Science, philanthropy and a variety of arts are represented in themes of regional children's camps that are registering now.
• June 4-15, Discovery Camp: Creative Discovery Museum, 321 Chestnut St. 8:30 a.m.-noon, for ages 7-10. Camp fee of $160 includes free one-year membership to museum. For reservations: 648-6045.
• June 4-8, Kids Arts Camp: Sponsored by Athens, Tenn., Area Council for the Arts. Two camps offered. Hours either week are 9 a.m.-2 p.m., concluding with 1 p.m. Friday program. Fee is $65 per camper.
• June 4-8 at Riceville Elementary School in Riceville, Tenn.
• June 11-15 at Westside Elementary School in Athens, Tenn.
Wednesday is last day to register for either week. 423-745-8781.
• June 5-July 26, Camp Joe Joe's: Joe Jumper, owner of The Clay Pot, 1311 Hanover St., and Nikki Russell lead three-day camps for boys and girls ages 5-12. Camp hours are 9 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays-Thursdays. Each three-day session is $125 per child.
• Camp sessions start June 5, 12, 19 and 26; July 10, 17 and 24. To register: 265-2007.
• All day campers and families invited to closing party, Jammin' Joe Joe's End of Summer Party, in Riverview Park on July 26.
• June 11-22, Kids Science Camps: Dalton State College, Dalton, Ga., Camps for ages 7-10, $110 per session, $200 for both. Preregistration required: 706-272-4473.
• Session A: Classes on oceans, plants, minerals, human anatomy, math puzzles; June 11-15, 2-5 p.m.
• Session B: Classes in chemistry, birds, fossils, motion and machines, science mysteries; June 18-22, 2-5 p.m.
• July 30-Aug. 3, Philanthropy Camp: Jewish Cultural Center, 5461 North Terrace, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Fee of $100 first camper, $90 each additional camper. For rising first- through six-graders. Preregister: 493-0270.