published Thursday, May 24th, 2012

Accidental kitchen fire damages Hixson duplex

Fire damages duplex in Hixson
Fire damages duplex in Hixson
Photo by Contributed Photo /Chattanooga Times Free Press.
Follow us on Twitter for the latest breaking news

An accidental kitchen fire at a duplex in Hixson today resulted in no injuries, but about $50,000 in damage, authorities said.

Crews responded to a duplex fire in a kitchen this afternoon at 5430 Crestview Drive, Chattanooga Fire Department spokesman Bruce Garner said.

A pan of grease was left unattended on a lit stove eye, got too hot and burst into flames, according to Capt. Anthony Moore.

The flames had already spread into the attic before firefighters could get the blaze under control, Garner said. Most of the apartment, as well as the other side of the duplex, was saved, he said.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »


Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.