HIXSON, TN -- A local teenager is recovering after being exposed to a flesh eating bacteria called necrotizing fasciitis.
There are several cases making national headlines recently, including a Georgia girl who's had several amputations. Channel 3 talked to a girl in Hamilton County dealing with the scary bacteria.
17-year-old Kelsey Brown found out she had the flesh eating bacteria in January. She's since had surgery, but was able to avoid amputation because of one key detail.
Read more at WRCB.