rules pointed out by mountainlaurel were on full display by the GA justice system during the Tonya Craft trial. Luckily for her they were so blatant about it that her extremely expensive defense lawyer was able to make it evident to the jury.

September 23, 2011 at 5:34 p.m.
rolando said...

She's a liar and a fraud, and she cannot be trusted.

That is still merely your opinion, lkeithlu, no better or worse than anyone else's on this forum.

"Peer review" is over-rated...and, often enough to matter, discourages free research into areas falling outside its iron box of "proper research". It results in refusal of grants, etc for the same reason.

Anyone who challenges its cast-in-concrete narrow vision is castigated. If memory serves, it is slowly disappearing because of its bias, preordained goals and research methods.

September 23, 2011 at 5:48 p.m.
rolando said...

I love this forum.

September 23, 2011 at 6:02 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

That is still merely your opinion, lkeithlu, no better or worse than anyone else's on this forum.

Again, it's not my opinion. Want the sources? Just ask.

"Peer review" is over-rated...and, often enough to matter, discourages free research into areas falling outside its iron box of "proper research". It results in refusal of grants, etc for the same reason.

You know very little about scientific peer review, especially in the natural sciences.

Anyone who challenges its cast-in-concrete narrow vision is castigated

Not if they provide evidence

If memory serves, it is slowly disappearing because of its bias, preordained goals and research methods.

Memory? Peer review is alive and well, for all respected journals. However, it's not just the peer reviewed stuff she got wrong. Her sources quote mined and took things out of context, and they were exposed as frauds long before she wrote the book. However, that didn't stop her.

September 23, 2011 at 6:03 p.m.
dude_abides said...

blondefordaze, it is very clear, from your ranting about liberals and their long held beliefs, that you never voted for Obama as you have stated here several times, and thus are a bald faced liar bereft of any credibility. Change your name and try again. Break out a thesaurus and none of us will recognize you. Hint: Don't use "notblondeatall", "brunettebutnotsmart", or "somethingbutnotanything"

September 23, 2011 at 7:41 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Who are the haters?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/your-mothers-a-whore-vile-comments-lead-to-bar-fight-between-heckler-and-bristol-palin/

This guy must really make the leftists proud. Thing is, this behavior seems to be pretty common in that circle.

September 23, 2011 at 8:31 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

kind of like how dude must make you libs proud, how he attacks blondebutnotdumb with his "creative" namecalling.

blondebutnotdumb's crime? Not sharing dudes leftist, tolerant, can't we all just get along brand of politics!

September 23, 2011 at 10:52 p.m.
dude_abides said...

share this, fascist.

September 23, 2011 at 11:29 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

heh, heh, dude said, "fascist"! When there is nothing between the ears you are reduced to name calling I guess. :)

September 23, 2011 at 11:46 p.m.
TunnelRat1 said...

The following is copied and pasted from the Introduction section of the Libertarian Party website: "Tolerant - The Libertarian Party is for all who don't want to push other people around and don't want to be pushed around themselves. Live and let live is the Libertarian way."

Libertarians4Freedom seems quite intolerant. He (or she) might have a hard time tolerating this observation.

September 24, 2011 at 4:41 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

TunnelRat1,

Do you expect someone that would normally be perfectly happy letting you live your life as you see fit continue on that tack when their property, freedom, or person is being assaulted by "progressives"? There is nothing in the Libertarian philosophy that requires them to take oppression lying down, quite the contrary.

September 24, 2011 at 9:42 a.m.
macropetala8 said...

Convince me that you can be innocent even if 34 witnesses say you did it

I can wager at least 1,134 of my "fale" libertarian neighbors would come together and lie for their cause. They do it all the time and still call themselves libertarians and even christians. So why NOT 34 witnesses, who've likely been coaxed by the prosecution, threatened by law enforcement and even the actual shooter who, I might add, was said to have been one of the 9 witnesses who testified against Troy Davis. He-LLs BELLS! There was more evidence to convict Amanda Knox than Troy Davis and look how hypocrit Americans are all up in arms over an upper middle-classed white girl being convicted of murder in a Paris court.

September 24, 2011 at 10:27 a.m.

"I can wager at least 1,134 of my "fale" libertarian neighbors would come together and lie for their cause. They do it all the time and still call themselves libertarians and even christians. So why NOT 34 witnesses, who've likely been coaxed by the prosecution, threatened by law enforcement and even the actual shooter who, I might add, was said to have been one of the 9 witnesses who testified against Troy Davis."
and: "There was more evidence to convict Amanda Knox than Troy Davis and look how hypocrit Americans are all up in arms over an upper middle-classed white girl being convicted of murder in a Paris court."

why i's mite not bee as smert as yall whos thunk you are butt i shur kan reed gud.

macpet-ate hur hat wen she sed missAmanda wus inna Paree cort. i red she wus in Italee an whut is tha problim wit her beeing a reech whit gurl an all? thet ole medee-a luvs ta tak abut thos ole furrin corts an US citisins an all doin crims n such ovur in U-rope.

miss macpet-ate! sham on ya fur lyin likey that upn ther! everthin ya sed wus: "wager". "do it all the time". "libertarians" an "christins". "likely been coaxed". 'threatened by law enforcement". "was said to have been". an the wurse: "hypocrit Americans"!!

whurs yur eveedense mam? that up ther is whut sum foks call kon-jeck-shur or sum sech. an whurs yur pattreeotick dutee as un american to see thet all dems yers evrbodi in tha jurry sed po mrDavis wus gilty as sin! didya see ALL tha eveedense yursef or sumthin? i feeel sori fur him butt yur all li-ing up thar aint goin brung him beck! yous li-ing bout po mrLiberty wus reel nasti an probly nut tru so git sum edjamufacation reel sune ok???!!!

September 24, 2011 at 2:42 p.m.

L4F,

I see you associate with facisms things like public education, building highways, providing health care.. I associate with it hate speechees, intolerance, big military, superior behavior, narroe mindedness, racism, hatred against gays.... Very much in line with your perspectives...

and, it is right that we have no free speech, however, you can only get in trouble for "wiederbetaetigung" meanig repeating NAZI-philosophy, inciting hatred, which is pretty reasonable...

You have free speech, which has the effects that lying is considered as legitimate as seen at FOX news.. News here are reasonable, but I am sure you dont even know what reasonable means... And, let me tell you I dont hate the US. I hate stupid people... Unfortunately around 30 percent in your country falls in that cathegory....

September 24, 2011 at 3:29 p.m.

and, it is right that we have no free speech, however, you can only get in trouble for "wiederbetaetigung" meanig repeating NAZI-philosophy, inciting hatred, which is pretty reasonable...

You have free speech, which has the effects that lying is considered as legitimate as seen at FOX news.. News here are reasonable, but I am sure you dont even know what reasonable means... And, let me tell you I dont hate the US. I hate stupid people... Unfortunately around 30 percent in your country falls in that cathegory....(mrOzztreeah n a-la-Bama lands)

why mr Oz ya furget ta tell n the foks hear that inna ole Jermanee lotsn lots uf foks are leevn yur kuntree cos uf all da dis-cree-men-ashun thar-aginst Cristins and peeples who wunt to tech ther kids whut theys buleeves. why jermanee is hevn lots of problums with lots of stuf! ya wanna trooth? then tok sum sumtimes!

ya hates stoop-id peeples okay. butt yur won of thos foks cos ya sed peeples ya hate are li-ing butt ya furget all tha peeples and meed-ee-a thet ar li-ing everday evermunth n ever yer too. theys ar li-ing to Amerikans and ya lik thos wons butt no likey otters! That thers culled HIppo-crisie sir! my daddy wudda poped ya won gud onna yur noggin fur that!! Git beck ta yur perfeckk land mr!

September 24, 2011 at 4:06 p.m.
FGreyParker said...

As long as there is a death penalty, there will be more cases like this one. It erodes the meaning of justice in our country.

http://handthatfeedsyou.blogspot.com/2011/09/state-sanctioned-murder-is-always-wrong.html

September 24, 2011 at 10:25 p.m.
Legend said...

FGreyParker said... As long as there is a death penalty, there will be more cases like this one. It erodes the meaning of justice in our country.

And makes America out to be the ultimate hypocrit in relations to their stand against countries who regularly violate human rights around the world. They have nothing to accuse Italy of in the case against Amanda Knox, because America is just as bad, worse actually.

September 25, 2011 at 1:16 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.