published Tuesday, February 28th, 2012

Brainwashing

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

172
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.

A little washing gets the stains out.

February 28, 2012 at 12:13 a.m.
timbo said...

What is about you liberals and missing the point. Santorum only said that many people don't need or don't have the education for colleges. We also need plumbers, electricians, construction workers, auto plant workers...etc. All work is honorable. The fact that Obama doesn't get it means he is a snob.

You are delusional if you don't know that colleges professors are about 90% liberal. Indoctrination is their goal. They want everyone to be good little socialists.

The fact is, about 15% of the population can't be hypnotized or brain-washed. That 15% ain't liberals. They are conservative.

Now go ahead and praise your fearless leader, Clay. Compliment him about his wry wit. Then repeat every liberal cliche you heard on PMSnbc. Then go look in the mirror and repeat.."I am smart..I am smart...

Now line up junior socialists...blackwater, happywithnewbrains, alprova, dude_abides, mountainlaurel.... and salute your hero Clay.

February 28, 2012 at 12:20 a.m.
John_Proctor said...

The Manchurian Candidate comes to life! Good one, Clay.

I see that the drooling monkeys are already out and about and screeching.

February 28, 2012 at 12:29 a.m.

No, Timbo, what he really said was that college was about brainwashing.

That was the point of what he meant when he said:

“I understand why Barack Obama wants to send every kid to college, because of their indoctrination mills, absolutely … The indoctrination that is going on at the university level is a harm to our country.”

He means it. He believes it to be true. Obama isn't the snob you want to make him out to be, but even if it were so, Santorum has a problem as well. What? Really? Yes, anti-intellectualism is a common attitude as well.

Don't try to spin it, he said what he meant, and he knows it.

February 28, 2012 at 12:29 a.m.

BTW, I could respect Santorum if I thought he was genuine in his expression of alternative education options.

But he loaded on an attempt to bash President Obama and attack the perceived liberal elite in colleges. This was certainly meant to appeal to his base, and I appreciate his candor, but not because I believe in him.

But because it makes him easier to recognize.

I wonder how long till he starts attacking people who wear glasses as eggheads that are a threat to his ideal society.

February 28, 2012 at 12:52 a.m.
blackwater48 said...

DO FACTS REALLY MATTER?

Sorry, TB, Obama never said he wants every American to go to college. Santorum's premiss is wrong. New Bulbs identified Rick's real target: those snobs with educations. (Pay no attention to the fact that Rick went to college and earned three degrees.) But you have to give him credit for going after those voters who don't want their kids to go to college, who don't want their kids to do as well as they can, who don't want their kids to succeed. No, you don't need a college degree to be successful, but in today's market it certainly doesn't hurt. Actually, a master's degree is the new bachelor's.

Anyway, TB, I hopped into the 'way-back' machine, set the time to February 24, 2009. The place: President Obama's State of the Union Speech. Here is what he said:

So tonight I ask every American to commit at least one year of higher education or career training. It can be a community college or four year school. Vocational training or apprenticeship.

February 28, 2012 at 12:53 a.m.
alprova said...

Timbo wrote: "What is about you liberals and missing the point. Santorum only said that many people don't need or don't have the education for colleges. We also need plumbers, electricians, construction workers, auto plant workers...etc. All work is honorable. The fact that Obama doesn't get it means he is a snob."

Obama is wrong for pushing young people to seek to get a higher education? Japan reformed an entire nation by forcefully pushing that initiative.

"You are delusional if you don't know that colleges professors are about 90% liberal. Indoctrination is their goal. They want everyone to be good little socialists."

Oh please. Try offering something original for a change.

"The fact is, about 15% of the population can't be hypnotized or brain-washed. That 15% ain't liberals. They are conservative."

"Ain't"? First of all, where do you get your percentage figure from? Second, conservatives are likely the most brain-washed of all people.

The more religious one is, the more brain-washed they become, in believing and having faith in something that cannot be seen, heard, touched, tasted, or smelled.

February 28, 2012 at 12:57 a.m.
blackwater48 said...

POLITICS AIN'T BEANBAG

Just heard a report that the Santorum campaign is making robo calls to Democratic voters telling them that Michigan has open primary voting and democrats can vote in republican primaries. The call is a reminder that Romney supported the bailout for his billionaire wall street buddies but opposed the bail out for Detroit, a real slap in the face to autoworkers. The call then urged voting for Rick Santorum.

A Michigan pollster interviewed on The War Room did not think that those cross over voters would have much of an impact, but it's worth keeping in mind if you follow the returns.

Oh, the robo call did NOT mention that Santorum, like Romney, also opposed saving GM and Chrysler.

My prediction? Santorum by a couple of points. He's having a late surge and he may pick up more independent and democratic cross overs than anyone is predicting.

February 28, 2012 at 1:28 a.m.
hotdiggity said...

Is it really possible that we might actually have a nuttier GOP candidate for Prez than Newt. Please say it is so. Who else can Sanitorum possibly alienate? This theocratic bumbler will lose in a landslide to Obama.

February 28, 2012 at 2:19 a.m.
alprova said...

Rick Santorum wants to eliminate the separation of church and state in our government, bringing our governmental system to resemble that of Iran, which he wants to bomb for being ruled by religious zealots.

Only in America.

February 28, 2012 at 2:37 a.m.
alprova said...

tu_quoque wrote: "..."The more religious one is, the more brain-washed they become, in believing and having faith in something that cannot be seen, heard, touched, tasted, or smelled."..."

"Al Baby Sez ... from previous thread:"

"..."the God I know and love"..."

Is there a point you are attempting to make, Miss forever alone?

My belief in God is not based upon the worshiping a collection of religious based writings that have changed more times than I have changed my underwear during my lifetime.

I do believe in God, his Son, and an afterlife. What I am not, is fanatical about it.

I retain balance my life by living in the real world too.

February 28, 2012 at 2:47 a.m.

Timbo said, The fact is, about 15% of the population can't be hypnotized or brain-washed. That 15% ain't liberals. They are conservative

Yes, you are absolutely right. These 15 percent are conservatives. The brain-washing they got from home and church damaged their brain so severely that facts and ideas are unable to touch their mind.

How, the hack is it brainwashing if we college professors give the kids an insight into science which they never got before. The smarter ones naturally realize that what the parents told them is sheer garbage.

So, we do not need to brainwash, we just need to teach real science. And believe me, the first thing the univeristy administration tells you, never talk about religion and politics in classes in the bible belt. The 15 percent dummies would run to the Dean immediately.

I always find it great that parents homeschooling the kids .argue they just want to prevent that their kids get brainwashed from the school.... Logic was never the strong side of the bible-dummies

February 28, 2012 at 4:05 a.m.
MTJohn said...

blackwater48 said...Here is what he said:

So tonight I ask every American to commit at least one year of higher education or career training. It can be a community college or four year school. Vocational training or apprenticeship.

BW48 - just what kind of snob are you, anyway? Do you really think that every plumber, electrician, construction worker or plant worker should get vocational training or serve an apprenticeship before doing honorable work in their chosen profession?

February 28, 2012 at 5:38 a.m.
MTJohn said...

timbo said...The fact is, about 15% of the population can't be hypnotized or brain-washed. That 15% ain't liberals. They are conservative.

The best offense is a good defense. Plug into Fox News and Clear Channel radio and you will have a guaranteed insurance policy that protects your gray matter from all forms of indoctrination.

February 28, 2012 at 5:43 a.m.
joneses said...

Brainwashing? One not look further than this pathetic fool you have as president's success at brainwashing you stupid liberals. He says he is against the wealthy but he is wealthy, he says he wants to lower corporate tax rates but in his plan he actually raises them. He has all you foolish liberals thinking that being successful in America is a bad thing. He and the rest of the communist dummycrats have the blacks brainwashed into thinking they are watching our for them and actually they are only using them which is racism at it's finest.

February 28, 2012 at 5:45 a.m.
dougmusn said...

46.12% of all statistics are made up...like this one.

February 28, 2012 at 5:49 a.m.
MTJohn said...

dougmusn said...

46.12% of all statistics are made up...like this one.

Without knowing the standard deviation and confidence interval, how can I trust that number?

February 28, 2012 at 5:59 a.m.
328Kwebsite said...

Higher education is a for-profit, big business that makes individuals rich from running the colleges as never before. With changes in the laws that allow federal spending that occurred under the Bush administration, a whole new crop of rich people sucking government dollars sprang up. Ostensibly, the changes were to allow more flexibility in GI Bill spending; in reality, we gave a federal endorsement to a lot of unaccredited diploma mills. College, inc.

While President Obama is correct about college, I don't think that is the issue.

When candidates speak on soft issues like culture or college, a lot of times they may be promoting or insulting their funding base. While many conservatives may think that the public image of college rests with teachers, the reality of the funding of those colleges rests with the entrenched rich.

When these candidates take millions, part of what their donors are buying is not the success of a candidate: it's also the candidate's endorsement of what the patron wants.

Santorum is probably just as much on the payoff take as any other politician. Watch the words coming out of his mouth praise the money trail.

February 28, 2012 at 6:29 a.m.
EaTn said...

Santourm's pitch on not needing college was not meant for the 1% because you can bet his kids and their likes will be enrolled in the finest colleges to continue the wealth dominance in this country of their dad and his cronies.

February 28, 2012 at 6:40 a.m.
potcat said...

Joneses said,

Brainwashing? One not look further than this pathetic fool you have as a President's success at brainwashing you stupid Libtards. Joneses goes on to call Liberals Communist dummycrats. He goes on to say that Obama and the rest of the communist dummycrats have the Blacks brainwashed into thinking they are watching out for them and actually they are using them which is racism at its finest.

You should know a thing or two about brainwashing Joneses, having voted and supported a Supreme Court appointment President, that will go down in the history books as the Murderous Manufactured Cowboy Liar as the worst appointed a$$wipe President in histoy.

Dummy goes on to say that he "obama" has all Liberals thinking that being successful in America is a bad thing .WTH, you are such a blabbering lying fool and where in the hell did you come with that LIE. Obama agianst the Wealthy W T H , you have got to be kidding and what Planet have you been on for on 4yrs.

Obama, with Bushie taking the lead in bailing out the Wall Street Criminals, Bankers ETC. ETC with bush had the United States in dire straits, unpaid unnecesary WARS paid for with borrowed money from Connunist China.

Don't lie like the rest on this site "i didn't support bushie and he was Republican in name only, its not going to fly!!

Obama has went for the Rich in every thing he has done, America still has the Tax Cuts for the Rich and he brought along every Criminal Wall Street Harvard Hiester they had to offer to RUN Washington, now thats a FACT, and it was the Deal he made with the Cult to become President.

I am Liberal ,not a Democrat.

February 28, 2012 at 7:17 a.m.
dude_abides said...

Newt's coming! Newt's coming! $1000 a plate! He said, "I am looking forward to visiting Chatta-something-or-other. The people down there know how to vote against their own interests."

February 28, 2012 at 7:41 a.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Potcat: Methinks you have NO idea what you are.

MTJ: Clear Channel and FoxNews, huh? The leaves 96.5% of the media still in the tank for the Left. Real journalism is dead.

February 28, 2012 at 8:01 a.m.
timbo said...

alprova, happywithnewbrains, blackwater48....You all are like Pavlov's dog. I predict your reaction and you don't disappoint. Alprova, there is survey after poll, after survey that confirms the political leanings of college professors.

What Santorum said is not anti-intellectual, it was a fact. College is wasted on people who are going for the wrong reasons. Brainwashing in college is not the only place we have to worry about. Heck, when my kids were in public school I had to "deprogram" them every time they got home spouting some hogwash a liberal teacher was filling his head with.

By the way, I have an advance technical degree so you can save the insults about how "ignorant" I am. Education is important but you don't need a college degree for an Obama voter to say, "Do you want fries with that?"

You people remind me of a kid that watched a "Barney" tape over and over again expecting a different result. One of you Einsteins needs to create the liberal response program. It would be like computer stock trading. Your responses would be programmed and instantaneous. You wouldn't even have to think...oh, sorry...you don't think anyway. Ok, you wouldn't have to type.

By the way, "ain't" is used for emphasis. I know the correct grammar.

February 28, 2012 at 8:01 a.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

What timbo said.

February 28, 2012 at 8:19 a.m.
hambone said...

The TFP has jumped on the bandwagon of each candidate at one time or another.

The TFP's endorsment is more like a daily update!!

February 28, 2012 at 8:19 a.m.
JustOneWoman said...

timbo said...By the way, I have an advance technical degree so you can save the insults about how "ignorant" I am. Education is important but you don't need a college degree for an Obama voter to say, "Do you want fries with that?"

You can have a bajillion degrees, you are still ignorant. You have closed your mind off to anything of common sense. It is very evident that you have no desire in discussing issues. You want to argue, call names, and act like a socialists telling everyone what they should do. What a jerk!

February 28, 2012 at 8:20 a.m.
davisss13 said...

Republicans worship ignorance and raw rage. You can see it in every post, quote or idiotic rant.

February 28, 2012 at 8:28 a.m.
MTJohn said...

Jack_Dennis said...MTJ: Clear Channel and FoxNews, huh? The leaves 96.5% of the media still in the tank for the Left. Real journalism is dead.

Perhaps 96.5% of the media, but not 96.5% of the audience.

Real journalism is not dead. It just doesn't happen on Clear Channel, Fox News or the other cable news networks. Real journalism is still honored by several lesser media sources. But, I agree with you that there is not much of a market for real journalism in this country.

Now, why do you suppose there isn't a market for journalism? I'd suggest that we, the American people, would rather hear stories that reinforce our own mythology than to hear the difficult truth. I'd also suggest that folks like Rupert Murdoch and the other media moguls who lobbied so hard for deregulation of the media understand that very well and have pandered to it. Now, isn't it curious that, in this thread, the folks in this conversation who most likely subscribe to "journalism" ala Rupert are also the folks saying that the rest of us are the brainwashed.

Orwell was prescient. You may follow Big Brother, if you wish. My preference is for Goldstein.

February 28, 2012 at 8:41 a.m.
blackwater48 said...

HANG ON TIMBO

You began your predictable Obama harangue on something the president didn't say. Santorum either misquoted, totally fabricated, or completely missed the point of the 'keep learning' statement from the 2009 SOTUS. It said nothing about everyone going to college.

Please excuse me for assuming you were interested in criticizing Obama on something he actually said or a policy he actually advanced. Silly of me to think you'd let facts interfere with your criticism.

Why don't you kick that fancy education of yours into gear and go after the president on a real issue, like tax policy? Why don't you explain how the economic policy Santorum has proposed, or Romney or Gingrich for that matter, will 'save America?' Isn't JOBS the overriding concern of most voters? Why not enlighten us as to how the republicans will steer the American economy away from the brink of inevitable doom.

If you don't, won't, or can't, maybe you're just an insufferable old fool who, like Pavlov's dog, conditionally reacts to every criticism of Obama - real or imagined - without offering a vision of your own or a clear distinction with the conservative alternative.

February 28, 2012 at 8:44 a.m.
potcat said...

God we have a Genius among us Libtards, Calling someone Libtards sure doesn't sound like an educated man...timboo! Touting or making up how smart and educated you are is very uncouth and reading your post just goes to show how college is turning out some educated Idiots.

Definition.. Genius, Exceptional intellectual ability or creative power, a strong natural talent, a person who exerts powerful influence over another...timboo, you are none of these things.

Let a uneducated break it down for you. Some of the dumbest people i know are College educated," you know". Hasn't got a lick of common sense and don't know or want to know people,has no street smarts and are afraid of their on shadow..Boo.

February 28, 2012 at 8:47 a.m.
Drake said...

WELL, WELL, WELL. What do you we have here.

Looks like a left wing hornets nest. This must be where all the lefties gather.

Timbo, Mr. Timbo, I assume, Excellent! You hit the nail on the head. Colleges are a breeding ground for leftists, as are the public schools. To deny that is just silly.

Rick Santorum should be congratulated for telling it the way it is. It's so damn refreshing to see a Republican not kiss up to the left and their allies in the media.

February 28, 2012 at 8:48 a.m.
miraweb said...

I think our Ricky owes several apologies:

To the University of Pennsylvania for his Bachelor's.

To the University of Pittsburgh for his M.B.A.

To Dickensen School of Law for his law degree.

And his wife to Duquesne University for her nursing degree and the University of Pittburgh for her law degree.

It's never pretty when any Washington elite pretends to be 'just one of the boys'.

February 28, 2012 at 8:53 a.m.
moon4kat said...

"Sick Rantorum." I don't know who coined that transposition of two letters, but it sure seems to fit. Santorum doesn't want an educated citizenry because then there would be even fewer voters to support his desire to micro-manage the sex lives of women, and his narrow-minded recitations of whatever the Pope tells him to believe.

February 28, 2012 at 8:56 a.m.
davisss13 said...

Looks like a left wing hornets nest. This must be where all the lefties gather.

I see lots of ignorant rightwankers.

Timbo, Mr. Timbo, I assume, Excellent! You hit the nail on the head. Colleges are a breeding ground for leftists, as are the public schools. To deny that is just silly.

Silly? What is silly is your claim. You people worship ignorance and superstition. You're just a GD ignorant rube.

Rick Santorum should be congratulated for telling it the way it is. It's so damn refreshing to see a Republican not kiss up to the left and their allies in the media.

Jesus Christ, you are a fool. Santorum is nothing but a religious extremist who wants to drag us all back to the 1950s. Small government my ass. You lying theocratic swine want complete control of even our most private, personal choices. You want iron fisted control from the cradle to the grave. Your morals and ethics, like your religion, are situational at best... to be dismissed in a heartbeat if it causes you any inconvenience.

No thanks.

Religious manipulation is wrong.

February 28, 2012 at 9:06 a.m.
miraweb said...

He may owe his family an apology as well:

'A strong work ethic and craving for education to improve one's future runs deep in the roots of the Rick Santorum family tree.'

Source: Rick Santorum Family Tree

February 28, 2012 at 9:10 a.m.
blackwater48 said...

THE IDEAL CONSERVATIVE IDEOLOGY

Davisss13 pointed out, Small government my ass. You lying theocratic swine want complete control of even our most private, personal choices. You want iron fisted control from the cradle to the grave.

Actually, I believe a conservative - or what passes for a conservative these days - wants complete control from the moment of conception to the moment of birth. After that everyone is on their own. And god help anyone born into poverty who may need a little help, you know, eating or getting a student loan for college.

And as for small government, we know exactly how small conservatives want government to be: the size of a transvaginal probe.

February 28, 2012 at 9:20 a.m.
hambone said...

Jerry Clowers said it best,

"He is educated beyond his intellegence."

February 28, 2012 at 9:21 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Incredible. Santorum, Again? Really?

69 more of these stupid cartoons before the end of the year?

Bennett, you are hopeless.

February 28, 2012 at 9:25 a.m.
davisss13 said...

Actually, I believe a conservative - or what passes for a conservative these days - wants complete control from the moment of conception to the moment of birth. After that everyone is on their own.

To a point. Don't forget Terry Shaivo. They would steal your last wishes as well.

February 28, 2012 at 9:25 a.m.
acerigger said...

You righties spend a lot of time defending these clowns,endorsing them,not so much.speaks volumes.

February 28, 2012 at 9:28 a.m.
miraweb said...

So what do Santorum's own college age children do?

His daughter Elizabeth is a junior at the University of Dallas. His son John says he wants to hang out for a couple of years or maybe join the military before thinking about college.

I guess Rick Santorum is willing to keep paying young John's bills -- as college, vocational training, and appreticeships just aren't for everybody.

Both kids are out of school this year to work for their dad's campaign.

February 28, 2012 at 9:28 a.m.
davisss13 said...

I saw a recent pole that showed most of them go in to construction or try to get on somewhere in the manufacturing sector.

Oh lordie. Funniest thing I've seen this morning.

February 28, 2012 at 9:28 a.m.
davisss13 said...

BigRidgePatriot said... Incredible. Santorum, Again? Really? 69 more of these stupid cartoons before the end of the year? Bennett, you are hopeless.

I've read your posts, mr. rightwinger. You are the definition of hopeless.

February 28, 2012 at 9:29 a.m.
JustOneWoman said...

The right wing has been taken over by the dominionists, which has made them ripe for a takeover of the Republican party. Even Reagun wouldn't be electable. The Republican party does not exist as it once did. You can call me leftist, etc. I have fairly thick skin. I don't mind the names. I am an independent, you know one of those that is right in the middle that decides these elections. You couldn't pay me enough money to align with any of what Timbo says or the Right Wind Jihad Republicans. They want to tear our country apart, and these idiots, like Timbo, cheer them on. Idiots! They don't want a democratic republic, they want to dictate to the rest of us. Now that is unAmerican. Timbo, we see you for the bot you are. I hope they are paying you well for being a troll.

February 28, 2012 at 9:34 a.m.
miraweb said...

More apologies from Rick: to all the Penn State students who have paid rent on his five State College rental properties.

Not everyone should go to college, but everyone should rent apartments to college students! Two bedrooms, $2,300 per month. Well done, sir!

Source: Penn State Students Surprised

February 28, 2012 at 9:37 a.m.
alprova said...

miraweb wrote: "Both kids are out of school this year to work for their dad's campaign."

From what I read the other day, that's about the extent of his campaign staff as well.

February 28, 2012 at 9:57 a.m.
conservative said...

A reality check for leftist loons :

In the midterm elections the Demoncrats lost 6 Senate seats, over 60 House seats, 6 governorships, 680 state seats and the citizens of the great state of Tennessee threw enough Demoncrats out of office to give the Republicans control.

It was a good start.

February 28, 2012 at 10:15 a.m.
davisss13 said...

conservative said... A reality check for leftist loons :

In the midterm elections the Demoncrats lost 6 Senate seats, over 60 House seats, 6 governorships, 680 state seats and the citizens of the great state of Tennessee threw enough Demoncrats out of office to give the Republicans control."

Sure, they tapped the rage of the stimulus and co-opted the Ron Paul tea party protesters. Oh they turned it into a media circus complete with a clown car and did win elections... by promising jobs. What did we get instead? Abortion, gay marriage, Sharia law, the filthy culture war bs x 1000.

You think moderates and independents are going to believe you charlatans after that? You pulled a bait and switch and I hope you will be called on it.

February 28, 2012 at 10:22 a.m.
acerigger said...

*conservative said...

A reality check for leftist loons :

In the midterm elections the Demoncrats lost 6 Senate seats, over 60 House seats, 6 governorships, 680 state seats and the citizens of the great state of Tennessee threw enough Demoncrats out of office to give the Republicans control.

It was a good start.

con,we all know that in 2010 the Dems didn't get out the vote,the Repubs did. But like your boy GW said,"fool me once,shame on you,fool me twice and,er,uh,you don't get fooled again"

Americans have seen,once again,what the right has to offer,JACK-SH*T!

February 28, 2012 at 10:56 a.m.

conservative: So what have they done for US since?

Made grandstanding gestures? Drug tests for welfare applicants that spend more dollars? Demands for photo ID that put the burden on legitimate voters?

By their own words, they haven't fixed the economy. They haven't brought back jobs. Apparently they failed.

That's probably why the state of Wisconsin is rejecting Republicans left and right. Even Scott Walker had to admit enough of the signatures against him were valid.

timbo: Do you think your actions are beyond prediction? That you haven't been engaging in a repetitive pattern of conduct?

Nope, you're completely part of your own herd of dogmatic sycophants.

February 28, 2012 at 11:02 a.m.
limric said...

Alprova, quote, “Rick Santorum wants to eliminate the separation of church and state in our government, bringing our governmental system to resemble that of Iran, which he wants to bomb for being ruled by religious zealots.”

Very good point. Really well said.

It’s impossible to name one empire or government that, when blended with religion, did not end by using religion to rationalize wars, human suffering and human-rights abuses. One simply needs to think of Western Christendom (6th century-1500), the Crusades, the British in China or todays Islamic regimes. Any candidate attempting to blur the lines (Santorum in this case) by combining a singular strain (stain?) of religion and the state is a recipe for disaster, not just for enemies of the state but for the very religion that would be a partner in governance. When religious people begin to believe that theirs and theirs alone is the only true religion, it always marks the end of rationality. ALWAYS, there are NO exceptions!

Thus (paraphrased): "Those that wish to grasp the Universe as it really is, rather than to persist in delusion are then treated as evil by people who claim that they are being oppressed because they are not allowed to force us to practice what they do". :Carl Sagan/ D. Dale Gulledge

February 28, 2012 at 11:02 a.m.
MTJohn said...

Andy Borowitz's most recent report is timely

http://www.borowitzreport.com/

One tidbit: Turning to another campaign theme, Mr. Santorum told the crowd, “I support the rights of the unborn child until it is born and wants an education.”

February 28, 2012 at 11:21 a.m.
jesse said...

Santorum is a member of the most dangerous segment of society,the "TRUE BELIEVER'S"of whatever ilk!

February 28, 2012 at 11:30 a.m.
MTJohn said...

limric said...Any candidate attempting to blur the lines (Santorum in this case) by combining a singular strain (stain?) of religion and the state is a recipe for disaster, not just for enemies of the state but for the very religion that would be a partner in governance. When religious people begin to believe that theirs and theirs alone is the only true religion, it always marks the end of rationality. ALWAYS, there are NO exceptions!

I agree, Limric. And, to the perspective that you shared, I would add that people of faith ought to participate as responsible citizens in the workings of our society and government. People of faith ought to be a "voice", respecting the distinction between being a voice and being a political movement. And, people of faith ought to respect the voices of those whose faith persuasion differs from their own.

February 28, 2012 at 11:31 a.m.
News_Junkie said...

[Rick Santorum] "wants religion returned to “the public square,” is opposed to contraception, premarital sex and abortion under any circumstances, wants children educated in what amounts to little red schoolhouses and called President Obama a “snob” for extolling college or some other kind of post-high school education. This is not a political platform. It’s a fatwa." [Emphasis added.]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/enough-of-rick-santorums-sermons/2012/02/27/gIQAvUKieR_story.html?wpisrc=nl_opinions

February 28, 2012 at 11:58 a.m.
News_Junkie said...

"But for nutty ideas, Santorum is a one-man band. His intellectually abhorrent defense of what might be called blue-collar culture — no education past high school — is a prescription for failure. What he calls their “desires and dreams” is a sucker’s game: Welcome to an economy that can provide few, if any, jobs for the minimally educated."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/enough-of-rick-santorums-sermons/2012/02/27/gIQAvUKieR_story.html?wpisrc=nl_opinions

February 28, 2012 at 12:02 p.m.
News_Junkie said...

"when I mull Santorum’s views on contraception, the role of women, the proper place for religion and what he thinks about education, I think he’s either running for president of the wrong country or marooned in the wrong century. The man is lost."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/enough-of-rick-santorums-sermons/2012/02/27/gIQAvUKieR_story.html?wpisrc=nl_opinions

February 28, 2012 at 12:04 p.m.
potcat said...

Methinks you think you know who i am, since i have no idea why you would think such a thing, why don't you enlighten me. What am I? you insinuate that you know what that would be and by the way why would it matter to you , a little creepy.

Methinks your full of it, and - you have no idea who, what or where about me.

February 28, 2012 at 12:16 p.m.
News_Junkie said...

"Only a fool or a liar is unaware that higher education is all but a prerequisite for success in the post-industrial economy; the unemployment rate for college graduates is just 4.4 percent, compared to 9.5 percent for high-school graduates. The idea that encouraging young people to go to college is really an attempt to lure them into indoctrination camps, or campuses, would be grossly insulting if it were not so comically paranoid."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/rick-santorums-rhetoric-goes-to-the-extreme/2012/02/27/gIQANEYFeR_story.html?wpisrc=nl_opinions

February 28, 2012 at 12:17 p.m.
Drake said...

There's nothing wrong with a High School graduate who wants to be an auto mechanic, a computer tech or start his or her business. Nothing at all. If one has passion for something and is willing to work hard to be the best at it, what's it to you? Our president, and I use that term loosely, has degrees out the wazoo but he has no common sense and is ignorant of how our economy works.

February 28, 2012 at 12:37 p.m.

Drake: Everybody is ignorant of how the Economy works.

That doesn't stop them from believing, regardless of the specifics, they're all ignorant.

But hey, if you want to be an auto mechanic (who is often a computer tech now!), there's lots of education involved in it. There's a reason why shops have a wall of degrees the same as any doctor.

February 28, 2012 at 12:42 p.m.
whatsnottaken said...

Haven't been watching any politics on TV. It's all drivel anyway, so I looked to Clay to see who the GOP front-runner is this week. As usual, Clay and his TFP puppeteers answered my questions. Danka Schoen

February 28, 2012 at 1:25 p.m.
timbo said...

davisss13...Could just on of you liberals come up with an original insult? Accusing me of the obvious, that I just don't understand your thought process is redundant. At least dude_abides is a little creative about his insults. Most of you sound like Pee Wee Herman in a tizzy.

February 28, 2012 at 1:44 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

I remember back in the day when liberalism welcomed differing opinions...maybe even wanted a good debate. The left has now been taken over by the nanny-state teat suckers. Too bad.

February 28, 2012 at 1:57 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Drake said: "Colleges are a breeding ground for leftists, as are the public schools."

The only professors I've seen bring politics into the classroom have all been right wingers.

February 28, 2012 at 2:13 p.m.
hotdiggity said...

Drake, Timbo, Santorum, and other conservative posters crying about college being a "breeding ground of liberalism", and college professors being overwhelmingly liberal simply fear that individuals might question the status quo or engage in critical thinking. They are also being dishonest if they question the obvious benefits of college and are most likely being dishonest if they say they would not want their kids to attend college if possible. Hey, conservatives are welcome to send their kids to a religious college. No "indoctrination" going on there. Right?

February 28, 2012 at 2:22 p.m.
potcat said...

A Junior high teat sucker trying for a come back. To bad what you are posting is not debate material.

You can try again, but debates are not personal pronoucements about something you know nothing about.

Get out from under nannys skirt tail and quit begging for the Teat boy and then come back and try to make some sense.

February 28, 2012 at 2:25 p.m.
hambone said...

20 x $1,000 a plate = $20,000

Not much, but it'll make a small payment on the TIFFANYS bill!

February 28, 2012 at 3:05 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Clearly it is Clay Bennett, not Rick Santorum, that is guilty of delivering a monotonous, myopic, repetitive message day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day...

February 28, 2012 at 4:12 p.m.

And yet you keep coming back to it, like an addict.

I know you excuse yourself by saying you're trying to effect change, but even the legitimacy of that reasoning aside, you're not accomplishing your goal.

You really want to do it? Offer Clay Bennett or the Times Free Press money to get what you want. Start a fund-raising campaign for the editorials you want.

February 28, 2012 at 4:48 p.m.
whatsnottaken said...

BRP is right. But I think Clay is probably intelligent, if misguided. He must be selling out to editorial bosses at TFP for a paycheck. The fact he's working for a living means he's probably a right-winger deep inside - much to his chagrin.

February 28, 2012 at 4:50 p.m.
limric said...

Hi junior Socialists...Blackwater, Happywithnewbulbs, Alprova, Dude_abides, Mountainlaurel and some pesky Austrian from Alabama. Here’s a quick look at the life of any right winger. I’ll use ‘Timbo’ as the star of this short bio but it could be any hard core conservative. Nothing personal Timbo.
Shall we begin?

See Timbo. See Timbo run.

See Timbo run to the local school. Go Timbo go.

See Timbo’s daddy take a child-care tax credit. Maybe daddy will use it to buy Timbo some new toys.

See Timbo use federal student loans to go to college. Good going Timbo!

See Timbo lower his taxes with the ‘Lifetime learning credit’. Very clever Timbo!

See Timbo get a job. See Timbo’s employer’s tax exclusion make Timbo’s health care cheaper.

See Timbo and his new wife buy a house. Timbo can afford it because of the mortgage deduction!

See Timbo become a daddy. See Timbo take the child-care tax credit.

See TImbo save for college with a tax free education savings account. Great planning Timbo!

See Timbo retire. Now Timbo will collect Social Security.

Uh, oh. See Timbo get sick. Good thing Timbo has Medicare.

See Timbo fail to see, “When has the government EVER helped me!!” Funny Timbo Funny.

Alternate ending, See Timbo join the ‘Tea Party’, “I’ve NEVER taken a cent from the government!!” Funny Timbo Funny.

The End Times.

Thanks Barry ;-)

February 28, 2012 at 4:54 p.m.

You left out the bit about Timbo driving on the roads paid for by taxes and subsidies.

Not to mention breathing fresh air and drinking clean water.

February 28, 2012 at 4:56 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

Santorums new political poster:

S ame sex marriage

A bortion

T he Pill

A thiests

N ot naming him - but rhymes with Yo’Mama

February 28, 2012 at 5:41 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Great job, Limric. . . Your detailed report on the "Life of Timbo" is quite impressive.

February 28, 2012 at 5:43 p.m.
timbo said...

noog......that's something you should know a lot about . You libs think it's only funny when you insult conservatives . I haven't seen any liberals who could match wits with conservatives on the site . You just basically praise Clay and regurgitate left wing BS . You can't handle the truth . Your illogical rants are indicative of how immature liberalism really is . When you get an adult brain you just might be able to hang with the big dogs .

February 28, 2012 at 6:48 p.m.

timbo, it's impossible to match wits with conservatives on this site.

You haven't demonstrated any.

February 28, 2012 at 7:16 p.m.
alprova said...

Timbo wrote: "You libs think it's only funny when you insult conservatives ."

I'm sure that you do not share in any humor lobbed your way.

"I haven't seen any liberals who could match wits with conservatives on the site ."

You were owned by Limric.

"You just basically praise Clay and regurgitate left wing BS ."

As opposed to your consistent regurgitation of right-wing crap?

"You can't handle the truth ."

Please advise us whenever you offer anything that should be considered truthful. So far, you haven't offered anything but unsubstantiated rumor, rhetoric, and outright lies.

"Your illogical rants are indicative of how immature liberalism really is ."

Most of the liberals who participate on this site are rather logical, compared to the conservatives who weigh in with repetitive garbage all the time.

"When you get an adult brain you just might be able to hang with the big dogs ."

I'm not interested in hanging around with dogs, big or small. I prefer to hang around with people with a little sense.

February 28, 2012 at 7:46 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

BigRidgePatriot said: "Clearly it is Clay Bennett, not Rick Santorum, that is guilty of delivering a monotonous, myopic, repetitive message day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day."

I really enjoy Clay Bennett’s political cartoons, BRP. . . He did a great job today capturing Rick Santorum’s wild-eyed look. . . Did you note how close-set Santorum’s eyes are? . . . Check them out and look at them closely, BRP. . . No, closer, BRP. . . C’mon, a little closer, BRP. . . Now, can’t you just feel his seething hatred for women, Protestants, gays, environmentalists, Libertarians, Democrats, and college professors?

February 28, 2012 at 7:51 p.m.
limric said...

Last rant of the night before I indulge in a liberal pastime; reading. About guns and possibly the F-110 engine no less – Aughh!!

Y’know, if you replace each "God" that comes out of Santorum's mouth with the word "Allah", he'd be right at home with the people we’ve been told are our latest mortal enemies. There's a good chunk of America whose collective cheese has slid way off their cracker.

Santorum is of course crazy. I think he really wants to be the Ayatollah of the United States Catholic Taliban. Well ok, at least he's honest about it. I have never been so grateful for our founders' wisdom in creating a constitution that separates church and state. Santorum definitely deserves a seat next to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on FOX News.

Republicans: When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~ Bruce Willis ;-) Pfffft

February 28, 2012 at 8:38 p.m.

You know what Santorum has in common with the mullahs, right?

Their attitudes towards homosexuals and women.

February 28, 2012 at 9:36 p.m.
alprova said...

Aw gee...It looks like Rick Santorum peaked two weeks ago. His recent culture war seems to have backfired on him, just as many predicted it would.

February 28, 2012 at 10:11 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

Is this the same alpro that recently proclaimed what a good christian he was?

February 28, 2012 at 10:17 p.m.
fairmon said...

Brain washed?...It is pretty easy to tell which printed news a person reads and which electronic sources they access most often. They tend to look to re-enforce what they prefer to believe. The easy route is to let someone else mold your beliefs and thinking. Once locked in (brain washed) then look for roll models and information that agrees with and support those beliefs while ridiculing anything or anyone that disagrees.

Don't dare take the challenge of reading and trying to understand the constitution. Don't dare to consider the fact that Ron Paul uses the constitution as the basis for his beliefs and his votes in congress. Don't study what he says it may be too challenging if it is not what you want to hear and when you can't find anything other than your opinion to refute his agenda. The media and other candidates in both parties ignore and fear him. He has limited funding compared to all others but he is persistent and consistent.

February 28, 2012 at 10:42 p.m.

Don't worry TQ, Santorum lost in Michigan(or so everybody says), so hopefully you don't have to add another member to the list and strain your memories.

But yes, radicals of all stripes are dangerous. Though perhaps not as dangerous as the subtler manipulators, because the radicals tend to sputter out sooner. Christian, Communist, Islamic, Hindu, Buddhist, Secular, Fascist, Democratic, Republicans...btw, did you know that the Khmer Rouge claimed to be a Democracy as well?

Maybe they made the same mistake zealots have for centuries, if not millennia. They got the lessons they wanted out of their education.

harp3339, did you know that one of the techniques of brainwashing and propaganda is to tell people that they're being fed lies, but that the truth is available, and you can offer it to them...if only they listen to what you have to say.

Not to mention persistent repetition and pretending to be oppressed.

After all, the TRUTH must be something THEY would want to keep hidden.

I'm sure you'll think that's just opinion, but then, you haven't noticed what Ron Paul says is often just opinion. Or your own conspiratorial suspicions.

February 28, 2012 at 11:02 p.m.
alprova said...

harp3339 wrote: "alprova said..."

What did I say?

"this the same alpro that recently proclaimed what a good christian he was?"

Try to concentrate for just a minute. I am indeed a Christian, but what I am not is a religious fanatic. My world does not revolve around religion. I am quite adept at separating my religious beliefs from the reality of life.

There are many people who believe that religion must dominate their every waking moment. They feel that every decision that they make in life must revolve around their religious beliefs. Even more people feel that their religion is not just applicable to their life. They are never content to simply mind their own business and believe what they do. No, they must infuse their beliefs into everyone's life that they come in contact with, whether that infusion is welcome or not.

That kind of person is a religious zealot. Most of these people do not think they are zealots at all. They think they are doing God's work. They think God commands them to do it.

February 28, 2012 at 11:07 p.m.
alprova said...

tu_quoque wrote: "No … No point … I was just passing by and I though I would document the fact that you are a B.S. Artist."

Well, you need to go back and start drawing in your coloring book, you Rosie O'Donnell wannabe. You haven't documented a thing, other than that you are the most miserable human beings to ever grace this forum.

You're sole contribution in here is to attack other people, exposing why it is that you have no one in your life. Your life is pecking on a computer, to see what it is that you can stir up on a daily basis.

That makes you a common internet troll. You document that fact every time you post a comment in this forum.

February 28, 2012 at 11:18 p.m.
blackwater48 said...

AS IF MORE PROOF WERE NEEDED

Al told TQ, You're sole contribution in here is to attack other people, exposing why it is that you have no one in your life. Your life is pecking on a computer, to see what it is that you can stir up on a daily basis. That makes you a common internet troll. You document that fact every time you post a comment in this forum.

And right on cue, TQ posts two more of her trolling jabs for no apparent reason. So testy. Is it your time of the month again? Glad you're keeping the aspirin between your knees.

But don't stop tap dancing. That's good. Funny is good.

February 29, 2012 at 12:12 a.m.
samplegirl said...

How dare Obama want to educate people........who will fight all the wars the republicons have yet to start? Like any of Santorum's 7 kids will be plumbers.

February 29, 2012 at 2 a.m.
potcat said...

limric said in his 8;38pm post last night that he would indulge in a liberal pastime; reading, about guns....

Man have i got the book for you, RIN TIN TIN-THE LIFE = AND THE= LEGEND, by SUSAN ORLEAN.

A German Shepard pup discovered by Corporal Lee Davis in a 1918 World War 1 battlefield. Its about the Man "Lee Davis" and the worst of war, the Countries and Human devastation, mustard Gas, horrible, but has love,loss, win, loss and sadness but had great moments of happy. It was such a well written and researched book, it took you there. Lee kept a Journal which really brought it to life.

Nothing makes me happier than a great book, and i like to turn others on to it also, if you so happen to have missed it, give yourself a weekend of reading.

We are talking Movie Star! Its one of the best books, i loved it.

February 29, 2012 at 6:26 a.m.
MTJohn said...

TQ - in the part of the world where I live, we understand that you don't bring a knife to a gun fight. You apparently think you know that, too. I have to say, you are packing a very nice water pistol.

February 29, 2012 at 6:41 a.m.
fairmon said...

davisss13 said to conservative...

Sure, they tapped the rage of the stimulus and co-opted the Ron Paul tea party protesters.

I don't think you will find members of the tea movement supporting Ron Paul. They only want to use the constitution when it agrees with their agenda. His social and foreign policy positions doesn't suit them.

February 29, 2012 at 6:50 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

There are many people who believe that religion must dominate their every waking moment. They feel that every decision that they make in life must revolve around their religious beliefs. Even more people feel that their religion is not just applicable to their life. They are never content to simply mind their own business and believe what they do. No, they must infuse their beliefs into everyone's life that they come in contact with, whether that infusion is welcome or not.

That kind of person is a religious zealot. Most of these people do not think they are zealots at all. They think they are doing God's work. They think God commands them to do it.

Well said, I agree.

February 29, 2012 at 6:54 a.m.
librul said...

Santorum lost Mackinac County, MI by one vote.

Rmoney got 667 votes.

You do the math - then cue the Church Lady in 3...2...1.

February 29, 2012 at 7:08 a.m.
fairmon said...

hwtnb said...

I'm sure you'll think that's just opinion, but then, you haven't noticed what Ron Paul says is often just opinion.

His comments are based on a literal view of the constitution. If someone doesn't think it is a sound document and prefers to modify it to fit their agenda then they will avoid reviewing his position on issues and his preference for the principles therein.

hwtnb said.... harp3339, did you know that one of the techniques of brainwashing and propaganda is to tell people that they're being fed lies, but that the truth is available, and you can offer it to them...if only they listen to what you have to say.

I am not sure it is brain washing but personal attacks of the other party and fear is a technique both parties are using to manipulate people. People tend to make emotional decisions instead of well thought out conclusions.

I don't like Santorum's position on many issues but people like mountainlaurels concern about his eyes being too close together and other concerns about his demeanor or appearance has nothing to do with my not liking him.

February 29, 2012 at 7:20 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

limric said... "Shall we begin?"

What is your point limric?

Are you suggesting that conservatives see no role for government? If so, you have a dysfunctionally oversimplified understanding of conservatism.

February 29, 2012 at 8:03 a.m.
miraweb said...

No, of course not, silly. - The conservatives see no role for paying for government. That's what the fairies and leprechauns (and deficits!) are for!

February 29, 2012 at 8:54 a.m.
alprova said...

tu_quoque wrote: "It appears I have once again hurt your feelings and as always I am truly sorry that you are so thin skin that we can see you have no intestinal fortitude."

My skin is an inch thick. You overestimate as usual your ability to inflict damage on any opponent you take on.

"Strong women, you can’t live with them, you can’t kill them … Who will deliver poor BackWaters and AlBaby from this fate worst than death."

You're not a strong woman. You're merely a mean and nasty woman. You contribute nothing to any conversation that you insert yourself into.

Perhaps one day you'll wake up to that well documented fact, attempt to change that character flaw, and learn how to disagree with respect towards others.

February 29, 2012 at 9:11 a.m.
rogerdodger said...

It would be a much more fitting drawing if it was Bennett saying. Clay Bennett is brainwashing you!Clay Bennett is brainwashing you! Clay Bennett is brainwashing you!Clay Bennett is brainwashing you! Clay Bennett is brainwashing you!Clay Bennett is brainwashing you!

February 29, 2012 at 9:18 a.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Harp3339 said: "I don't like Santorum's position on many issues but people like mountainlaurels concern about his eyes being too close together and other concerns about his demeanor or appearance has nothing to do with my not liking him."

For heaven’s sake, Harp3339. I was only urging BigRidgePatriot to look deeply into Rick Santorum wild eyes and closely set eyes so that he could see the two faces and four eyes of Rick Santorum. Have you tried it, Harp3339? I double dare you to do it.

If you get close enough, you’re going see the two faces of Rick Santorum – the Good Litte Ricky AND the Bad Little Ricky. The problem is the Bad Little Rick is very, very, very bad. He has a seething hatred for just about everybody and everything, Harp3339.

You name it and the Bad Little Ricky hates it - women, environmentalists, Protestants, gays, JFK, U.S. Bill of Rights, separation of church and state, contraception. The Bad Little Ricky even hates Libertarians, Harp3339. Can you believe it?

February 29, 2012 at 9:29 a.m.
davisss13 said...

"harp3339 said... I don't think you will find members of the tea movement supporting Ron Paul. They only want to use the constitution when it agrees with their agenda. His social and foreign policy positions doesn't suit them."

I knew some of the original Ron Paul protesters. The teabaggers of today for the most part are not the same people. When was the last time you heard them say the Patriot act must be repealed? The drug war must end? US troops must be removed from foreign soil? The GOP stole their movement and fundamentally changed their priorities to reflect those of the GOP.

Now most of the baggers are raging Obama haters, culture war evangelicals or Grover Norquist acolytes.

February 29, 2012 at 9:34 a.m.

harp3339: No, not everything he says is entirely based on a literal view of the Constitution, he has other reasoning as well. He may justify it on what he believes to be a literal view of the Constitution, but then literalists rarely get far with me anyway, as they're arguing for some kind of sacred worship for what somebody wrote and meant hundreds of years ago, the clarity of which may be ambiguous. I much prefer people who can stand on their own words and reasoning.

And yes, the Constitution IS a flawed document, even the people who originally wrote it agreed on that, that's why they rewrote it while living. The principles are what is important, and some of them are not clearly or firmly expressed enough. Which is why we have people like TQ believing they can trash the whole thing and it'll be fine and dandy.

As for the other, you're thinking of mud-slinging and negative reinforcement. But that's around on all sides, so if you want to address that, you're going to have to come up with something more substantial than a clearly facetious statement. Mountainlaurel HAS offered more commentary on Santorum, the eyes is just a metaphor to seeing who he is. Petty complaints like that are just as bad as what you believe you are complaining about.

February 29, 2012 at 10:26 a.m.
Drake said...

Good grief! You have got to be kidding me. Not only do I have first hand experience with liberalism jammed down students throats, so do my kids. Ms. Mountainlaurel, that's horse manure and you know it. Laughable. Just laughable.

What I'd like to know is how in the heck do so many of you on here have time to post so much? It's as if many of you leftists have to respond asap to anything a non- lefists posts. Do think if you don't Obama will be hurt by it? Wierd.

February 29, 2012 at 12:26 p.m.
hambone said...

Newt Gingrich says he has a plan to get gasoline down to $2.50 a gallon.

You can't buy my vote that cheap Newt!

I am waiting for the candidate that can get it down to $.75 a gallon!!

February 29, 2012 at 12:37 p.m.

Drake: Give us a story of that experience. Note, I am not asking for verification, just for you to relate exactly what happened.

Or do you think none of us has first-hand experience with conservative being jammed down our throats? This whole board is full of it.

February 29, 2012 at 12:44 p.m.
rogerdodger said...

acerigger said..Americans have seen,once again,what the right has to offer,JACK-SH*T!

Hey ACE let me ask you a question about this president you and so many others on here seem to love. How can anyone in America support someone that tells the men & women of the military (you know the people who defend or have gave their lives in support for this country)that illegal immigrants are more important than them? The Obama care provides "FREE" medical care for children of illegal immigrants and yet he is cutting the medical benefits of all active duty and retired veterans, not to mention the fact he is also cutting benefits to families whose spouse "GAVE THEIR LIFE" for this country. Well if that is all you have to offer then NO THANKS!!!

February 29, 2012 at 12:59 p.m.
ibshame said...

"hambone said... Newt Gingrich says he has a plan to get gasoline down to $2.50 a gallon.

You can't buy my vote that cheap Newt!

I am waiting for the candidate that can get it down to $.75 a gallon!!"

Everytime I see Newt "Moonwalker" Gingrich telling his crowds he has a plan to get gasoline down to $2.50 a gallon I have flashbacks of Richard M. Nixon in 1968 telling his crowds he had a "Secret Plan" to end the Viet Nam War. I remember well how his "secret plan" was carried out and what it involved - The relentless bombing and invasion of Cambodia. Yeah, we got out of Viet Nam alright but it was nothing like the way we thought it would end.
Right at this very moment there are speculators on Wall Street who are up to the same old tricks they used to drive the Housing Market into the bubble it became before it finally burst. They are pushing the price of gasoline ever higher with each speculative trade they make. So if Newt has a plan, hopefully it will start with regulating the speculators on Wall Street they are up to their same old tricks once again.

February 29, 2012 at 1:05 p.m.
News_Junkie said...

"Santorum, by contrast, seems comfortable only with ordinary guys, provided “ordinary” is defined as white, working-class, traditional, patriarchal, borderline theocratic and seething with resentment at everyone except the rich."


"Santorum’s message may get Rush Limbaugh listeners to the polls, but it is a disaster in upscale Republican and independent suburbs. "

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-ill-at-ease-with-the-world-around-them/2012/02/28/gIQAlczIgR_story.html?wpisrc=nl_headlines

February 29, 2012 at 2:36 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

RogerDodger said: “The Obama care provides "FREE" medical care for children of illegal immigrants and yet he is cutting the medical benefits of all active duty and retired veterans, not to mention the fact he is also cutting benefits to families whose spouse "GAVE THEIR LIFE" for this country. Well if that is all you have to offer then NO THANKS!!!”

I think you’re being less than straightforward in your statement, RodgerDodger. You must have been talking to a Republican - maybe Rick Santorum? Obama’s proposed 2012 budget increases the Veterans Affair Budget. It provides additional health care services for wounded soldiers; provides additional mental health services for veterans suffering from traumatic brain injuries and post-traumatic stress disorders; new benefits for veterans’ caregivers; and invests almost $1 Billion in VA services for homeless veterans and veterans at risk.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BUDGET-2012-BUD/pdf/BUDGET-2012-BUD-20.pdf

February 29, 2012 at 2:39 p.m.
rogerdodger said...

Mtnl. that was the proposed budget before he said he would cut a trillion dollars from the defense budget. But I like the way you never disputed the facts of the immigrants that is sure convenient. Seems to be the way most people do when it concerns him. But you can read if you like http://freebeacon.com/trashing-tricare

February 29, 2012 at 3:20 p.m.
fairmon said...

hwtnb said....

1-Mountainlaurel HAS offered more commentary on Santorum, the eyes is just a metaphor to seeing who he is. Petty complaints like that are just as bad as 3-what you believe you are complaining about.

2-And yes, the Constitution IS a flawed document, even the people who originally wrote it agreed on that, that's why they rewrote it while living. The principles are what is important, and some of them are not clearly or firmly expressed enough

1-I agree she (ml) is very opinionated and seeks out articles and news to support them. You have to give her that. I think she is a bleeding heart that thinks a central do all for all government is good.

2- A common response from those that don't agree with the implications of some parts or principles of the constitution. The purpose of amendments and court rulings (preferably the supreme court) is to amend flaws or clarify those principles some consider not clearly expressed. If you don't know where you are going and have no map any road will take you there.

3-I may have opinions you don't like but the primary complaint I have is rewarding people for having kids, for buying a house, for filing a joint tax return, loaning money to governments, providing discounts for government managed health care thus transferring the cost to those like me that are not in those categories. The list is long and there is no justification for this hypocritical discrimination. Why are taxes not higher for those having kids? They require more services and support which is added cost. If you can't afford the cost of a kid then utilize the free birth control or abortion and don't add to the population growth.

Manipulation by a government over loaded with lawyers does not mean it will be or is managed well. In my opinion it is being poorly managed and a major cause of high unemployment. The republicans are not offering any truly effective corrections.

February 29, 2012 at 3:25 p.m.
hambone said...

Note to rogerdodger,

These right-wing-nut talking points you post are like the letters you get telling you you've won the NIGERIAN LOTTERY.

" If it sounds too good to be true, IT IS"

February 29, 2012 at 3:39 p.m.

Harp, from your use of numbers, are you referring to bits of my post? That doesn't speak well for clarity, as if that 3 refers to my last sentence, then you didn't even understand what I meant by that last sentence, but went off in a completely different direction, and I even recall rewriting it for clarity. But you came nowhere close to what I said. What mountain laurel said and how you took it to be a superficial value judgement on appearance are two different things,and not at all related to what you said. So I won't reply to you on that.

And I have no reason to accept your belief about what mountainlaurel wants in a government as I have seen you ascribe that same thing to others, including myself. I understand you fear that, but that we disagree with you does not mean we support it in the way you believe. I wish I could believe that we were as mistaken about Santorum add I believe you to have been about us, but I am doubtful of that.

As for your story about a path, let me give you another interpretation. Of the person who so focuses on staying on the path, never diverging, and going only one place that they miss all the meandering through other trails, or the opportunities of another destination.

Focus and distraction, either can be perilous or prosperity.

February 29, 2012 at 4:04 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Tu_quo_que said: "Has anyone heard from Limpdic since last night. I'm very worried that he may have done something stupid . . . A North Carolina man is dead after police say he accidentally drank from a jar of gasoline and then smoked a cigarette."

I’m fully confident it wasn’t Limric. There is no way that someone with such a lively mind and sharp wit would ever do something so silly and mindless. No, I bet Limric is busy doing a little research on his new book the Aylatollah of the United States Cathoic Taliban or maybe he’s trying to analyse how the collective cheese belonging to a good chunk of America was able to slide so far off their cracker. I'm sure Limric will be back on line soon to give us an update.

February 29, 2012 at 4:14 p.m.

Ok I see where Nooga, hambone & mountainlaurel have jumped on Rog for what was said. While the military medical coverage is confusing because there are several reductions in some areas but increases in others on the table nothing has been finalized. That will have to wait on a balanced budget and who knows when or if that will happen. What I do find really interesting is not one of you however disputed the point about free medical coverage to illegal immigrants. Did you just over look that or just to ashamed of the fact it is true?

February 29, 2012 at 4:20 p.m.

That's already been refuted:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/jul/30/chain-email/no-free-health-care-illegal-immigrants-health-bill/

But if you want to know what's probably going on, here's my reading:

There's some program that is about providing health care to children, children being unable to make provision for themselves for some reason. (Maybe we should let them be janitors like Newt Gingrich opined). But that program, like others, doesn't allow for asking for immigration status.

This is nothing new. It's standard policy.

It's a matter of law, hospitals and doctors are not allowed to deny medical care if you can't pay in advance. Letting that kind of discrimination in will eventually result in somebody dying from such a refusal, somebody who could have paid, who you can't condemn for any particular reason, and that will mean that the people involved will be guilty of a homicide. They do not want that. It is a risk to them. So they will treat everybody to the best of their capacity and settle it later. But they don't want to be left on the hook for that, so what to do, what to do? Well, somebody probably convinced the government that covering the costs, at least somewhat, which the various health care providers can't recover, is a better result than the alternative.

Describing it as "free medical care for the children of illegal immigrants" is not at all accurate.

February 29, 2012 at 4:49 p.m.
fairmon said...

hwtnb said....

I wish I could believe that we were as mistaken about Santorum add I believe you to have been about us, but I am doubtful of that.

I doubt you have him wrong or did you mean you are doubtful about my being wrong about us? He is a lose cannon and as extreme as Obama in some respects, even though they have different agendas. I am beginning to think the best results may be to keep the status qua, essentially grid lock, which means they can do little harm and may react to a legitimate crisis. A crisis that may affect them personally appears to be the only way either party will yield.

I don't blame you or anyone for not trying to justify the discrimination noted in my complaints. Anyone attempting to do so has to resort to their personal or religious views, not the constitution or other legal justification. It is another example of allowing a majority to discriminate against a minority with the minority helpless to oppose it.

February 29, 2012 at 4:50 p.m.

I meant none of the above harp. None of the above.

Apologies for the typo, that "add" should be another "as" but I don't see how you can get to where you went with your understanding. You're nowhere close to what I said.

And no, your speculation is incorrect, I just didn't want to broaden the discussion with you by getting into other matters, when I was still concerned about correcting your misunderstanding. Did I at least accomplish that?

Or do I have to still worry about that, and now another one?

February 29, 2012 at 5:01 p.m.
fairmon said...

hwtnb said...As for your story about a path, let me give you another interpretation. Of the person who so focuses on staying on the path, never diverging, and going only one place that they miss all the meandering through other trails, or the opportunities of another destination.

I agree and do that when traveling alone which is fine if you are the only one at risk of stepping off a cliff or in a hole one can't escape. It is not OK if you are a paid guide to keep others on the right trail according to an agreed upon map even if they want to take what appears an easier path but full of unseen perils. The leaders job is to know the map by heart and not deviate from it.

February 29, 2012 at 5:02 p.m.

Except when that paid guide follows the same path, right across a bridge that has washed out. Sometimes those unseen perils are on the path you want to take, which is often presented as the easier one.

Leaders who can't react to changing situations, who can't realize that maybe, just maybe, there's another place to go, well, no, I can't concur with that either.

That said, telling people where you're going now would be appropriate to ask for, a false assurance, that I can agree is a problem.

But a dogmatic insistence on going on one path? Regardless?

No thank you. Especially when they're not actually following a clearly marked path, but relying on crude orienteering.

February 29, 2012 at 5:06 p.m.
alprova said...

RodgerDodger wrote: "Mtnl. that was the proposed budget before he said he would cut a trillion dollars from the defense budget."

Your statement is patently false. The headline on the article you linked to, which went viral by the way, is extremely misleading as well.

At no time has President Obama personally stated that he is proposing a cut of a trillion dollars from the defense budget.

The Pentagon, as part of a push to cut $487 billion over the next ten years from its budget, has proposed that active military pay more for TriCare coverage.

The Pentagon is also facing automatic defense spending cuts that push the total cuts in the defense budget to $1 trillion over the same ten year period.

Given that the wars in the middle east are winding down, cuts in defense spending are absolutely called for.

Here: Read a more accurate outline of what is going on;

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/13/us-usa-budget-pentagon-idUSTRE81A0IF20120213

http://www.whitehouse.gov/fact-sheet-victory-bipartisan-compromise-economy-american-people

February 29, 2012 at 5:08 p.m.
fairmon said...

hwtnb...If you are suggesting Santorum is not a good candidate for obvious reasons then we agree. If you are a Santorum supporter no need trying to persuade me that his elevator goes to the top. I don't doubt he is a good person and well intentioned the same as I view Obama but in my opinion, right or wrong, neither is what I view as presidential material. I don't think Ron Paul is presidential either but I do like his philosophy and beliefs about how government should function. He doesn't have the charisma or leadership skills to bring about change in government.

February 29, 2012 at 5:16 p.m.
alprova said...

lovetheusaorleave wrote: "What I do find really interesting is not one of you however disputed the point about free medical coverage to illegal immigrants. Did you just over look that or just to ashamed of the fact it is true?"

That oft-repeated point has been successfully debunked time and time again. It's pointless to address it for the umpteenth time, because there are people who still believe it.

But I will anyway.

Just as is the case for any other human being, illegal immigrants will not be denied emergency medical care to return them to a stable condition in an emergency room, but the Government is not providing payment for free health care to any illegal immigrant, unless such payment is obtained fraudulently.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/jul/30/chain-email/no-free-health-care-illegal-immigrants-health-bill/

February 29, 2012 at 5:20 p.m.

harp, the only support I have for Santorum is that he is showing the true face of what he believes for what it is. However, what I said above, was that I wish it weren't so, that I wish we were as mistaken about him as I believe you to be about us.

Just in case, you didn't get it, that's considerably mistaken.

But what about the other misunderstanding?

February 29, 2012 at 5:25 p.m.
jjmez said...

"Santorum Reaching Out To Women After Big Loss"

Old trickydic sani-flush seems to be trying to backtrack and reach out to women since sticking his foot so deep into his mouth that it's protruding from his arse. UPDATES:

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - Although when he walked on the stage the race here had yet to be called for Mitt Romney, Rick Santorumgave an address that seemed to focus on some of the mistakes he has made over the past week.

Santorum mentioned his 93-year-old mother, something he hasn't in previous speeches, and he told the audience in what seemed to be a pitch to female voters who might feel put off by some of his previous comments about women in the workplace

"The men and women who signed that declaration wrote the final phrase, 'We pledge to each other our lives, our fortune, and our sacred honor," Santorum said.

HINT: "There were no women who signed the Declaration of Independence."

Update: "WASHINGTON — Mitt Romney scored a hard-won, home state triumph in Michigan and powered to victory in Arizona Tuesday night, gaining a two-state primary sweep over Rick Santorum and precious momentum in the most turbulent Republican presidential race in a generation."

According to:PFTAW__GOP OFF THE "DEEP" IN?:

"Fighting contraception. Stopping domestic violence protections. Extending tax cuts for the wealthy, while hiking taxes on the middle class. Welcoming white supremacists to a conference, but banning gay conservatives. The GOP has followed its extremist fringe off the deep end, leaving the rest of us back in the reality-based world befuddled. Their strategists warned them not to do this, but it appears that to the GOP, radical fringe issue positions are like catnip. In last night's Republican presidential debate in Arizona, the candidates even spent several minutes discussing which of them is least in favor of allowing rape victims to have access to emergency contraception."

"Perhaps Bruce Bartlett, who was an economic policy official under Presidents Reagan and George H.W. Bush, said it best on last night's Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Discussing the obstacles to getting smart policies agreed upon and passed in government, he said, "the problem is purely political ... frankly, one of our political parties is insane, and we all know which one it is." (Hint: he was not talking about the Democrats.)**"

February 29, 2012 at 5:30 p.m.
fairmon said...

hwtnb said... somebody probably convinced the government that covering the costs, at least somewhat, which the various health care providers can't recover, is a better result than the alternative. Describing it as "free medical care for the children of illegal immigrants" is not at all accurate

I do not advocate witholding treatment to those that cannot pay and certainly many cannot pay the extremely inflated cost due to the negotiated rates by medicare, HMOs and PPOs. However, if the recepient doesn't pay then it is indeed free to them. We all know nothing is free. The government cannot pay without taking it from someone else, it is misleading to suggest the government pays for anything. A shop lifter gets something for nothing but the prices reflect the 3-5% required for the merchant to recover the loss. The same is true for fraudalently obtained gains. It is true with illegal gains and unreported income. Someone has to make up for the loss.

February 29, 2012 at 5:40 p.m.

harp: Misleading? Isn't it also misleading to act as if this law is providing "free medical care to illegal immigrants" through some explicit provision of such?

But hey, speaking of loss, there's a loss from not treating people for medical conditions in such circumstances as well. That's a cost we would have to pay too. It's not conveniently boiled down to dollars and cents, but it's one that will strike quite expensively to some people.

Which in turn will eventually snowball out to the rest of us. That is something society tries to mitigate, for good reason.

If you object to the few cents it might cost you out of the whole, give me back the same cents that go to programs you support but I don't.

February 29, 2012 at 6:35 p.m.
rogerdodger said...

Oh look All Knowing AL has graced me with a remark and once again proven he has no actual knowledge of the facts. Al I have looked back at your many fascinating post and comments and noticed the one where you actually did show some real true knowledge of was the one concerning gay marriages. That really explained a lot about your posts. I also remember seeing where you thought paying for medical benefits for people that served this country in the military for over 20 years was a waste of money. Guess you are like many others including your beloved leader and were to much of a coward to serve. There have been countless times you have tried to put your insane rhetoric in conversations and shown how little you actually know while your opinion of yourself grows higher and higher with each key stroke. I do have a challenge for you though. Since you think of yourself of having great knowledge of political facts and government policies not to mention your so called wonderful success at being a business owner. With those traits you should run for office. There just happens to be several in the Chattanooga area opening up so why don't you put your money where your mouth is a run for one of those offices. In other words put or shut up because everyone on here knows you are full of BS.

February 29, 2012 at 6:53 p.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Lovethesorleave said: What I do find really interesting is not one of you however disputed the point about free medical coverage to illegal immigrants. Did you just over look that or just to ashamed of the fact it is true?

Sometimes the best way to unsettle a hate peddler like RogerDodger is to just ignore him. Especially one that is lying and trying to play medical coverage for U.S. soldiers against alleged “free” medical coverage for Illegal immigrants. It’s about as low as one can go, and it’s his kind that can make one feel ashamed of even being a member of the human race.

Alabama is full of hate peddlers like RogerDodger and look what it’s doing to their State. I’ve read the damage from the Alabama’s new extremist immigration law is going to cost the State about 100,000 jobs and billions in GDP losses - and then there are the human costs. The Southern Poverty Law Center reports that the situation is so bad in Alabama these days that it harkens back to the bleakest days of Alabama’s racial history:

“The stories illustrate the devastating impact HB 56 has had on Alabama Latinos, regardless of their immigration status. The stories also illustrate that HB 56 has unleashed a kind of vigilantism, leading some Alabamians to believe they can cheat, harass and intimidate Latinos with impunity. “

“These consequences were easily foreseeable. The law was forged within a legislative debate rife with stereotypes, misinformation, incendiary rhetoric and bigotry. The Senate sponsor told colleagues they needed to “empty the clip” to deal with immigrants.”

“When legislators supporting HB 56 can’t distinguish between ethnicity and immigration status, it should be no surprise the law brings the chaos and confusion described in the following pages. As the Latinos whose stories are told here can attest, HB 56 has been a dangerous, failed experiment—a humanitarian disaster.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/02/28/433529/alabama-immigration-law-injustice/

February 29, 2012 at 6:57 p.m.

roger, you're spending a lot of effort to try to bash somebody, in order to disguise how wrong you are.

But all you're showing is that everything you say about others is applicable to yourself.

February 29, 2012 at 6:58 p.m.
acerigger said...

FACTS are awesome things,huh? they can sure get in the way of a formed opinion.

But then,the truth is known to have a liberal bias.

February 29, 2012 at 8:52 p.m.
fairmon said...

If you object to the few cents it might cost you out of the whole, give me back the same cents that go to programs you support but I don't.

I don't think you can find where I objected to the cost of providing health care to those that can't afford it. I do object to the entire government managed health care process but will accept that over denying good care. The fact is the cost of any federal welfare program, other than medicare, is deminimis but increasing for each of us. In total the cost, due to the number of programs that shifts the cost to others results in the cost being significant.
The federal welfare programs I would support are so few you could not measure the cost.

February 29, 2012 at 9:59 p.m.
alprova said...

Roger Dodger wrote: "Oh look All Knowing AL has graced me with a remark and once again proven he has no actual knowledge of the facts."

Really?

"Al I have looked back at your many fascinating post and comments and noticed the one where you actually did show some real true knowledge of was the one concerning gay marriages. That really explained a lot about your posts."

Do tell...

"I also remember seeing where you thought paying for medical benefits for people that served this country in the military for over 20 years was a waste of money."

Now you're lying. I never wrote anything close to that. Of course, you're free to do the digging and to link to the post where you feel I stated anything like that.

"Guess you are like many others including your beloved leader and were to much of a coward to serve."

Here's a newsflash for you. Military service is an option in this country and not a requirement. There have also been times over the years when they weren't hiring. At the time I graduated school, they weren't hiring. So I entered a school of higher learning.

"There have been countless times you have tried to put your insane rhetoric in conversations and shown how little you actually know while your opinion of yourself grows higher and higher with each key stroke."

Your opinion is noted for the record.

"I do have a challenge for you though. Since you think of yourself of having great knowledge of political facts and government policies not to mention your so called wonderful success at being a business owner. With those traits you should run for office."

Sorry...not interested.

"There just happens to be several in the Chattanooga area opening up so why don't you put your money where your mouth is a run for one of those offices."

Because I'm not interested in running for political office.

"In other words put or shut up because everyone on here knows you are full of BS."

Really...everyone? Is that all you have to say? I thought you were going to prove me wrong in my correction of your previous post. You did say I had the facts wrong, did you not? Did you just forget to offer proof that I am wrong?

Or are you like half the other people who frequent this forum, and who completely ignore facts and the truth when it is offered and continue blathering misrepresentations of the truth, while offering personal attacks as if that was evidence that you have the facts right?

Sheesh...

February 29, 2012 at 10:06 p.m.

Harp, who said anything about limiting it to federal welfare programs?

I didn't. I put the whole budget on the table. You pay me back what I don't want, and you can get back what you don't want.

But I still believe you're not thinking of the other costs that would go up without the spending. Or the level of benefits. People don't see those, they just see their taxes and gripe about them. Nothing new in that. It's the second oldest complaint on the books.

February 29, 2012 at 10:09 p.m.
rogerdodger said...

acerigger said..FACTS are awesome things,huh? they can sure get in the way of a formed opinion.But then,the un-truth is known to have a liberal bias. The statement I gave about cutting military medical care is 100% accurate along with free insurance for illegal immigrants. Maybe is someone of you would get your head out of your butts you would see it. It is everywhere on the net just look but by doing so would admit your precious leader is a fraud.

February 29, 2012 at 11:25 p.m.
acerigger said...

got a link,rog?

February 29, 2012 at 11:29 p.m.
alprova said...

Rogerdodger wrote: "The statement I gave about cutting military medical care is 100% accurate along with free insurance for illegal immigrants."

Your statement that Obama stated publicly that he intended on cutting benefits to military families was absolutely false. Congress passed the legislation that triggered those deep cuts on the Pentagon totaling $1 trillion over ten years. The failure of the "Super Committee" to agree on a budget plan assured those cuts will go forward. Leon Panetta testified yesterday to those facts in front of a Senate review of the 2013 budget.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/28/panetta-nutty-formula-to-cut-defense-spending-is-too-devastating-to-even-plan/?test=latestnews

"Maybe is someone of you would get your head out of your butts you would see it."

Sorry, but the facts are not on your side. Perhaps it is you that needs to pull your head from your nether region.

"It is everywhere on the net just look but by doing so would admit your precious leader is a fraud."

The "news" release you pointed to was full of falsehoods. It was horribly misleading. You need to diversify the sources from which you obtain your information to arrive at the truth.

Your assertion that illegals get free health care is also patently false and that false assertion is more than three years old now. It has been satisfactorily debunked every time it is uttered by someone. Clearly, you failed to read the link to proof provided to you by no less than two people earlier today.

You are quite free to remain as ignorant as you choose, and you have lots of company, but please be advised that you'll never be correct, no matter how many times you stick to your stories.

February 29, 2012 at 11:54 p.m.
alprova said...

tu_quoque wrote: "Facts with a liberal bias are those that are faked but claimed to be accurate and the Libtard loons have the forged documents to prove it."

You really need to fact check a subject before you weigh in to attack people. You're looking rather foolish, as usual.

The deep defense spending cuts were put in place by the Republicans, and not President Obama, and your claim of forged documents is without an iota of proof whatsoever.

March 1, 2012 at 12:02 a.m.
acerigger said...

I'm Still chuckling over the winning Spelling Bee word being "quibble"! Seems so apt 'round here at times. lol!

March 1, 2012 at 12:21 a.m.
alprova said...

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/45886847#45886847

The above is the press release regarding the proposed defense cuts. Included in that release, at around 13 minutes, is Leon Panetta clearly enunciating the fact that Congress passed the legislation calling for those deep defense spending cuts.

Blaming the President for defense spending cuts is without any factual basis whatsoever.

In fact, the President has repeatedly offered a compromise to allow an easing of defense spending cuts to the Republicans, which to date, they refuse to consider.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/02/white-house-to-gop-only-one-way-around-defense-cuts----and-youre-not-gonna-like-it.php

March 1, 2012 at 12:44 a.m.
rogerdodger said...

LOL Ace the fool learned a new word from a 5th grader and must repeat it several hundred times. I suppose with it only having 6 letters though, that it is one you wont have to copy & paste.

All knowing Al Obama did say he was cutting the defense budget & when Panetta was 1st asked he stated "it would be disastrous".

March 1, 2012 at 1:58 a.m.
alprova said...

rogerdodger wrote: "All knowing Al Obama did say he was cutting the defense budget & when Panetta was 1st asked he stated "it would be disastrous"."

You keep changing your argument, which you think is mighty convenient for you. Try again.

Obama never stated that he was going to be cutting $1 trillion from the military budget...period, as you specifically and categorically claimed earlier. That statement, typewritten by your own fingers, is absolutely false and you need to admit it.

Panetta's statement that defense budget cuts "would be disastrous" was uttered way back in November, 2011, when the Super Committee's failure to agree on sensible budget cuts triggered sequestration, or automatic budget cuts of an additional half-billion dollars. In no manner was his statement associated with the cuts outlined in the budget recently sent to Congress by the President.

I also remind you that at no time has Leon Panetta ever denounced the budget cuts the President has proposed as part of the 2013 budget. He's always been on board with those.

He blames Congress for passing the sequestration legislation that automatically imposed the additional $500 billion in defense budget cuts, in the event that the Super Committee failed to reach an agreement on budget cuts, which as we all know, they did fail to do. He also blames the Super Committee for not doing their jobs last year, and thus not preventing the additional $500 billion in sequestration cuts now poised to go into effect.

March 1, 2012 at 2:50 a.m.
alprova said...

tu_quoque wrote: "AlBaby you really need to work on your comprehension deficiency. I in no way addressed any Defense Department budgeting but rather I was referring to Ace’s inane use of the stupid and threadbare Libtard phrase about facts and bias."

Are you remotely aware of how many times, when faced with something you write, that you revert to deflecting the issue by claiming that you in no manner were addressing the subject matter that you weighed in on?

That excuse is really getting boring and it's wearing very thin.

"Catch a clue !!! Check out Dan Rather for the forged documents … O.K. ??"

Is that what you were referring to? Good grief. I'm not about to debate that one with you, except to state that Dan Rather was not the source of those documents.

The source of those documents was Lt. Col. Bill Burkett, a former officer in the Texas Army National Guard, who provided them to CBS News producer Mary Mapes, who was fired for not authenticating the documents before providing them to Dan Rather who aired them on the program "60 Minutes."

You have no idea, nor could you begin to prove the political affiliation of any of the people involved in that incident.

You ASSume way too much.

March 1, 2012 at 3:11 a.m.
acerigger said...

tu troll,my post,"FACTS are awesome things,huh? they can sure get in the way of a formed opinion. But then,the truth is known to have a liberal bias." was in regard to"rogerdodger said..

"Hey ACE let me ask you a question about this president you and so many others on here seem to love. How can anyone in America support someone that tells the men & women of the military (you know the people who defend or have gave their lives in support for this country)that illegal immigrants are more important than them? The Obama care provides "FREE" medical care for children of illegal immigrants and yet he is cutting the medical benefits of all active duty and retired veterans, not to mention the fact he is also cutting benefits to families whose spouse "GAVE THEIR LIFE" for this country. Well if that is all you have to offer then NO THANKS!!!"

AND,,,,,

lovetheusaorleave said...

"Ok I see where Nooga, hambone & mountainlaurel have jumped on Rog for what was said. While the military medical coverage is confusing because there are several reductions in some areas but increases in others on the table nothing has been finalized. That will have to wait on a balanced budget and who knows when or if that will happen. What I do find really interesting is not one of you however disputed the point about free medical coverage to illegal immigrants. Did you just over look that or just to ashamed of the fact it is true?"

Subsequently,after their "concern trolling" was blown-up by people who know the truth and can back it up, I posted in regard to that.

Your concern trolling post attempted to re-direct the subject to f-n Dan Rather?? hahahahahaha

March 1, 2012 at 11:12 p.m.
chet123 said...

SO OBAMA IS A TERRORIST,ARAB,MUSLIM,SOCIALIST,COMMUNIST,LIBERAL,KENYAN BORN,A LIAR(SAID JOE WILSON) BOOOGIE-MAN WHO EAT YOUR CHILDREN, HA HA HA...THROW THIS ONE IN THE MIX...A SNUB HA HA HA HA HA....YOU RIGHT-WING NUTS ARE REALLY FUNNY....THE WHOLE WORLD IS LAUGHING AT YOU.....

THE DIRT-BAG RIGHT-WINGER ANDREW BREITBART....WORRIED HISSELF TO DEATH......HA HA HA....REPUBLICAN HA HA HA HA...WHAT A SICKO PARTY...HA HA HA HA

March 3, 2012 at 8:47 a.m.
stanleyyelnats said...

Superstitious peoples are not the types of people you can communicate with at a logical level. So, stop trying.

March 3, 2012 at 5:48 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.