published Sunday, July 29th, 2012

Just Asking

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

240
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.

Nah, they're just hoping that "our good friends" in the United Kingdom manage to flop, because um, well, something about unions and socialized medicine from the government.

July 29, 2012 at 12:04 a.m.
steve_smith said...

And notice the leftist rabble still in the streets protesting the "corporate" games. I bet they are not rooting for their countrymen. You can't appease adversaries. Britain gets to teach us that lesson again. If America adds socialized medicine, formally creates a labor party, adopts sharia courts to oppress our immigrants and criminalizes religious beliefs as "hate speech," we, like the British, will still have leftists taking to the streets, defaming the statues of our past heros and moving the country "forward." The failures of that era to come will continue to make headlines and illustrators will continue to mock those who question whatever "leader" that is taking us down that wrong path.

July 29, 2012 at 1:28 a.m.

Let me guess, you agree with that British person who suggested there were too many minorities represented in the opening ceremonies?

July 29, 2012 at 2:24 a.m.
EaTn said...

Now why would the right-winger businesses want to use their surplus of cash to reduce the unemployment and stimulate the economy this election year? The gullible may just be the deciding factor in this election.

July 29, 2012 at 5:49 a.m.
Reardon said...

Cognitive dissonance again.

Supposedly right-wingers are GREEDY and want lots of MONEY.

And now TFP's Socialists are whining that they aren't GREEDY enough to put their money into play?

Businesses aren't investing money into jobs and expansion because the RISK of LOSS is too high in this political climate.

July 29, 2012 at 6:39 a.m.
dougmusn said...

@Reardon: It's a nice meme to say "businesses aren't investing...because the RISK OF LOSS is too high". It's also wrong. Businesses aren't investing because demand has tanked. From Bloomberg News 27 July: "Gross domestic product, the value of all goods and services produced, rose at a 1.5 percent annual rate after a revised 2 percent gain in the prior quarter, Commerce Department data showed today in Washington. Household purchases, which account for about 70 percent of GDP, grew at the slowest pace in a year." Housing slows, so new appliance sales drop. Families seek to reduce debt and delay that new car purchase. Et cetera.

July 29, 2012 at 7:09 a.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Reardon: It's the same old leftist sycophants, spewing the same hackneyed talking points. Greed...whatever that is.

July 29, 2012 at 7:28 a.m.
hambone said...

Will the GOP obstrutionist in Congress keep up their game after Obama is re-elected or will they make a last ditch effort to save the economy?

July 29, 2012 at 8:40 a.m.
MTJohn said...

Jack - in case you forgot, greed is the engine of free-market capitalism.

July 29, 2012 at 8:45 a.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

MTjohn: have not forgotten.

July 29, 2012 at 9:08 a.m.
librul said...

I doubt the rethugs would even listen to Reagan's Asst. Treasury Secy. when he lays out the problem ... too many plunging graphs.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2012/07/08/

July 29, 2012 at 9:22 a.m.
mymy said...

From the Democratic Play Book:

Repeat a lie often enough for our voter base to accept it as truth. Always spin a defeat as a victory for your side and your opponent’s victory as a failure, no matter how uncomfortable you may be in doing so. Remember, our voters are emotional, not logical, and they easily led to think what we tell them to think, and repeat what we tell them to repeat.

July 29, 2012 at 9:36 a.m.
joneses said...

So let me get this straight. Everything Hussein Obama has done has destroyed the economy and the fool Bennett thinks this is what the GOP wants. Are you liberals so stupid to still not realize that Hussein Obama's liberal policies do not work? If they worked unemployment would be low, the price of gas would be low, the housing market would be stable, more people would be off welfare versus more people on welfare under Hussein Obama's regime, inflation would be stable, we would be out of Afghanistan like Hussein promised, the debt would be cut in half like Hussein promised. How long are you stupid ass liberals going to continue worshiping and supporting failure? You stupid liberals pissed and moaned for President Bush doing the same thing but you give Hussein a pass. Hussein Obama is President Bush on steroids but even worst. Hussein Obama has even reversed President Clinton's welfare policy that you hypocritical liberals supported in the 90s. How can you not feel stupid for supporting this fool you call a president?

July 29, 2012 at 9:41 a.m.
librul said...

From the revolutionary Socialist's playbook:

Kill the bastards.

July 29, 2012 at 9:45 a.m.
MTJohn said...

Joneses - President Obama inherited a destroyed economy. And, our economy failed largely as a consequence of policies designed to make the wealthy and powerful richer at the expense of the poor and the weak.

Isn't it curious that the party of family values and the party that panders to the teavangelists ignores the words of the prophet, Amos?

July 29, 2012 at 9:48 a.m.
Easy123 said...

Joneses,

You need to get out more. Fox News has you warped. But who am I kidding, there is no hope for you. You're too far gone.

July 29, 2012 at 9:51 a.m.
mymy said...

Easy we all know you and yours are the ones that need to get out of your comfort zone to get informed. I check out your liberl MSM sites and you don't get the info one needs to make a good decision.

The below info is for TN, but Nov. is coming:

Early voting ended Saturday ahead of this Thursday’s county general and state and congressional primary election. Secretary of State Tre Hargett announced Wednesday that this year’s statewide numbers set an all-time record for a comparable election.

By Thursday night, the state’s total reached 255,137, or 23.7 percent more than the 206,174 ballots cast early in 2008. Of those, 168,623 voters cast Republican ballots and 75,726 voted Democrat.

Some only vote in Nov. elections-the idiots come out I guess and voter ID is important to keep the dead, etc. from voting.

July 29, 2012 at 10:08 a.m.
Easy123 said...

mymy,

"we all know you and yours are the ones that need to get out of your comfort zone to get informed. I check out your liberl MSM sites and you don't get the info one needs to make a good decision."

This made me laugh out lout. You only post links from Fox News and likely get all your information there! Keep thinking you're the informed one. Your psychosis is duly noted.

"voter ID is important to keep the dead, etc. from voting."

Please give evidence of the dead voting or any major voter fraud. I dare you. Voter ID is important to you because you know it will disenfranchise voters; voters that you think are potential Democrats. Your aim is painfully clear and everyone knows it.

July 29, 2012 at 10:15 a.m.
DJHBRAINERD said...

I went on vacation and had cable TV in my room for two weeks. Man I haven't been missing a thing. After the second morning I realized my BP was up and I was mumbling to the TV "news"person outloud. It was unreal, neither side was giving an honest account of anything going on it the world. Lots of celebraty gossip and talking heads shouting over each other. This goes for FOX CNN MSNBC and Headline news. Spin spin spin. I am glad I don't pay for cable and I am glad I no longer poison my mind with partison "news" any longer. Not that the networks are any better. I worked 3rd the other night and listened to the "newsman" on ABC tell me how to think about every story after it was aired. And had to sit through hrs of analizing over Mitt's British flop. Followed by who will be the next judge on American Idol. No word on the situation in Syria. Are our trucks flowing through the Kyber pass yet? Did Iran have anything to do with the Israili bus bombing? No word yet but Tomcat's divorce is proceeding nicely and that twilight girl is sorry for sleeping with her director. Yeah that's news , American style!

July 29, 2012 at 10:30 a.m.
moon4kat said...

Easy123, asking the Fox-warped right for evidence is wasted effort. They don't have it. They have only vile distortions and hate, which they keep recycling. It's tedious and anti-American, but too often that's all they've got.
I admire you for trying to keep the conversation civil and based on facts. It's a hard job at this site.

July 29, 2012 at 10:34 a.m.
alprova said...

If the GOP cheerleaders who hang out here think that the do-nothing Congressional members hired in 2010 will be rewarded in 2012 with votes for more hand sitting GOP members, I'm confident that they will receive a rude awakening.

The Tea-Party influence in the elections of 2010 is no longer in evidence these days. The mere mention of the Tea-Party evokes yawns rather than rallies.

The 2010 quote from Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell, has come to define the ultimate goal of the Republican Party;

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

Those words, combined with the Republican legislative record over the past year and a half, have proven that the Republicans will do anything, including short-circuiting the economy, in order to hurt Obama politically.

Rhetoric is rarely a reality. People will only listen to rhetoric and nod their heads for so long before they start to question why it is that politicians do not take the ball away from their opponents and drive it up the court to score a basket or two.

The American people have listened to Republican after Republican make the claim that "President Obama's policies are the reason that the economy has been stubborn to recover." The only problem is that not a one of them can clearly cite one Obama "policy" that illustrates their rhetorical claim.

George W. Bush rallied for and won tax cuts that included a trimming of the tax rates for those in the highest income brackets. We have heard for a decade now that these tax breaks were instituted to make way for the creation of jobs by these upper income people.

There's never been an iota of evidence to suggest that this tax-cutting strategy has worked. Job creation under GWB was the poorest of any President dating back to 1941.

The tax rates instituted under GWB have been preserved throughout Barack Obama's Presidency, with only slightly better results. Whereas GWB left office with a combined two-term average of -.33% job growth, the rate of job growth under Obama has been .84%, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

While Republicans decry deficit spending and a massive debt, they are adamant in resisting any call for income tax rates to be adjusted upward as a means to increase Governmental revenue, rhetotically claiming that it would harm job creators.

When income tax rates were at their peak for top income earners during the Kennedy and Johnson administrations, job growth also peaked at a combined rate of 6.75%. The only adminstrations to top that percentage of growth, were those of Franklin Rossevelt/Harry Truman, when jobs grew a combined rate of 6.83%.

(To be cont.)

July 29, 2012 at 10:37 a.m.
alprova said...

(Cont.)

Job creation while Lyndon Johnson was in office has never been surpassed. The individual income tax rates on top income earners stood at 70% and the corporate income tax rates were 48% at the time he left office. Currently, the maximum individual income tax rate stands at 35% and the maximum corporate income tax rate is 39%.

The historical and current facts surrounding job creation and corresponding tax rates, do not support a Republican rally for resisting an increase in taxes on those with higher incomes, because it would inhibit or harm the economy.

It's a rhetorical and empty claim.

July 29, 2012 at 10:37 a.m.
alprova said...

JonRoss wrote: "You are greedy if you desire something more than black beans and rice for every meal. According to Fidel Castro, darling of the Progressive movement."

Holding up Fidel Castro to be "the darling" or representative of anything having to do with progression, is very much like holding up the Reverend Fred Phelps as a spokesman for every Baptist church in the United States.

And to correct your claim, I can find no quote from Fidel Castro that comes close to what you wrote above. You made it up in a weak and pathetic attempt to demean people you have a philosphic disagreement with.

July 29, 2012 at 10:53 a.m.
MTJohn said...

mymy said..."From the Democratic Play Book:

Repeat a lie often enough for our voter base to accept it as truth."

Actually, that's from Joseph Goebbels' playbook and a playbook that has been well adapted to American politics by Frank Luntz.

July 29, 2012 at 10:55 a.m.
DJHBRAINERD said...

If you are a smal business owner who makes over 250k a year you will be subjected to higher taxes on the amount that is over 250k, not the 1st 250k. That rate will stay the same under the Senate's plan. This is a very important point if we are to cut through the retoric from each side. So you don't want to pay higher taxes on the excess? Then spend the money on a tax write off during the physical year by such means as... wait for it.... employing someone. Then that money is no longer income it is a tax deductable expense. Or you could invest the money in assets or if you are not inclined to invest in your business (which is the right's reasoning for lower rates) you could open an IRA to avoid the penilty. Yes there are a lot of ways not to pay the increased tax rate including writing off your acountant's salary. But according to the House's plan we will stifle job creation by removing the incentive(higher tax rate) for these small businesses to spend the excess profit over 250k. So under the House's plan what is the incentive for a small business to invest money into jobs and capital?

July 29, 2012 at 11:08 a.m.
mymy said...

Jack: expensive or not it looks like the typical tacky first lady style.

July 29, 2012 at 11:29 a.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

moon4kat: If you think Easy123 is civil, you must be a newbie to this site. Maybe the nastiest name-caller on here. And naive beyond words.

July 29, 2012 at 11:29 a.m.
Easy123 said...

JackTroll,

I never knew hungry people received nourishment from jackets.

Keep reaching, old timer!

July 29, 2012 at 11:32 a.m.
Easy123 said...

JackTroll,

"If you think Easy123 is civil, you must be a newbie to this site. Maybe the nastiest name-caller on here. And naive beyond words."

This is the finest of compliments from the likes of you.

July 29, 2012 at 11:34 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

Let us not forget the inspiring words of Senate Minority leader Mitch McConell, spoken at a time when our country was (and still is) in the throes of the worst recession since the Great Depression, a time when the people needed assurance that our elected leaders were doing everything in their might to work together to reduce unemployment, fix the broken economy, and get the country back on its feet again. Who can forget those uplifting words that gave us such comfort and solace amidst the hardships that so many Americans were enduring? He said: "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

Ah, spoken like a true patriot, Mr. McConnell! And you and your GO(Tea)P cohorts have made sure to follow through on that pledge 100%. Nothing like putting party allegiance before country in a time of dire crisis. That's what patriotism is to the GOTP afterall - their way or the highway.

July 29, 2012 at 11:37 a.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Anytime, sonny.

July 29, 2012 at 11:37 a.m.
fairmon said...

Alprova posted....

The historical and current facts surrounding job creation and corresponding tax rates, do not support a Republican rally for resisting an increase in taxes on those with higher incomes, because it would inhibit or harm the economy.

Your statistics suggest tax rates have nothing to do with the economy which is probably right. Predictability without duplication may be more important. Why not allow all temporary rates expire? It would eliminate critical campaign talking points from both parties. I am convinced abolishing all taxes, fees and other government charges and replacing the current system with an appropriate consumption tax (HR-25, SB-13) would be the fairest tax system possible and ignite the economy. It won't happen with many people afraid of it although they advocate change.

July 29, 2012 at 11:39 a.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

Show me where I said any of that.

Talk about reaching!

July 29, 2012 at 11:40 a.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

JonRoss: You must understand that Easy is enlightened. He's had a couple semesters at Lookout Valley J.C.

July 29, 2012 at 11:44 a.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

It took 8 years to get us in this recession. Only a moron would think we could turn the tide in 2-3 years. It appears you have been suckling from the Fox News/Rush Limbaugh teat.

July 29, 2012 at 11:45 a.m.
Easy123 said...

JackTroll,

How sweet! Jack is taking the Rick Santorum approach to higher education!

You're a fool, Jack.

July 29, 2012 at 11:48 a.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

LOL! "Vicious remark"? Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Again, show me where I said any of this:

"Only young, Progressively edgeubacated, Obama worshipers are allowed to comment ?"

July 29, 2012 at 11:50 a.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"Problem is easy we never recovered and now we are diving again."

False.

"Never happened like this in U.S. history"

Erroneous.

"And we have never had a Marxist/Progressive in the White House attacking job creators."

Straw man argument.

" It is a nightmare beyond comprehension. it will only get worse because of the ticking time bombs that Obama has intentionally buried in the economy."

Baseless opinion and hyperbole.

Please keep going. This is fun.

July 29, 2012 at 11:53 a.m.
alprova said...

Jack, there is no proof whatsoever that the First Lady's jacket came from the same retailer, or that she paid that outrageous amount for it.

There are subtle differences in the pattern if you look closely. The print appears to be darker in color as well. It could be a clever knock-off for all anyone knows for sure.

July 29, 2012 at 11:55 a.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

No, they are not. Not only are they not true but you have done nothing to prove them. You haven't even presented misinformed facts/links. You have simply stated baseless opinion and made faulty arguments.

Would you like to try again?

July 29, 2012 at 11:58 a.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"Barry Sortero's mother was a Marxist"

False.

"his father was a Marxist"

False.

"he hung with Marxists in college"

Erroneous.

"his political mentor Bill Ayers is a violent Marxist"

Laughable and completely false.

"his former green czar Jones is a Marxist."

And false, again.

July 29, 2012 at 12:04 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

Your link doesn't work.

Would you like to try again?

July 29, 2012 at 12:09 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

Your link doesn't work, dumbass.

Would you like to try again?

July 29, 2012 at 12:14 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

You can't even post proper links. This is the link you are looking for, IDIOT.

http://voices.yahoo.com/if-obama-not-marxist-why-so-many-his-associates-4147535.html

Please, try again. Your Yahoo blog link is not a source anyone here should consider reliable.

July 29, 2012 at 12:23 p.m.
moon4kat said...

JonRoss said..."To install a Marxist dictatorship you have to collapse the existing economic framework." That's exactly what started on George W. Bush's watch; the catastrophe was handed off to Obama. So, by your logic, Bush is a Marxist.
Obama saved our economy from suffering the full consequences of the Bushies' arrogance, ignorance, and incompetence.

July 29, 2012 at 12:32 p.m.
fairmon said...

Can anyone provide good reasons anyone would want to invest in any meaningful business in the U.S. and take that risk at this point in time? Can anyone give good reasons why corporations with millions in cash they would like to invest for a return want to risk increasing investments in a U.S. business and hire people. It is not a party issue, neither party will address the root problem. However, their respective lemmings will keep following and defending them regardless. Being a good or savvy bisness person is not greed.

July 29, 2012 at 12:39 p.m.
raygunz said...

From his first day in office, President Obama has tried to get the economy right for most Americans. Though sometimes too tepid, badly sold, or disappointingly weakened in an attempt to get non-existent Republican support, Obama has in fact pushed policy after policy to turn the economy around. He needs to do even more.

But like Destiny’s Child, Republicans have taken every opportunity to say “No, No, No”: “no” to the stimulus bill, “no” the health bill (which will create 400,000 jobs a year when fully implemented, according to the Center for American Progress), “no” the climate change bill (1.9 million jobs over 10 years, according to University of Berkeley researchers), and “no” to the jobs bill (almost 2 million jobs in 12 months, according to Moody’s Chief Economist Mark Zandi).

Three out of four of these bills received not one Republican vote. The stimulus garnered just three Republican votes in the Senate.

The GOP answer to the jobs crisis is, instead, a retread of the policies that broke the economy in the first place. They center on trickle down economics, which: 1) have concentrated wealth amongst the top 5 percent through tax cuts and 2) rolled back government oversight of key areas of the economy, such that Wall Street was able to transform itself into a ring of trillion dollar betting casinos.

The Republicans are so committed to their orthodoxy of lower taxes for the wealthy that they were willing to take the country to the brink of default last summer—and risk another recession—to extend Bush-era tax cuts for millionaires. Facing united Republican opposition, the president agreed.

The Republicans and their wealthy backers won that battle, but the country lost. Their antics cost the country its “AAA” debt rating for the first time in history.

http://colorlines.com/archives/2012/07/honestly_the_jobs_picture_is_bleak_because_the_gop_wants_it_that_way.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+racewireblog+%28ColorLines%29

July 29, 2012 at 12:48 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

A few facts:

President George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.

A little over one year ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high 2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon 3) The unemployment rate was 4.5% 4) The DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 5) Americans were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!

But Americans wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 we voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right. In the PAST YEAR:

1) Consumer confidence has plummeted 2) Gasoline was over $4 a gallon just a month ago 3) Unemployment is up to 6.1% (a 35.5% increase!) 4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS (and prices are still dropping) 5) 2% of American homes are in foreclosure. 6) THE DOW is probing new lows every other session....

Hey MT, is this the "destroyed" economy that Obama inherited?

July 29, 2012 at 12:49 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Ray,Obama GOT his stimulus money! Remember? But your man spent it on the likes of Solyndra, union bailouts and other cronies of his.

July 29, 2012 at 12:58 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

Consumer confidence is going back up.

The national average for gasoline is around $3.50 and dropping.

Unemployment is actually 8.2% and dropping.

The DOW is up to 13075 as of today.

The economy was in a downward spiral when Obama got it. You know it. You just won't admit it.

July 29, 2012 at 12:58 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Nonfarm payroll employment continued to edge up in June (+80,000), and the unemployment rate was unchanged at 8.2 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Professional and business services added jobs, and employment in other major industries changed little over the month.

Household Survey Data

The number of unemployed persons (12.7 million) was essentially unchanged in June, and the unemployment rate held at 8.2 percent. (See table A-1.)

Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rate for blacks (14.4 percent) edged up over the month, while the rates for adult men (7.8 percent), adult women (7.4 percent), teenagers (23.7 percent), whites (7.4 percent), and Hispanics (11.0 percent) showed little or no change. The jobless rate for Asians was 6.3 percent in June (not seasonally adjusted), little changed from a year earlier. (See tables A-1, A-2, and A-3.)

Where's the "dropping" of the unemployment rate you speak of?

Note blacks unemployment rate at 14.4%. Nice job Obama!

July 29, 2012 at 1:11 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

Right in front of your face, numb nuts.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

July 29, 2012 at 1:14 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Yes, clearly we need another stimmalas.

July 29, 2012 at 1:16 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JackTroll,

A bigger stimulus would have likely softened the economic blow even more. But hindsight is 20/20.

But I know you have no clue about how much the stimulus helped. You hate proof, facts and evidence.

July 29, 2012 at 1:19 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Easy. You're a sad, pathetic little boy. I'm truly sorry for you. And for our country if you're typical of your generation.

July 29, 2012 at 1:23 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Unemployment rate in 2008--5.8%. One year after Obama was immaculated--9.3%. So terrible.

Unemployment rate under Bush:

2000-4.0%

2001-4.7%

2002-5.8%

2003-6.0%

2004-5.5%

2005-5.1%

2006-4.6%

2007-4.6%

2008-5.8%

Along comes Obama-9.3% Where's the trend of Bush's terrible economy Obama "inherited" ? America would love to go back to the Bush economy.

July 29, 2012 at 1:24 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

I got my facts straight from the BLS. And as you can see, the unemployment number is unchanged. In almost four years, the unemployment rate under Obama went from 9.3%, to 8.2%. WOW, a whole percentage point down in four years! What an awesome sign of economic recovery!

July 29, 2012 at 1:33 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JackTroll,

You prove my point with your every post. You never have an argument or facts. You're just a troll. And it really ticks you off that I call you out on your ignorance. Don't worry, old timer, I'm sure they have tax breaks on coffins.

Toes,

You really don't understand economics

July 29, 2012 at 1:34 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

Once again, it's dropping, DUMBASS.

It's a great sign of economic recovery. Are you really that ignorant to think it means nothing?

July 29, 2012 at 1:39 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Yeah, looking at the facts REALLY has distorted my view of your world. And you never told us all about your excellent prowess of economic study and adherence.

See Jack, when they don't have an answer, it's just that we don't "understand". We don't "understand" because we're not led around by a liberal leash.

July 29, 2012 at 1:43 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Nonfarm payroll employment continued to edge up in June (+80,000), and the unemployment rate was unchanged at 8.2 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Professional and business services added jobs, and employment in other major industries changed little over the month.

Household Survey Data

The number of unemployed persons (12.7 million) was essentially unchanged in June, and the unemployment rate held at 8.2 percent. (See table A-1.)

I'll post it again just for you little guy. Now point out to us again just where it states that the rate has dropped.

July 29, 2012 at 1:46 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

You just admitted it was dropping, remember?

"the unemployment rate under Obama went from 9.3%, to 8.2%"

See, you provided the answer. Now do you understand, dumbass? Or would you like to keep arguing about something you already admitted?

July 29, 2012 at 1:47 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

I'll post this again where you admitted it dropped:

TOES02800 said... "...the unemployment rate under Obama went from 9.3%, to 8.2%. WOW, a whole percentage point down in four years!"

And here's a link for you, sweetie:

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

July 29, 2012 at 1:50 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

You and Jack suck the same Right-wing propaganda teat.

July 29, 2012 at 1:54 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

If anything, your link shows it going back up. Where's the drop? For the love of Obama, put the pipe down this morning.

ONE PERCENTAGE POINT IN FOUR YEARS IS HIDEOUS!!

Look, if you had three peas on your plate, and you added one more, would it make a damn difference?

You're in big trouble if you're hoping Obama runs out and says, "I lowered the unemployment rate ONE PERCENTAGE POINT in my first four years"!!! One tenth of a percentage point since the beginning of the year is hardly worth bragging about.

July 29, 2012 at 2:06 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

If anything, your link shows it going back up. Where's the drop? For the love of Obama, put the pipe down this morning.

ONE PERCENTAGE POINT IN FOUR YEARS IS HIDEOUS!!

Look, if you had three peas on your plate, and you added one more, would it make a damn difference?

You're in big trouble if you're hoping Obama runs out and says, "I lowered the unemployment rate ONE PERCENTAGE POINT in my first four years"!!! One tenth of a percentage point since the beginning of the year is hardly worth bragging about.

July 29, 2012 at 2:06 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

TOES: Remember, Easy has had a semester of Econ 101 at Lookout Valley Jr. College. Plus, he no doubt has Wiki'd it.

July 29, 2012 at 2:07 p.m.
mymy said...

Toes: They are too brainwashed to accept reality.

July 29, 2012 at 2:09 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

You seem to slurp hard at the liberal teat. You pull hard on the MSLSD teat. The american people are catching on.

And by the way, that graph on your link says a lot! Just look at the unemployment rate SKYROCKET as soon as Obama was immaculated. Astounding!

July 29, 2012 at 2:12 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

"The con game started in Michigan among minority populations in depressed cities such as Flint and Grand Rapids. It has now spread as far as far as Florida and Mississippi. More than 2,300 people in Michigan were bilked out of $1 million," and they were told specifically that Obama was going to pay their electric bills. Not "the government." Obama. And they believed it. And you know full well that there are a number of minorities who thought that that's what Obama's election meant.

Now, as Tucker points out, "What is amazing is that all these people actually believe that President Obama is ready to pay their electrical bills. It is symptomatic of a rising tide of dependency and the growing sense that nobody has to be responsible for anything anymore and we can all live off 'the rich.' If we don't get these people out of office soon, there isn't going to be much left to pick over in the American economy." By design, it's exactly what's happening".

Just to piss easy off.

July 29, 2012 at 2:37 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

Once again, you're clueless about economics. You just admitted it dropped AGAIN. And you're still trying to argue. Are you insane?

July 29, 2012 at 2:38 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Seems Romney has a five point lead over Obama right now. Turns out to be the same lead Obama had over McCain at the same point in the race. The Obama bullets just keep coming up short. Desperation MUST be sinking in for Obama.

July 29, 2012 at 2:46 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Easy: Stay off kid. You can't compete.

July 29, 2012 at 2:53 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

If you want to get picky easy, I could just as easily say that it DIDN'T drop. It went from 5.8% under Bush, to 9.3% under Obama. It STILL remained unchanged since the last reporting. 5.8%=good. 9.3%=bad. It doesn't take a mathematician to figure that out. You want to haggle over one percentage point says you have no argument at all.

July 29, 2012 at 2:53 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Is it just me, or does it seem that no matter what the topic of argument, easy claims to be an expert, and anyone who disagrees with him "just don't understand". You're in for a rude awakening child. And the government won't save you.

July 29, 2012 at 2:59 p.m.

harp3339: Because if you're sane, you realize that fear is the biggest enemy of success.

The risk of has always been there. If you are so paralyzed by fear that you do nothing, you will end up not taking risks or chances.

Which is fine, but don't pretend that today is any different than any other day.

Of course, there ARE problems with "businesses" whose existence is taking the value of other's work, getting loans off of it, then destroying it, but that's another issue. I'm sure we'd have problems with a business that existed to sell snake oil too.

July 29, 2012 at 3:04 p.m.
fairmon said...

happywithnewbulbs said...

harp3339: Because if you're sane, you realize that fear is the biggest enemy of success.

The current lack of investment and creation of jobs has nothing to do with fear. The savvy business person is too smart to waste their cash reserves or to borrow at the current low rates to invest.

The scenario you describe only works if a business is already doomed to fail and the manager is trying to avoid losing people's money that did take a risk. Many people, possibly you as well, seem to think businesses are for altruistic purposes and should be government owned and controlled to assure everyone gets some of what they sale.

This administration and congress would screw up a two car funeral but it will get them elected again.

July 29, 2012 at 3:31 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

"DNC homepage shows more Romney attack ads than Obama accomplishments"

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/07/27/dnc-homepage-shows-more-romney-attack-ads-than-obama-accomplishments/

Sounds about right. With nothing to run on, it's no surprise.

July 29, 2012 at 4:01 p.m.
alprova said...

TOES02800 wrote: "Seems Romney has a five point lead over Obama right now. Turns out to be the same lead Obama had over McCain at the same point in the race. The Obama bullets just keep coming up short. Desperation MUST be sinking in for Obama."

The result of one poll doesn't begin to put Romney up five points.

The result of many polls taken at regular intervals and them blended tell a much different tale.

As it stands today, Obama has 255 electoral votes in the bag in the states that he leads by at least 6 points. Romney has 191 in the states he leads in by at least 6 points. 92 electoral votes are a tossup in 7 states. And if the election were indeed held today, this is the way it is predicted that it would play out;

Colorado - Obama by 3 points. 9 electoral votes.

Florida - Obama by 1.1 points. 29 electoral votes.

Iowa - Obama by 1.3 points. 6 electoral votes.

Michigan - Obama by 3 points. 16 electoral votes.

New Hampshire - Obama by 3 points. 4 electoral votes.

North Carolina - Romney by 1 point. 3 electoral votes.

Virgina - Obama by 1.2 points. 13 electoral votes.

It takes 270 electoral votes to win the Presidency. Again, if the election were held today, and If Obama were to win in Colorado, Michigan, and New Hampshire, and he loses the other four, he will have 284 electoral votes to Romney's 233.

Florida will not be the state to determine the outcome of this election, as much as the Governor of Florida has been doing his part to hand it to Mitt Romney.

Are things desperate for the President? Not quite. While everyone in this forum is pinning their hopes on who will win the Presidency, the real players in politics are concentrating their attention and money on preserving their power in Congress.

Those races will not be gearing up for a decent following until next month.

July 29, 2012 at 4:13 p.m.

harp3339: Fear is part of being beholden to risk. You claimed it was a risk, didn't you?

Of course it is. And it always has been. Being controlled by risk is fear, and it remains the biggest enemy of success.

I described no such scenario as you claim, I have no idea what you even think you're talking about, as it has no relationship to my words. I suppose you might be talking about the last bit, but no, you didn't understand what I was referring to at all, which was actually a perfectly functioning business that an OUTSIDER decides to appropriate for their own benefit. The person doing that is only seeking to immediately enrich themselves, whether other people lose out is of no concern to them.

But yes, there are reasons for a business to exist with altruism in mind, many businesses think not just of their own immediate profits, but of their customers, and their workers, and the future. Predatory businesses are often their own worst enemies.

You may want to try to represent that as "government owned and controlled" in an attempt to discredit it, and to give glory to the ways of locusts, but that doesn't make it real.

July 29, 2012 at 4:14 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

You conceded my point and you're still arguing.

Would you like to keep going?

July 29, 2012 at 4:14 p.m.

Probably for another hour or two.

I bet TOES02800 thinks that the economy instantly changes, and that changes aren't caused by actions that were months, even years beforehand.

There's a reason why the bubble burst, and that's because it was a bubble. What made it a bubble? Something years before? Oh my.

July 29, 2012 at 4:34 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Bulbs,

I just don't understand. TOES has admitted the unemployment rate has gone down during Obama's first term (which was my claim) and then tries to deny it in the next breath.

And yes, TOES thinks the economy tanked as soon as Obama was inaugurated. See:

"Just look at the unemployment rate SKYROCKET as soon as Obama was immaculated. Astounding!"

It boggles the mind.

July 29, 2012 at 4:49 p.m.

I think the problem with your understanding is that you're trying to take it as rational.

Anybody who says "Obama was immaculated" has made a clear statement disavowing any appeal to rationality.

It'd be like if some failing sports team just hired a coach midseason, and the team lost the next week and somebody blindly blamed it on the new coach, calling the new coach an utter and complete failure.

JonRoss: Now you know you're worried about nothing. The world will end in 2012 according to the Mayans, so the best thing for you to do will be to stock up on a few week's worth of Twinkies so you can survive till the end.

July 29, 2012 at 5:02 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

Does it physically hurt to be as stupid as you are or is it blissful?

Obama isn't a Marxist.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/occidental.asp

July 29, 2012 at 5:03 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

Keep up that false hope. You'll need it.

July 29, 2012 at 5:08 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

That link was in reference to your "Barry Soetoro" remark.

There are no indisputable facts. You have fabricated these "facts" in your mind or obtained them from Right-wing propaganda machines.

Obama isn't a Marxist. If you believe that he is, you might be borderline schizophrenic.

July 29, 2012 at 5:19 p.m.
alprova said...

JonRoss wrote: "Barry's lead in the polls are well within the margin of error in the "battlegroud" states"

The polls have been consistent for more than three months. There's nothing at all to suggest that a margin of error exists.

"Mitt Romney has yet to fire up his assault."

Is that so? What is he waiting for?

"It will all end with a 52% or 53% victory for Romney nationally."

I;m sure you are hopeful for such a result, but it will not happen. Romney will not even carry his home state or his birth state. Four Presidents were elected after failing to win in their home states. Only one President was elected after failing to carry both. He's fighting enormous and historical odds.

July 29, 2012 at 5:23 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

Thank you for discrediting yourself personally.

And Obama is still not a Marxist.

But I'll join in. Romney is a polygamist and a former member of the American Nazi Party.

July 29, 2012 at 5:26 p.m.
WHS1970 said...

The Atlanta Braves swept the Phillies today, for their sixth straight win. They are only three games out of first place. Just thought all you political junkies should know that there is a lot of things going on away from all of the name calling and insults that go on this web site. Peace to all of you.

July 29, 2012 at 5:29 p.m.
alprova said...

JonRoss wrote: "I am glad we can all agree that Barry Sortero is indeed a Marxist."

Who is this "we" that agrees with you on anything? You're out there on that limb all by yourself, with the exception of one meaningless parrot who pipes up routinely with one sentence musings, while claiming to be a fence sitter.

"The reality we have to face now is the possibility of a Salvadore Allende style meltdown. Barry tried to whip up the violence scenario with OWS but it didn't work."

You, like some other people scattered across the country, see conspiracy in all you read or hear. You cannot begin to substantiate your accusation that the President "tried to whip up violence" at any time.

"So if defeated will he simply refuse to leave the White House ?"

If...and this is a big if, Mitt Romney were to win this coming November, President Obama will graciously become former President Obama, and he will likely relocate back to Chicago, from whence he came.

"Will his Progressive goons start rioting in cities accross the country ?"

That will not happen either. Do you know why? Because as much as the right-wing are hoping for a scenario like the last two elections, where the results boil down to one state, that is not going to happen this time. The other key battleground states are in the bag for Obama, as it stands today.

Will that change? Unless Mitt Romney can offer proof positice that the President has been in bed with a dead girl or a live boy, I don't see any chance for a pendulum swing that will change people's minds at this point.

Nothing either side can do, will rig this election in favor of one political party or the other. While Republicans are doing all they can do to prevent likely Democratic voters from being allowed to cast their votes, the Democrats are countering such a strategy by making sure that people will be in full compliance and knowledgable in what it will take to be assured that people will indeed be able to cast their votes by election day.

"I suppose we will find out soon enough."

You can bet on it. The more that Republicans attempt to screw with people's rights, the more determined people are to assert their rights.

July 29, 2012 at 5:45 p.m.
lightkeeper said...
<p>@WHS1970...Your absolutly right. All this name calling is ridiculous. You shouldn't say JackDummy is a hillbilly paranoid nut case and ToesS02800666 just simply needs to SHUT THE F!#k UP !

July 29, 2012 at 5:55 p.m.
alprova said...

Easy123 wrote: "But I'll join in. Romney is a polygamist and a former member of the American Nazi Party."

Ouch!! The same kind of proof exists to substantiate that claim as there exists to prove that the President is a Marxist.

July 29, 2012 at 6:04 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Easy, you are wasting your time with these wing-nut neanderthals. Anyone who keeps parroting, “Obama is a Marxist,” or they keep regurgitating Marxist this or Communist that or socialist whatever, they are not worth trying to argue with. They are as small minded as the Bible thumpers and they use the same type of circular logic, which is not really logic at all, but in their vacuum-sealed minds they think it is. Trying to argue with them only gets you caught up in their hamster cage of idiocy. You'd do better to just speak your mind be done with it and then let them spend all day on their butts in front of their computer screens high-fiving and patting each other on the back over how brilliant they think they are.

July 29, 2012 at 6:41 p.m.
raygunz said...

Normally in a recession and recovery government at all levels increase public employment - this has happened in every GOP administration - and much of that increase is funded by federal government grants to the state and local governments. But since the Stimulus, the GOP has blocked any substantial help for the states, and in GOP led states severe austerity cuts have been the rule - even including GOP governors rejecting projects fully funded by the federal government. The economic cost of this is far more than just those 600 thousand jobs - the spillover effect on private business and local economies has been devastating - when you factor in all these effects the total job cost of austerity has been estimated at 2.3 million jobs.

President Obama proposed the American Jobs Act in his 2011 State of the Union address, and spent the next year promoting it at every opportunity. Although expensive - it contained a combination of targeted tax cuts and some tax increases, along with direct spending designed to increase consumer spending and lower the cost to business of hiring new workers, all while paying for the bill. The CBO said the bill would not only have paid for itself within 10 years, but would have reduced the deficit by at least 6 billion dollars. According to an analysis by Moody's it would have created about 1.9 million jobs.

The result of GOP obstruction with those two things cost us 2.3 million jobs and 1.9 million jobs respectively. US employment as of May 2011 is about 155 million jobs, which means those 4.2 million jobs that the GOP has prevented account for 2.7% of the unemployment rate. But let's be fair, there is a small amount of overlap in those jobs - a small portion (about 8%) of the American Jobs Act would have gone to State and Local governments to pay for teachers, first responders and the like - although for the most part it would have just prevented further layoffs rather than resulted in new hires. It is also very likely that without the economic wrecking of GOP obstructionism the labor participation rate would be higher - so instead of a reduction of unemployment to 5.5% it would be slightly higher, but still well under 6%.

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/1025337/without_gop%2C_unemployment_would_be_under_6/#paragraph5

July 29, 2012 at 7 p.m.
hambone said...

Do some of you have a program that automatically post the same ol' crap everytime someone else posts on this forum?

Surely you are not all so pathetically lonely that you sit at your keyboard waiting for another lonely soul to repeat what they have already said a thousand times?

July 29, 2012 at 7:04 p.m.
hambone said...

raygunz, your 7 p.m. post is the best I've seen on here in weeks.

July 29, 2012 at 7:12 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

You lefties sure are meanies. bwahahahaha

July 29, 2012 at 7:44 p.m.
Easy123 said...

sTUpid,

"There’s absolutely no need for us to give you anything as we have won that battle and just like the 2000 election we have moved on. You can continue to live in the past and wallow in you own impotence for all we care.'

The classic Tu_quoqueef cop out.

"Talk about reaching... you should be reaching for the toilet paper after dropping a pitiful turd like that ... Dumbass your stinking the place up."

LOL! How sweet. Are you on your period or something?

July 29, 2012 at 7:44 p.m.
Easy123 said...

sTUpid,

"And yet a moron that implied just that while he was campaigning in 2008 got elected and proved your point."

Please show us all where Obama implied that he could completely reverse the recession.

July 29, 2012 at 7:46 p.m.
MTJohn said...

tu_quoque said..."This is not a theocracy so your rhetorical tricks with religion are just another loser on your part."

TU - the teavangelists, who are on your side, would disagree with you.

And, by the way, I noticed that you did not take issue with the suggestion that the Republican agenda is to make the rich even wealthier at the expense of all of the rest of us. Unless you are a 1%er, I don't understand why you and the other conservatives who post here think that is a good idea. You are getting screwed just like the rest of us and yet you insist on standing up for those who are intent on trashing our republic in favor of an oligarchy. Yet, you have the audacity to suggest someone else is the bonehead.

July 29, 2012 at 8:04 p.m.
alprova said...

Easy123, I know it's tough to ignore some things, but I am respectfully requesting that you try to ignore the troll comments.

By responding to them in the slightest, they win the desired response they are seeking, which is to disrupt civil discourse.

Having any meaningful dialogue with them is all but impossible, for they will never respond with anything of substance. Look at tu_quoque's posts. Every one of them come with a personal attack on the person that "she" is addressing.

Please don't feed into that kind of crap. You do a fantastic job of sticking to the facts and you present them well.

Again, I know it's hard to ignore some things, but try not to be bothered into responding to inflammitory rhetoric. The sensible people who frequent this forum know truth from trollism.

July 29, 2012 at 8:15 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Alprova,

You're right. I'll join in the boycott.

You are truly a gentle person and scholar.

July 29, 2012 at 8:18 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

alpo: I'm no troll. why are you defending the worst name calling offender on this forum? are you wearing blinders, sir?

July 29, 2012 at 8:32 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JackTroll,

Yes, you are a troll.

I call names because you suckers call names. You Christians call it an eye for an eye.

July 29, 2012 at 8:43 p.m.
fairmon said...

MTJohn responds.....

you didn't understand what I was referring to at all, which was actually a perfectly functioning business that an OUTSIDER decides to appropriate for their own benefit. The person doing that is only seeking to immediately enrich themselves, whether other people lose out is of no concern to them.

Do you have an example of a "perfectly functioning" business that what you described happened to?

July 29, 2012 at 8:43 p.m.
fairmon said...

MTJohn....

No doubt some businesses are poorly managed by incompetent and some times unscrupulous people. GM is a good example of poorly managed and sold out to the union. They will be back to the public trough in the future. A poorly managed business will fail and people will suffer when the business no longer exist. Those you allude to as vultures prefer those companies they buy become profitable so they can benefit from the profits and perhaps sell the business for a healthy profit. Failing to have either of those happen they will divest it and recover what they can. What is wrong with that?

July 29, 2012 at 8:53 p.m.

harp3339: Ahem, MTJohn? That is not my name, but you attributed my words to MTJohn for some reason. I hope that was just a mistake on your part, and you'll retract it immediately.

But, no, the people I'm talking about don't prefer that the companies they purchase become profitable. They prefer to make a profit off the companies they purchase.

The distinction is a fine one, I admit, but you can see it in the actions of any number of corporate raiders and vulture capitalists. It's all in the process. Buying a company, investing in it, and helping it perform well is one thing. Buying a company, getting loans off the assets, paying yourself, and then walking away from a bankruptcy is another thing. The latter is the problem.

If you want examples of it happening, fair enough. Try Dade Medical. One of the company's Bain Capital purchased, loaded up with debt, paid themselves off, then left to rot under a crushing load of debt. Or if you prefer something more historical, look up the leveraged buyouts of the 80s, even further back you can even find examples of GM doing the same thing. Heck, they shut down street cars and other local transportation to make themselves profit, but that's a bit far outside of the recent window.

Yeah, I know you don't believe it, your blind adherence to the businessman is so devout you probably wouldn't even be able to criticize a real-life C. Montgomery Burns or Flintheart Glomgold.

July 29, 2012 at 9:07 p.m.

Easy123: You lie! Willford Mittingdon Romneyfeller III is actually a Robot from the future programmed to travel back in time and save us from a future where Richard Nixon's head becomes President.

July 29, 2012 at 9:15 p.m.
MTJohn said...

harp3339 said..."Those you allude to as vultures prefer those companies they buy become profitable so they can benefit from the profits and perhaps sell the business for a healthy profit."

Harp - I hadn't responded to any of your posts in this thread prior to this. Thus I don't understand your suggestion that I didn't understand what you had said. And, please note that I have no problem with people who conduct business as you describe - but, note that honesty in business is not a formula for making it to the 1%.

Actually, what I referred to as vultures have been every business executive whose focus is on making profits by taking advantage of others. There have been examples of such folks throughout our history - some such examples have been very egregious and I don't need to recount them all. And, some in the Republican party, including those aligned with Crossroads GPS, who are focused on that kind of corporate excess the new norm for this country. We can do better than a government that is owned by and accountable only to K Street. Yet, we have been steadily moving in that direction since 1980.

July 29, 2012 at 9:30 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

I guess all those Dem zillionaires in the House & Senate are perfectly ethical bidness people.

July 29, 2012 at 10:11 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

lightsaber: No facts to bring to the table? Shut the fuc# up.

July 29, 2012 at 10:16 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Bush must have been extremely smart to set up the economy to implode as soon as Obama took office. What a masterful feat!

July 29, 2012 at 10:29 p.m.

LOL. Man, you think the economy was hunky-dory the day Bush left office?

I guess that explains why TARP wasn't signed into Law by George W. Bush. The subprime mortage crisis, the collapse of the housing bubble?

Never existed, did they?

July 29, 2012 at 10:49 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Bulbs,

LMAO!

Toes really believes that. Like REALLY believes it! INSANITY!

July 29, 2012 at 11:05 p.m.
hambone said...

Don't fee the TROLL!

July 29, 2012 at 11:34 p.m.
raygunz said...

Alprova,,a very eloquent way of saying "DON'T FEED THE TROLLS"!

LOL,thanks.

July 30, 2012 at 1:13 a.m.
alprova said...

Raygunz wrote: "Alprova,,a very eloquent way of saying "DON'T FEED THE TROLLS"! LOL,thanks."

Easy123 wrote: "You are truly a gentle person and scholar."

You're welcome and thank you very much...

July 30, 2012 at 4:19 a.m.
degage said...

Obamas daughters are senior staffers, According to the manifest for the trip to africa they were listed as Staffers. Judicial watch managed to get docs for that trip that ended with the first family going on a safari. the official business part seems to have been a cover for pleasure. 424,000+ for plane that didn't include food and other expenses. The economy is in the tank but the first family needs their pleasure trips.

July 30, 2012 at 7:50 a.m.
conservative said...

degage....

"Obamas daughters are senior staffers, According to the manifest for the trip to africa they were listed as Staffers."

I read recently that Owebma's daughters are 11 and 14 years old. Are these "staffers" paid?

Do you have a link?

July 30, 2012 at 8:05 a.m.
degage said...

conserative, the link is www.judicialwatch.org/press-room-rele...>

The first two names on the list of senior staffers is the obama daughters.

July 30, 2012 at 8:27 a.m.
whatsnottaken said...

There currently is only one party in Wasington - The Obstructionist Party and all the losers we've elected under false pretenses - GOP and Dem - are members. Why are we doomed as a nation? Look at the clowns in DC, and know it's all OUR fault. In the last 50 years, we've slowly killed the golden goose until now all that's left is a country that's a shell of its former self. We can thank my generation for that. A guy named Kruschev in the Cold War said Russia didn't need to attack America, America will be destroyed by itself from within. Good call Vlad.

July 30, 2012 at 9:08 a.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Good call whatsnottaken. Good call, Nikita. Nakita foresaw our nation turning left with hooked fish like bulbs, easy, alpo, raygunz, rickyroo, clay bennett, et. al. No need to pound your shoe on the desk, Nikita. You win.

July 30, 2012 at 9:18 a.m.
alprova said...

Degage wrote: "Judicial Watch says that Sasha and Malia Obama are listed as “Senior Staff.”..."

“The Obama daughters were not listed as Senior Staff – that only designates the area of the plane where they were seated,” says the official. “The Air Force categorizes the passengers by compartment on the plane.”

July 30, 2012 at 9:58 a.m.
degage said...

Easy, ABC news media matters are just liberal trash.

Al, That is not what I wrote. I said the Obama daughters.

July 30, 2012 at 10:07 a.m.
Easy123 said...

degage,

Oh ok, so does that mean you are a Conservative moron? When presented with facts FROM THE WHITE HOUSE no less, you dismiss them and side with judicialwatch.org.

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you actively ignore facts that contradict your claim? You don't even address them. You just attempt to discredit the source.

Do you even know this trip to Africa took place over a year ago? I doubt it. The Right-wing propaganda circulates slowly, much like a backed up toilet.

July 30, 2012 at 10:12 a.m.
dude_abides said...

I think you Christians need to take another look at Mitt Romney's religion. Are your beliefs so dilute and vague that you could vote for a man who's professed religion was founded by a con man who was arrested and convicted for pretending to look at stones and predicting where landowners could find treasure? Mitt actually sorta resembles the charlatan. Hey, it's a free country and you can vote for whomever you wish, I just feel compelled this morning to point out that your Presidential nominee's religious beliefs are an abomination to God and the Bible. I would really like to hear a rebuttal from any Mormons reading this... any out there? Even one? Are you local Christians comfortable electing a man whose religion has no representation among us? If there are any Mormons around who could clear up a few things about your belief system, please make yourself known. I mean, it's kind of your job to proselytize and witness to us, right?

Hey, Jack__! Good morning and heil hitler!

July 30, 2012 at 10:17 a.m.
degage said...

Easy, this WH would say anything to cover their butts and you seem to believe anything they say. The document clearly shows how they are listed. Of course the WH has to say it isn't so.

Dude, I thought you are an athiest so what gives you the right to call anyones religious beliefs an abomination. Don't bother telling christians what to believe. Stay on your own band wagon.

July 30, 2012 at 10:29 a.m.
Easy123 said...

Dégagé,

Thank you for admitting your ignorance. Keep discrediting yourself! It makes it easier for the rest of us.

"I thought you are an athiest so what gives you the right to call anyones religious beliefs an abomination."

Dude is invoking the same right Christians do when they say all Muslims are terrorists and anyone that isn't a Christian will burn in hell for all eternity.

"Don't bother telling christians what to believe."

Don't bother telling anyone what to believe or that your religion is the true one. Keep your gospel to yourself. No more proselytizing. No more mission trips. No more praying in government meetings. And the list goes on. Or does your statement just apply to non-Christians.

"Stay on your own band wagon."

Precisely.

July 30, 2012 at 10:34 a.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Morning, dude. YOU, my friend, would have been the Hitler acolyte. You, my friend, are the one that opens this throat and swallows the goat. Sad, sad, sad.

July 30, 2012 at 10:35 a.m.
Easy123 said...

JackTroll,

You're terrible at comebacks.

"I know you are, but what am I?"

July 30, 2012 at 10:37 a.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Easy: Is terminal stupidity painful?

July 30, 2012 at 10:41 a.m.
Easy123 said...

JackTroll,

Stop stealing my lines:

"Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

Does it physically hurt to be as stupid as you are or is it blissful?

July 29, 2012 at 5:03 p.m."

LMAO! Come on, old man! Grow a pair! Come up with some original material then you might be able to run with the big dogs.

July 30, 2012 at 10:44 a.m.
degage said...

Easy, you said , so that mean you a conservative moron? No easy that makes you the liberal moran. Sorry sonny that kool ade you have been drinking is full of poison.

July 30, 2012 at 10:48 a.m.
Easy123 said...

degage,

LOL! Why are you idiots so bad at comebacks? And you can't even spell 'moron', "Kool-Aid", or use proper punctuation.

Please keep going. I truly enjoy watching you make a fool of yourself. Or, for a change, you could come up with a cogent argument and actually argue facts instead of spouting off the same propaganda. You pick.

July 30, 2012 at 10:52 a.m.

Wow, now the dishonest liars are trying to confuse a seating list with an actual pay schedule?

And really, getting upset that the First Lady is traveling with her children. HORRORS! Don't the Obama's know that children should be sent away to boarding school?

PS, let's see the complaints about Laura Bush's trip to Africa with HER daughters.

Oh wait, that's ok, despite it also being on the taxpayer dime.

I swear, the more petty these complaints become, the more obvious it is that they are groundless.

edit: Actually this seems to be months old, and long since debunked. That makes it worse.

July 30, 2012 at 10:52 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Typical Bennett Bilge

Of course, when big government waste of economic resources results in poor economic results it is good for any politician that claims to be for small government and free market economics.

I fully support small government restricted to a proper role and free market economics but I do not have a smile on my face as the opposite drives us to ruin. The smile on the face in the cartoon is the Bennett fabrication that tries to make a fallacious point. Bennett consistently distorts messages with his narrow partisan outlook.

It is disappointing that the TFP continues to let this guy pollute the opinion page.

July 30, 2012 at 10:54 a.m.
dude_abides said...

Jack said... "You, my friend, are the one that opens this throat and swallows the goat." Not sure how to read that, Jack_, but I assume it means you spit the goat?

degage, where would you have gotten any idea of my beliefs? Are you a pigeonholer? Wow, jack_'s a goat spitter and you're a pigeonholer.

July 30, 2012 at 10:55 a.m.

Typical BRP bile. It's disappointing that you keep blaming the TFP for your problems, when the solution is readily available to you.

Take responsibility for once!

July 30, 2012 at 10:57 a.m.
Easy123 said...

BRP,

It interesting that you just admitted the truth of Bennett's cartoon IN YOUR FIRST SENTENCE. So much for "distorted message", right?

"Of course, when big government waste of economic resources results in poor economic results it is good for any politician that claims to be for small government and free market economics."

You literally just said the same thing that is stated directly in the cartoon. You'll probably need a crowbar to pry your foot out of your mouth.

July 30, 2012 at 10:57 a.m.
lightkeeper said...
<p>@Toes666...Facts you say ?....You havn't brought any except the same crap over and over and old tired lame websites like thats suppose to prove something, and it doesn,t! now go tell your boyfriend to shut the F#@K UP

July 30, 2012 at 10:58 a.m.
TOES02800 said...

"With the stroke of a pen, Bill Clinton ended an era that stretched back to William Jennings Bryan and Woodrow Wilson and reached fruition with FDR and Harry Truman. As he signed his name, in the whorls and dots of his pen strokes William Jefferson Clinton was also symbolically signing the death warrant of Liberal America and its core belief in the level playing field that had guided the Democratic Party. But it was the gift of the pen to Sanford Weill and its assuming an honored place on the Wall of Me that rubbed salt in the wound".

http://www.progressivehistorians.com/2007/11/bill-clintons-role-in-mortgage-crisis.html

Put some blame where it really belongs.

July 30, 2012 at 11:32 a.m.
TOES02800 said...

kiddiepornpeeper: So the Bureau of labor statistics is a "old tired lame" website? Of course I state my beliefs "over and over" again you little short bus window licker! Like a true American I stand for something. You liberal fools fall for anything. Which ever way the wind, and easy, blows.

July 30, 2012 at 11:40 a.m.
degage said...

Easy, I believe I spelled Moron the same way you did , so I guess you don't know how to spell it. Look it up in the dictionary it is spelled moron, Moron. Opps guess I did put an a in place of an o in one post. All the rest were with an o. Nit picker.

July 30, 2012 at 11:42 a.m.
Easy123 said...

degage,

LMAO! Would you like to try again, moron?

July 30, 2012 at 11:47 a.m.
TOES02800 said...

degage: easy slurps the liberal fecal soup like it's ambrosia. His gums are so brown he spits YooHoo.

July 30, 2012 at 11:48 a.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

Let me get this straight, I drink "fecal soup" and spit a chocolate beverage. My digestive system must be a true medical wonder.

Keep making yourself look stupid, Toes. It's your favorite thing to do.

July 30, 2012 at 11:50 a.m.

TOES02800: Blame where it really belongs? Ok, that's Phil Gramm, Jim Leach and Thomas Bliley, the architects of the law.

I know, I know, you REALLY want to hate on Bill Clinton, but ignoring the people who wrote it as if they weren't beholden to the financial companies we had to bail-out?

C'mon, show some integrity. Bill Clinton certainly made a mistake in not vetoing the law, but that's a long way from the culpability of Mssrs Gramm, Bliley and Leach who willfully endorsed it.

degage: You typed "moran" in case you didn't notice. And it is indeed Kool-Aid.

Oh good, you admitted your error. Congratulations. Now maybe you want to consider your whole conduct.

Instead of engaging in the unproductive bickering, try something related to the subject at hand.

Easy123: You can do the same too, I know it's so tempting to toss the muck around, but sometimes we can attempt actual discussion.

July 30, 2012 at 11:53 a.m.
lightkeeper said...
<p>@Toes666...The only thing that blows on here is you. You wouldn't know a fact iF it was rammed down your stupid conservative throat, and Iam sure plenty of things have been. You always trying to put Easy down, he makes more sense than you do. now.. SHUT THE F%@K UP

July 30, 2012 at 11:55 a.m.

LOL, complaining about Obama breaking promises again.

Let me guess, you got that from a Mitt Romney negative ad.

Which just makes you look bad as you negatively complain about others negativity.

Huzzah!

That's like some of the local political ads around here complaining about the others not having substance when all they have to offer is their own smoke and mirrors.

If you GENUINELY want to stop negative political advertising fair enough, you can make that argument. but you can't use it as an attack. That just invalidates it.

BTW, when are we going to see a positive ad from Mitt Romney?

July 30, 2012 at 12:01 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

You and easy should get a room fancy boy. It's OK, you don't have to hide it anymore, Obama's OK with it.

By the way, it's shut the FUC# up! Get it right nightcreeper!!

July 30, 2012 at 12:13 p.m.
tderng said...

The guy in the "toon" isn't even reading about the failing economy,he is reading another part of the paper. With the smile on his face he must be reading about the polls that have Romney in a dead heat even with all the attack ads that Obama's campaign has spent millions and millions on. Sending out false flags that even liberal news orgs. have debunked.

July 30, 2012 at 12:19 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

MSLSD!!! HAHAHAHA!!! HAHAHAH!!! HAHAHA!!! MADDOW!! HAHAHA!!! WHAT A RIOT!!! DESPERATE TIMES SEEK DESPERATE MEASURES HUH EASY? THE SUPER LESBO WILL TELL THE TRUTH!

July 30, 2012 at 12:26 p.m.
lightkeeper said...
<p>@happywithnewbulbs..All Toella666 can do is complain and copy lame lying conservative websites sense he has no intelligence of his own. Can you imagine a world full of Toes666...It would STINK to high heavens. NOW AS I SAID BEFORE Toehoe SHUT THE F#@k UP

July 30, 2012 at 12:29 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

Refute the video then. :-)

"Super lesbo"? First gay slur of the day.

Look at her resume. Then look at yours. Then cry yourself to sleep.

July 30, 2012 at 12:30 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

The videos are of your Obama doing all the lying on his own. You tube is a "lying conservative website"? I say THAT'S a lie! However, MSLSD IS a known lying, tape doctoring branch of the democratic party. Listen to YOU complain pantysniffer.

July 30, 2012 at 12:35 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Easy123 said... "It interesting that you just admitted the truth of Bennett's cartoon IN YOUR FIRST SENTENCE. So much for "distorted message", right?" (REF: Of course, when big government waste of economic resources results in poor economic results it is good for any politician that claims to be for small government and free market economics.)

Please try to separate the political consequence of a reality from the feelings created by the reality. There is a difference. Someone can benefit in some way from something but still find its overarching effects horrible. I submit that feelings of horror much more closely match how most GOPers are feeling over what Obama has done to this country. The beaming grin on the GOPer in the cartoon is a partisan attack trying to further the myth that to be in the GOP you are selfish and evil.

I am sure you will probably declare that you don’t get that. You are just going to have to study it carefully and if you can’t figure it out you can take it to someone who has a better grasp of logic than yourself. I will not be wasting any more time trying to help you today.

July 30, 2012 at 12:36 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

The videos of your Willard Romney doing all the lying on his own. It's video evidence of Romney lying. Did you even watch the video or are you just going off instinct?

"However, MSLSD IS a known lying, tape doctoring branch of the democratic party."

Prove it.

Come on, big boy. Put your money where your mouth is.

July 30, 2012 at 12:38 p.m.
Easy123 said...

BRP,

The fact still stands that you admitted the truth of the cartoon with your own words. You said it yourself, remember:

"Of course, when big government waste of economic resources results in poor economic results it is good for any politician that claims to be for small government and free market economics."

You said nothing of "horrible" overreaching effects or "horror" for GOPer's. You clearly stated:

"it is good for any politician that claims to be for small government and free market economics"

But please, keep trying to wriggle your way out of it. You have done this before and I know you will do it again. But you are running away, as usual, when you commit one of your foot to mouth errors.

July 30, 2012 at 12:44 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

She's a lying lesbo, deal with it. I should be jealous of an angry, bitchy, man-hating liberal lesbo's resume? She got where she is by hate. I laugh, she gets slaughtered every night by FOX NEWS!!

9PM P2+ (000s)  25-54 (000s)    35-64 (000s)

FNC Hannity 2,097 365 835 CNN Piers Morgan Tonight 736 157 248 MSNBC Rachel Maddow Show 888 265 406 CNBC CRIME INC: DEADLY PRSCRP 212 117 105 HLN Dr. Drew 292 91 185

MSLSD and Maddow are insignificant. Resume or not.

July 30, 2012 at 12:54 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

TFP should check ID's of Easy and Dude_

July 30, 2012 at 12:59 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

"She's a lying lesbo, deal with it. I should be jealous of an angry, bitchy, man-hating liberal lesbo's resume? She got where she is by hate. I laugh, she gets slaughtered every night by FOX NEWS!!"

Talk about hate! LMAO! Pot meet kettle.

You're hopeless.

July 30, 2012 at 1 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

That tape aired on 'Today', which is not broadcast on the MSNBC channel.

So you found one lie/error/ fabrication and you dismiss the whole network. Take a gander at this (I know you won't but it just shows how ignorant you truly are):

http://foxnewslies.net/

July 30, 2012 at 1:21 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Here's one of MSLSD blaming white racists for having weapons!

July 30, 2012 at 2:04 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Lots of color at MSLSD! Maybe that's why they got Al Sharpton.

July 30, 2012 at 2:16 p.m.
reliabilityguru said...

It's probably my fault since I cling to my religion and my guns.

July 30, 2012 at 2:17 p.m.
dude_abides said...

Outstanding, Jack_! Maybe we're not pure enough to post here, you Gestapo thug. Why don't you put your christianmingle.com avatar back up?

July 30, 2012 at 2:33 p.m.

Looks like today is a link party.

Should I post links to Mitt Romney's ability to offend Palestianians and Israelis in the same remark?

July 30, 2012 at 2:37 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

"By the time Romney left Israel for Poland on Monday, several Israeli and U.S. officials agreed that the Republican candidate had avoided any deeply embarrassing missteps, signaling that the trip may have been successful to expand Romney’s as more worldly and strong on foreign policy".

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/30/romney-offends-israel-and-palestine-with-economic-comparison.html

Big deal.

July 30, 2012 at 2:51 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

"While President Bush was not liked by many abroad, particularly the villains of the world like Venezuela’s Hugo Chavez, America was still respected for its strength both economically and militarily. Bush was also widely admired in some places. For example, in Sub-Saharan Africa, his groundbreaking initiative to bring new drugs to Africa to fight AIDS kept him popular throughout his presidency.

The world’s 2008 infatuation with Obama has quickly worn off. Today, at best President Obama is considered weak and ineffective, at worst he is ridiculed for his incompetence".

http://floridapundit.com/2010/11/embarrassing-moment-for-obama-no-korean-journalist-wants-to-ask-him-a-question/

These things are much more dangerous than a little flub in Israel.

July 30, 2012 at 3:02 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

"GM Ramps Up Risky Subprime Auto Loans To Drive Sales"

http://news.investors.com/article/620090/201207271807/gm-risky-subprime-auto-loans-fuel-sales.htm

It just keeps getting better. Good lord.

July 30, 2012 at 3:08 p.m.
joneses said...

Hey you bunch of worthless hypocritical liberals! Where is your outrage about Moochelle's $6800.00 jacket?

First lady Michelle Obama looked fit for a queen when she attended an Olympics reception at Buckingham Palace on July 27, and some critics are complaining that her silver embroidered jacket cost a king's ransom. Although not yet in stores, the white, capped sleeved number by J. Mendel lists for $6,800. "The jacket cost more than the average American family makes in a month ($4,284)," kvetched the conservative blog thegatewaypundit.com. "And, she does this as Americans continue to suffer through a deep recession and record unemployment." A commenter called Granny points out, "I had better not EVER hear another word about a mere $900 blouse on Mrs. Romney's back or Sarah Palin's $300 shoes. EVER."

July 30, 2012 at 3:25 p.m.

Ouch, quoting part of the article? Why not some other parts?

But what seemed like a factual way to lavish praise on wealthy Israelis, seemed to cloak the end of Romney’s Israeli tour in a series of negative news stories, in which both Israelis and Palestinians argued that Romney misunderstood the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

“It seems to me [Romney] lacks information, knowledge, vision, and understanding of this region and its people,” Saeb Erekat, a senior aide to Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas, told The Associated Press. “He also lacks knowledge about the Israelis themselves.”

Even Israelis themselves thought the statement could have been more artful and cognizant of the nuances of the age-old conflict. “I might have put it a bit differently,” Zalman Shoval, a former Israeli ambassador to the U.S., told the Daily Beast. “There’s no doubt about Israel’s economic achievement over the years, but I would not compare that to the Palestinian economy because obviously the Palestinian economy operates under different conditions.”

And just look at another take on it:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-fallout-continues-from-romneys-culture-remarks-in-israel-20120730,0,3048182.story

Romney's defense is especially telling;

As controversy over the statement grew, Romney’s campaign aides insisted that his words had been “mischaracterized.” In Monday’s remarks on how cultural differences might account for economic disparities, they noted, he had not singled out the Palestinians, but had also cited other “countries that are near or next to each other” that have large economic gaps, citing “Chile and Ecuador, Mexico and the United States."

Yeah, Romney, great, you're not limited in your chauvinism. Wonder of wonders!

joneses, sorry, but you've lost your credibility in complaining about Michelle Obama.

If you want to say all politicians should be dressed in the equivalent of hospital scrubs and made to live in a military barracks, feel free, but your continual lies and deceptions have made you unable to make any statement about Michelle Obama and be believed.

That's the problem with crying wolf. You should know better.

Besides, we know if she wore something else, you'd just be complaining about how she lacks taste and sophistication. In fact, you already did.

So what does that tell us?

Ah well, did you hear that Cheney said picking Palin was a mistake, but John McCain disagrees?

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-mccain-defends-sarah-palin-choice-after-dick-cheneys-criticisms-20120730,0,5415050.story

Also Cheney and both Bush's aren't going to be in Tampa. Why is that?

July 30, 2012 at 3:34 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

dude_: I don't remember any Christian Mingle avatar and I don't appreciated your remarks re the racial purity, etc.

BTW, the USA is getting "outgolded" in London. I'm sure dude_ and his blame America first crowd's hearts are all atwitter.

July 30, 2012 at 3:46 p.m.
dude_abides said...

Hey, Jack_, that's a clever shot. Oh wait, Clay already won that point. You must not have time to check the cartoon before you start posting.

July 30, 2012 at 5:03 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Gee, I thought "Clay" was talking about R's. I see the donkey now. You dolt.

July 30, 2012 at 5:13 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Easy,

I understand your point but I think you are missing Bennett's message. Too bad you are so busy making declarations that you cannot begin to comprehend what other people are saying.

July 30, 2012 at 5:15 p.m.
Easy123 said...

BRP,

I'm fully aware of Bennett's message and so are you. So aware, in fact, that you conceded the point of the cartoon with your own words. Why are you still trying to argue? Your words were clear. You have no argument and, apparently, you don't know when to just give up and/or shut up. But, by all means, keep going if you'd like.

July 30, 2012 at 5:24 p.m.
dude_abides said...

If RAFALCA! goes out early in the competition, it's reported that you guys will possibly, finally, learn who your veep candidate is! If the horse does well, it may take a little longer. Fortunately for Mitt, you guys are used to giving the rich "genuflection affection", so you'd vote for him even if he didn't announce until after the election.

July 30, 2012 at 5:41 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Easy,

I am pretty sure both of my dogs have better comprehension skills than you do!

July 30, 2012 at 6:11 p.m.
fairmon said...

Both parties are ranting about how bad deficits and debt is but those same people (congress) are the only ones that can spend and approve spending so why did those 535 people allow the debt and deficits to get so our of control? They say we must have only responsible regulation but some companies are straggling over redundantcy and duplication beyond reason but they allow therefore approve everyone of them.

435 in congress, 100 in the senate, 1 elected president and his VP are the only people with authority to initiate or create debt, deficits and regulations. A 100% replacement of incumbents regardless of party or party of the replacement would be appropriate. Add 9 supreme court justices and you have the 545 people that control everything within our government. They have abdicated their repsonsibility in many cases and called it delegating so they can blame someone else. It is sickening including the president and Romney acting like they can or will do anything about it.

July 30, 2012 at 7:49 p.m.
dude_abides said...

harp, I have to agree with your reasoned assessment of the situation. Regarding the Presidential race, I think the only way to decide would be to have a contest to see which man can sing Al Green the best.

July 30, 2012 at 8:19 p.m.
Easy123 said...

BRP,

You truly don't know when you have lost the argument. Bask in your ignorance.

July 30, 2012 at 8:46 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Easy: You are truly a pathetic little boy.

July 30, 2012 at 9:07 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JackTroll,

That is fantastic news.

July 30, 2012 at 9:10 p.m.

harp3339, Both Parties? That implies it is equal ranting, but actually, the reality isn't so, there's quite a discrepancy involved. There is one party trying to drive that conversation, because it gets voter interest riled up. Even though they don't actually fix things. Running on a platform of government being broken, and then going about making it so!

And for all the terrible regulations you allege are hindering some companies, there are some other companies that have free reign to exploit the regulations that do exist.

Still, you won't see 100% replacement, what we should go for would be an improved system that answers to the people more effectively than our current broken method that gives power entirely to one side just for getting the most votes in a single district.

July 30, 2012 at 9:53 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Here's a great idea for you libs, Why not have Obama fix the economy like he promised, and take this issue right off the table!

July 30, 2012 at 10:25 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Easy123 said... "You truly don't know when you have lost the argument. Bask in your ignorance."

I cannot lose an argument when I am simply stating my opinion. The only loss is the time wasted trying to get you to understand something. I suppose I should have reminded myself that you are just trolling, trying to create and argument for arguments sake.

Have a great life playing those kinds of stupid games Easy.

July 30, 2012 at 10:35 p.m.
Easy123 said...

BRP,

You stated your opinion. Then I pointed out that your opinion coincided with the opinion of the cartoonist, Clay Bennett. You attempted to argue that it didn't coincide with Bennett's, and I pointed out that you were wrong several times.

The only one here that doesn't understand is you. You apparently don't even know what an argument or "trolling" is either. This isn't the first time you've talked yourself into a fallacious argument and it won't be the last.

You're a moron.

July 30, 2012 at 10:59 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Toes,

Here's an even better idea: Stop being so naive and/or ignorant about how things (mostly government, public policy, economics, etc.) work.

July 30, 2012 at 11:04 p.m.
Jack_Dennis said...

Easy = troll

July 30, 2012 at 11:06 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JackTroll,

Cool.

July 30, 2012 at 11:08 p.m.

TOES02800, wonderful idea. Get John Boehner and at least half of his caucus on board, and a few Senators, and let Obama actually do things, then you'll be offering a genuine point to consider.

Of course the results won't be evident immediately, so I guess we'll need a time machine if we want this current election to be based on that outcome.

July 30, 2012 at 11:23 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.