published Saturday, January 25th, 2014

Traffic Problems

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

133
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
TOES02800 said...

The GOP is stopping people from voting huh? Is that why the dems won the white House twice in a row and own the senate?

The dems are just preparing their excuse for the next election. If they lose, it MUST be voter fraud. Pathetic attempt Bennett.

January 25, 2014 at 1:12 a.m.
TOES02800 said...

Progressive Vote Fraud and Intimidation EXPOSED

Ex-ACORN worker: 'I paid the price' for voter registration fraud

"SEATTLE, Washington (CNN) -- Clifton Mitchell helped register nearly 2,000 voters for the community group ACORN. But not one of them actually existed".

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/22/voter.fraud/

Why Democrats Really Oppose Voter ID …

"Essentially, according to the Left, from the Democrats to their allies in the media, Black people, as opposed to Asian Americans and Whites lack the mental capacity to take a valid photo ID to the polls. Make no mistake – this is the liberal argument at its core, and they know it, which is why they simply skip past how they came to this conclusion and simply assert that Voter ID is Jim Crow come again."

http://www.redstate.com/martin_a_knight/2013/08/17/why-democrats-oppose-voter-id/

January 25, 2014 at 1:53 a.m.
SeaSmokie59er said...

The best way to beat Manning is to keep him off the field. The GOP figures that the only way they can defeat Hillary is by denying (make difficult) her base the opportunity vote. Or claim she not a citizen.

January 25, 2014 at 4:29 a.m.
fairmon said...

The traffic jam on the bridge is nothing compared to the delays in investigating and airing of investigations to assure Christie is not cleared before the national campaigns start to rev up for the race. The democrats can will assure he is not the republican they will oppose. The republicans can do the same with Hilary by making sure people get to know the real Hilary. They both have enough fat and mouth to self destruct.

It would be refreshing to see either party with a candidate that is not already in the inner circles of politics. Why are congress and governors the only source of candidates? Why would the DNC or RNC not be receptive to an intelligent hard working successful non political and credible person as a candidate? The power brokers and media will decide who the candidates are and who is elected. The so called debates are a farce.

January 25, 2014 at 5:54 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

SeaSmoke, If I deciphered your post correctly, I would suggest to you that the lying, opportunist, incompetent, ugly, evil hag that is the Hilldebeast has run her course. Put her away wet. (yuck)

January 25, 2014 at 8:28 a.m.
dude_abides said...

fairmon said... "The traffic jam on the bridge is nothing compared to the delays in investigating and airing of investigations to assure Christie is not cleared before the national campaigns start..."

I think I get it! If you're caught speeding, it's the cops fault that you're late to your appointment, because he took too long writing your ticket. It's a shame that couldn't have been foreseen. Maybe we could put a time limit on justice!

January 25, 2014 at 8:42 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Sure wish the press had spent this amount of time vetting El Presidente.

January 25, 2014 at 8:44 a.m.
dude_abides said...

Christie's so fat, he blocks other peoples' arteries! lol

PlainTruth said... "(yuck)." Maybe he should have said yuck more often in his life.

January 25, 2014 at 8:51 a.m.
rick1 said...

"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything." Joseph Stalin

Liberals love to follow the words of their heroes.

January 25, 2014 at 8:55 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Little early for you, dude_. Not working the shelters this morning?

January 25, 2014 at 8:59 a.m.
dude_abides said...

Governor LDL! Takin' it to the streets!

January 25, 2014 at 9:10 a.m.
dude_abides said...

Colossus of Roads! OMG

January 25, 2014 at 9:15 a.m.
MickeyRat said...

Ha ha ha. Yea Dude.

Gov. Christie’s so fat that he uses two MTA buses for roller-skates.

January 25, 2014 at 9:27 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

fatshaming The latest rage from the tolerant left.

January 25, 2014 at 9:29 a.m.
dude_abides said...

fatshamingshaming The latest rage from flatulent middle.

January 25, 2014 at 9:48 a.m.
MickeyRat said...

Righteeo Salacious B. Crumb.

Gov. Christie recently signed the toughest anti-bullying law in the nation. Then someone yelled out HA HA HA -- Hey Governor --- you’ve got a GIRLS name!

January 25, 2014 at 9:52 a.m.
fairmon said...

dudeabide said.. It's a shame that couldn't have been foreseen. Maybe we could put a time limit on justice!

A fair and speedy trial is a right? We need to require the person filing a suit that does not prevail to pay the legal cost of the defendant.

January 25, 2014 at 10:14 a.m.
MickeyRat said...

The 'Dude' said, "The latest rage from flatulent middle."

More like the flatulent bottom.

January 25, 2014 at 10:23 a.m.
dude_abides said...

"Even as the investigation continues to swirl around Christie and his 2016 prospects dim, he continues to be a national player for the Republican Party. While polls show that Christie's favorability has dropped 19 points since November, the Republican Governor's Association announced the New Jersey governor would travel to Utah, Texas, Illinois and Massachusetts to fundraise on its behalf. And last weekend Christie headlined fundraisers in Florida.

There are some rumblings among those in the party that an embattled governor should not be campaigning and that it may be time for Christie to put on the brakes. Former Virginia Republican gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli told CNN that Christie should step down from his leadership role with the RGA."

Questioned while dining on blackfish and dolphin at a local eatery, Christie said, "I will release emails when I damn well feel like it. You (unintelligible eating noises) better watch your (unintelligible) or you'll be the next thing on my (unintelligible) plate! Waiter! Here's a tip... (extended gas release) ..buy stock in the Rockefeller Group! Where's my damn shark fin?"

January 25, 2014 at 10:26 a.m.
LibDem said...

Wouldn't it have been interesting if the media had spent a few minutes looking into Mr. Obama's birth certificate?

January 25, 2014 at 10:31 a.m.
SeaSmokie59er said...

PT- You meant to say; Madam President.

January 25, 2014 at 10:31 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Won't happen, Sea. Sorry.

January 25, 2014 at 10:38 a.m.
LibDem said...

From TOES02800's video above: "There are no known instances of fictitious people actually voting..."

January 25, 2014 at 10:40 a.m.
dude_abides said...

fairmon said... "We need to require the person filing a suit that does not prevail to pay the legal cost of the defendant."

I'm sure Wildstein would be interested (though this isn't a lawsuit) since the Port Authority just told him to shove it, when he asked that they pay his legal fees.

January 25, 2014 at 10:40 a.m.

Another case of "projection" by a liberal. What the hell are you leftists babbling about? Who's keeping the Democrats from voting. You've had your far left jackass elected twice in a row for POTUS? You're paranoid. Nobody stopped you then. What you really want is to have no one oppose you, you just want a dictatorship.

You mean like the way Democrats tried to prevent military votes from being counted.

You own voter fraud.

You're a bunch of pajama boys. Even when you win you continue to bitch because you didn't win by enough and someone had the audacity to oppose you're anointed candidates.

This 2014, the election is in 2016. Christie is not the nominee. You want to pick the GOP nominee. Like when Democrats switched over and voted for McCain in 2008 in the NH primary so you could give him momentum. You're pathetic and transparent.

You've decided Christie is the nominee, and that now you're already won.

Your martyr Hillary ( i looked the other way while my husband gets bj's and rapes women, so i can get his help when i run for president) is probably going to win easily because she has the full force of the liberal media, and Hollywood, backing her up. You think it's up to you to select who the stooge is who will run against her. You act as if the Rinos, which control the GOP, are that much different than you, and that they're a real threat. Cut out the act.

A real contest would be Ted Cruz vs Hillary Clinton, not Christie vs Clinton, that's just sacrificing a a hog to her for her amusement.

January 25, 2014 at 11:11 a.m.
limric said...

Zableedofisterix,

None of the three you mentioned, Ted Cruz, Hillary Clinton or Chris Christie will be nominated.

January 25, 2014 at 11:19 a.m.

limric, probably so. I know the GOP won't nominate Cruz. Christie is a buffoon, and Hillary I'm not sure.

January 25, 2014 at 11:25 a.m.

Whoever wins will do nothing about the intrusion into our lives by the Government. They'll probably do nothing about the NSA. In fact, it'll probably get worse. Once the government finds more ways to control and intrude there's no going back.

January 25, 2014 at 11:30 a.m.
jesse said...

Don't be surprised if Corker winds up being a factor!

January 25, 2014 at 11:38 a.m.
limric said...

Most of the talk about Hillary Clinton being the likely Democratic candidate is coming from Republicans, not Democrats. Republicans want Hillary to run. Democrats don't.

Realistically, she can't win. She has more skeletons than a grave yard and is a stealth Wall Street pimp. Rank & file Democrats know that.

However...

Never underestimate the stupidity (malfeasance if you will)of the Democratic Party.

January 25, 2014 at 11:42 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^^ true

January 25, 2014 at 11:52 a.m.
dude_abides said...

What about reMitt? Y'all tired of Romney grits? Corker and Graham will kill Cruz's chances by any means necessary. Good God, is there nobody on the GOP horizon that's not a guaranteed silver medalist?

January 25, 2014 at 11:56 a.m.
jesse said...

Hey Dude, The Dems ain't in any better shape!Who they got besides Hillery?? BIDEN? Reid? Warren say's she AIN'T runnin and i think she means it so there ya got it!!After 8 years of Obama all the repubs gotta do if bring forth a viable candidate and they got it!whether they are capable of doing that is the question!!

January 25, 2014 at 12:04 p.m.

I don't think it matters at all how many skeletons Hillary has in her closet. The sheeple are so numbed to all the scandals and dishonesty over the years, because the liberal media has downplayed them, that they're actually ok with it, as long as they get some trinkets tossed their way.

She's just an old lady version of BO. Just as far left, just as interested in intruding in our lives as BO. There's a movie, The Lives of others, which is about the Stasi, and how they intrude in the private lives of East Germans in the 70's. That's where we're headed.

January 25, 2014 at 12:09 p.m.
yddem said...

I must disagree, limric and pt, I think the dems are so taken with having a woman for prez that they will nominate The Hillster and expect her to win. She would have the substantial help of the First Gentleman in waiting [!] in getting out the vote (like him or not, he can still bring it). And who else do the dems have, after all? Whether she would win depends on who the repubs nominate. I think they have several viable candidates, but I doubt they will nominate one of them.

January 25, 2014 at 12:23 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

name a couple viable R's, yd.

January 25, 2014 at 12:28 p.m.
limric said...

The Lives of Others. Great movie! I strongly urge everyone to see it.

She is not, nor is Obama far left. You may think they are because 'the conservative media' has portrayed them as such. The reality however is decidedly different.

Peel back the facade. You'll see.

Regarding your contention that we are headed inexorably towards a post war East German type state. I wholeheartedly concur.

The signs are everywhere. Hidden in plain sight.

January 25, 2014 at 12:29 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

lim, honest question. would your preference be someone more to the left?

January 25, 2014 at 12:37 p.m.
yddem said...

pt, here are four: Shrub 3, Boss Fan (jury waiting), The Desperado, Marco.

January 25, 2014 at 12:42 p.m.
limric said...

A little more to the left than what?

January 25, 2014 at 12:44 p.m.
rick1 said...

zableedofisterix said "She's just an old lady version of BO. Just as far left, just as interested in intruding in our lives as BO."

And both Killary and BO are like Lenin and Stalin. Look at the quotes from all four and its apparent Killary and BO have the goals and agenda Lenin and Stalin had.

Lenin: "The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation."

"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."

"Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted."

"The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament."

"The best way to destroy the capitalist system is to debauch the currency."

"The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses."

"Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism."

"Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever."

"There are no morals in politics; there is only expedience. A scoundrel may be of use to us just because he is a scoundrel."

"Democracy is indispensable to socialism."

"It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed."

Stalin

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

"We don't let them have ideas. Why would we let them have guns?"

"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem."

"Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed."

"When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use."

"If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves."

"The only real power comes out of a long rifle."

Continued:

January 25, 2014 at 12:44 p.m.
rick1 said...

Obama

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times."2

"Generally, the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties."3

"If you've got a business - you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."2

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."4

"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."5

"I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program."6

"I think the trick is figuring out how do we structure government systems that pool resources and hence facilitate some redistribution because I actually believe in redistribution..."7

"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun."8

"...We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us."9

Hillary Clinton

"We are going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."

"It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, for the few, and to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity."

"We can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."

"We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own turf in order to create this common ground."

"I certainly think the free market has failed."

"I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in the entire economy, that they are being watched."

"What I want to do is take those profits and apply them to alternative energy."

"I really believe that it takes a village to raise a child.10"

"I also believe that every new handgun sale or transfer should be registered in a national registry...11"

http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/01/in_their_own_words_lenin_stalin_obama_and_hillary.html

January 25, 2014 at 12:46 p.m.

Well, yeah, it's a facade. What it really is that they run as socialists, but are really dictators or facists, or whatever. BO is transparent. He would fit right in with the Stasi. I don't think there is a conservative media. It isn't organized and in sync like the general, liberal media.

Folks like Limbaugh and Mark Levin have pointed out, and which I've heard them say, that this is a push toward tyranny, rather than to socialism. Many police states evolve from socialist states, history proves it. Limbaugh and Levin have both mentioned the movie The Lives of Others.

January 25, 2014 at 12:50 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

limric: of Hills or Obama. That's who you referenced.

The desperado??

January 25, 2014 at 12:53 p.m.
dude_abides said...

How about Bahbi Jindaal from Louisiana? He has exploded onto the scene.

January 25, 2014 at 12:55 p.m.
jesse said...

Looks to me like anybody on here that's over say 50 years old and has been payin attn would know it don't matter who gets elected it's just gonna be more of the same! It's not about left or right ideologies, it's about "control"! They pander to the bloc they think can help keep them in power! But once in all bets are off for a coupla years and then back into B/S mode!!The bottom line is they don't give a rats ass about you or the horse you rode in on EXCEPT at election time!!

January 25, 2014 at 12:57 p.m.
limric said...

What I referenced was:

"She (Clinton) is not, nor is Obama far left. You may think they are because 'the conservative media' has portrayed them as such. The reality however is decidedly different."

January 25, 2014 at 12:57 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Whoever wins will do nothing about the intrusion into our lives by the Government. They'll probably do nothing about the NSA. In fact, it'll probably get worse. Once the government finds more ways to control and intrude there's no going back."

When they first passed the Patriot Act over a decade ago, not a peep from the right, in fact, many people's patriotism was blasted for publicly opposing it. Now the right is worried about government snooping? WTF did they think was going to happen when the PA was passed. We gave up a portion of our freedom under the guise of being protected from terrorism. The most despicable thing Obama has done during his terms was to renew that legislation. You guys should have starting bitching back in 2001; it's too late now.

Change your name to PlainHypocrite:

"fatshaming The latest rage from the tolerant left."

Pot meet kettle:

"...ugly, evil hag that is the Hilldebeast has run her course. Put her away wet."

January 25, 2014 at 12:58 p.m.

It's been a slow slide toward a police state. With each new administration it gets worse. I voted for Bush, twice, because it would be worse than Gore, or that idiot Kerry. I think I'm correct about that. I believe so-called lefties, like Gore, BO and Hillary, can more easily evolve into tyrants. You have to have a screw loose to want to control the daily lives of millions and millions of people.

January 25, 2014 at 12:59 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Ok, limric. Clearly you are dodging the question. no problem

January 25, 2014 at 1:03 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

gassy: I referenced one person. dude_ is attacking a significant portion of society. you're a nit picker.

January 25, 2014 at 1:05 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

I guess you're right about Gore and Kerry, Zableeder. The two of them probably would have gotten us into two trillion-dollar wars and presided over the worst recession since the Great Depression.

January 25, 2014 at 1:11 p.m.

Gauss, that's crap. How do you know there wasn't a peep? How do you know I and other conservatives were ok with it? You say hypocrite, are you kidding? Your man BO is the biggest hypocrite of all. He foamed at the mouth before he was president about intrusion into our lives, now he's taken it to a whole new level. Under BO it's gone far, far beyond the Patriot Act. He loves it. He loves using the IRS as a posse to intimidate.

January 25, 2014 at 1:14 p.m.
rick1 said...

If Killary and Christie Cream are the nominees you will be voting for the lesser of the two evils, and is a vote for the status quo.

Sadly there are too many people who are happy with giving up their liberties in exchange for the security of the government.

By the time people wake up it will be to late.

limric, sorry I have to disagree on Killary and Obama not being far left. They would nothing better then being Dictators.

January 25, 2014 at 1:18 p.m.
dude_abides said...

yddem... What a POS Walker is. A link that included that pic was very informative.

January 25, 2014 at 1:19 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

PlainTruth, I would say a "significant portion of society" is ugly as well. But since Hillary isn't a "moderate", then it is acceptable for the insults???

January 25, 2014 at 1:19 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

You're making so sense, Gassy. Need Beano.

January 25, 2014 at 1:21 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Zableed, you admitted to voting for him again. If you were so against it, why vote for Bush a second time. And conservatives sure seemed to rally behind Bush in 2004, where were the "conservatives" that opposed the PA then?

January 25, 2014 at 1:23 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

What "doesn't make sense" PT? You say it is wrong to insult Christie's weight because there are so many obese people in our country and I say it is wrong to insult Hillary's look because there are so many ugly people in the country. There are no big words that I used or any ambiguity in the post. The only way I can take it is that you hold others to a higher standard than you hold yourself. Stay classy.

January 25, 2014 at 1:27 p.m.

Gore is a genuine crackpot, it's been proven since the election.

To say that Bush is responsible for our economic problems is ludicrous. It's been building up since Jimmy Carter. BO has done nothing but make it worse, and has destroyed the future of generations to come. His solution is just to print money, and allow illegal aliens into the country.

Still blaming Bush, huh? Gore is a scam artist, a sweaty maniac, and a hypocrite.

What has BO done? He pranced around like a preening fool, self-promoting, beating his sunken chest in because Bin Laden was killed under his watch. He's interjected himself into more countries in the Middle East, backed radical Muslims, and is responsible for the deaths of an ambassador and many soldiers in Benghazi. Yes, he's responsible. If he had any balls, he would say the buck stops here, but he won't because he's just eunuch who cares only about his celebrity status. The first "selfie" president, the first "knockout" president, and the first president whose wife could kick his ass. Well, I think Bill Clinton might claim otherwise.

January 25, 2014 at 1:29 p.m.
dude_abides said...

PlainTruth said... "dude_ is attacking a significant portion of society."

Did you really just use the phrase 'significant portion?'

Did you really just do that just now, just then, really?

January 25, 2014 at 1:31 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

gassy, let me use small words. The Hilldebeast is one person. Overweight people are multiple people. One is one, and multiple is more than one. You're the math whizz (you and alpo), you should get it. What I said was offensive (I hope) to one person. Insulting a large % of the population is quite another. Again, you're nit picking to the max.

January 25, 2014 at 1:35 p.m.
dude_abides said...

PlainTruth said... "Overweight people are multiple people."

Please, God, stop. I'm wiping tears. Stop.

January 25, 2014 at 1:40 p.m.
rick1 said...

Socialism

Fascism

Communism

Obamaisim

The lower you go the worse it gets.

January 25, 2014 at 1:43 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Sounds like a BS excuse to me PT. And your ad hominem arguments are predictable.

Zableed, you are side-stepping my question. Gore was never part of what I asked. The Patriot Act was passed after Bush defeated Gore in the 2000 election and Gore did not run again in 2004.

And if you are such a "buck stops here sort of guy" and you hold Obama "responsible for the attacks in Benghazi" do you hold Reagan responsible for the attacks on the Marine barracks in Lebanon? I don't remember a "buck stops here" moment from Reagan after that tragedy.

January 25, 2014 at 1:52 p.m.

Whoever is at the top it should be the bucks stops here. You liberals always bring up someone else when you have to deal with criticism of your man. You assume that everyone who criticizes BO is automatically ok with someone of another of another party in a similar situation. You brought up Reagan, I didn't. Bringing up Reagan is just a diversion to avoid BO's gross lack of character and irresponsibility. Who said Gore is responsible for the Patriot act? BO is president now, he has been since '08, deal with it.

BO is an "extra legal" president, he's "extra-constitutional" as well. You, and everyone should be worried at the president he's setting. He openly says he will go around congress to get his way, and he has. He picks and chooses what portions of a law to enforce. He's not supposed to do that. He's defying the Constitution. I don't care who's in there, from whatever party, we should all be alarmed. We have a jackass in the WH who feels he can do what he wants. That's abuse of power, and will lead to a police state. It's playing out. Worst of all, the press will not call him out on it, and when some conservatives do, they're called racist, and BO follows up his whining about talk radio.

January 25, 2014 at 2:10 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Walker minimized the role of unions, now the state of Wisconsin has a budget surplus of $912 million. The unemployment rate there is falling and now he's planning to cut income and property taxes.

No wonder liberals hate Walker. It took a republican to get a blue state back on the right track.

January 25, 2014 at 2:21 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

"what about Bush" "What about Reagan".............freakin' cry-tits

January 25, 2014 at 2:24 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man, your arguments all fall apart the minute you fail to address any comparison to another President, specifically a Republican President.

Nearly everyone who cheers for the Republicans always fail to hold their leaders to the same standards when comparing them to Obama.

It's so obvious.

While GWB was in office, attacks on consulate locations took the lives of approximately 280 people, but those lives lost are never mentioned.

Four lost their lives in Benghazi and all hell breaks loose in the conservative communities.

Granted, the four were Americans, but what difference does it make? A life lost is a life lost, except when you are a Republican sympathizer.

I think everyone gets that you don't like our current President, but your cited reasons for doing so are wearing thin.

Why not just come out and admit that you don't like having a non-white President and because he isn't white, there is nothing at all he could ever do right, that would ever gain a nod of approval from yourself?

January 25, 2014 at 2:25 p.m.

Toes, right. He's not just a Republican, he's putting conservative principles into action, and he's putting his words into action. That's possible on the state level, but there's so much corruption and crony capitalism on the federal level that it's never going to happen there. There's a huge difference between Republicans on the state scene and Republicans on the national scene. You can even say that about Democrats. When your closer to your community and neighbors you're more accountable.

January 25, 2014 at 2:26 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

"In 2011, Wisconsin had a whopping deficit of $3.6 billion dollars. But a cooperate tax cut and collective bargaining reforms invigorated the state economy. Now, the state is boasting a $911 million surplus, credited to “good stewardship of the taxpayers’ money.”

Damn him!!!!

http://spectator.org/blog/57525/wisconsin-thrives-under-scott-walker

January 25, 2014 at 2:28 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Alpo and the race card. So predictable. And so lame.

January 25, 2014 at 2:29 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Yeah alpo. With 90+ million people not working, foodstamp recipients at all time highs, Obamacare sucking the disposable income out of our pockets, foreign policy in complete shambles, The country's so called misery index at an all time high........

Yeah, it's GOT to be because he's black!!!

January 25, 2014 at 2:40 p.m.
rick1 said...

Al, do you disagree with Dr. Ben Carson because he is black?

January 25, 2014 at 2:49 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Obama To Address Global Warming In Coldest SOU Address In History

PLEASE, DO IT BARRY!!! I may actually watch it for the comedic value.

January 25, 2014 at 2:50 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

PlainTruth said...

Alpo and the race card. So predictable. And so lame.

Cut Al some slack ... that’s all he has left.

January 25, 2014 at 2:57 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

Sitting at the feet of their messiah while they rock back and forth, rubbing the race card as if it was their official Fleabagger rosary beads.

January 25, 2014 at 3 p.m.
rick1 said...

Al, likes to go back to when Bush was in office and talk about attacks on Embassies and how many people were killed. What Al fails to mention is the lying about the cause of the attack in Benghadzi,and the cover up.

In the attacks to embassies during the Bush Administration there was one American killed who was a Diplomat. The others killed were guards at the embassy who were killed in the line of duty or they were innocent bystanders who were killed from the explosions.

January 25, 2014 at 3:06 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

SeaSmokie59er said...

The best way to beat Manning is to keep him off the field. The GOP figures that the only way they can defeat Hillary is by denying (make difficult) her base the opportunity vote. Or claim she not a citizen.

Love the balance of your analogies.

January 25, 2014 at 3:06 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Whoever is at the top it should be the bucks stops here. You liberals always bring up someone else when you have to deal with criticism of your man. You assume that everyone who criticizes BO is automatically ok with someone of another of another party in a similar situation. You brought up Reagan, I didn't. Bringing up Reagan is just a diversion to avoid BO's gross lack of character and irresponsibility."

Zableed, I bring it up, because as I correctly surmised, you "conservatives" hold Obama (and any other democratic president) to different standards than you hold republican presidents. This is what you said in a previous post:

"...and is responsible for the deaths of an ambassador and many soldiers in Benghazi. Yes, he's responsible. If he had any balls, he would say the buck stops here"

So I brought up Reagan, because I would predict that you would say that Reagan was a "buck-stops-here" guy. I would also predict that you would say Reagan had balls. Yet, when 241 US servicemen were killed in 1983, Reagan pulled the US from Lebanon. There was no, "buck stops here" moment. Yet Reagan is a hero to conservatives and you list this as a reason to hate Obama. Do you hold Reagan responsible for the deaths in Lebanon? If you don't, you are just a hypocrite by your own words.

You also changed the subject on why you voted for Bush a second time if you are so adamantly opposed to government snooping.

Toes, are you counting children, retirees, and the disabled in the "90+ million unemployed"? Sounds dishonest to me.

January 25, 2014 at 3:17 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

And I compare Reagan to Obama because if you truly look at their time as presidents, they aren't that different.

January 25, 2014 at 3:23 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Hillary Clinton couldn't carry George Shultz's piss water.

January 25, 2014 at 3:26 p.m.
fairmon said...

Are both parties trying to select candidates that look like or remind people of their mascot (mule/Hilary is a good choice and elephant/Christie is just as good) That may be as good as any other selection criteria since no president really controls anything, he/she is just a mouth piece for the D.C. power brokers. It is unfortunate for both of them that people tend to favor the prettiest male or female candidate that can play to the camera and say best what they want to hear. I will take theirs and give it to you plays well so a serious candidate needs to be selecting the best way to say it.

January 25, 2014 at 3:46 p.m.
dude_abides said...

TOES02800 said...

"...piss water."

I don't care what the subject is, that's just unassailable argumentation.

January 25, 2014 at 4:12 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Toes, from your link:

"The BLS counts a person as participating in the labor force if they are 16 years or older and either have a job or have actively sought a job in the last four weeks. A person is not participating in the labor force if they are 16 or older and have not sought a job in the last four weeks."

So they are counting retirees, teenagers still in high school, and the disabled. Thanks for the clarification.

January 25, 2014 at 4:22 p.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "Al, do you disagree with Dr. Ben Carson because he is black?"

Is this where I am supposed to answer with something that will allow you to trap me into a corner?

I don't listen to Doctor Ben Carson. I know of the man, but we don't seem to speak the same language, so I defer to people with a little more intelligence.

He's clearly been brainwashed like a bunch of other people.

January 25, 2014 at 4:48 p.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "Al, likes to go back to when Bush was in office and talk about attacks on Embassies and how many people were killed. What Al fails to mention is the lying about the cause of the attack in Benghadzi,and the cover up."

If you believe that, then you be sure to get back to me whenever so much as one indictment is ever handed down.

The talking points raised in the first few days were hand to the White House by the same intelligence community that allegedly provided the proof that Saddam Hussein had chemical weapons.

"In the attacks to embassies during the Bush Administration there was one American killed who was a Diplomat. The others killed were guards at the embassy who were killed in the line of duty or they were innocent bystanders who were killed from the explosions."

And as you have just shown, the deaths of anyone who is not American is meaningless and not worthy of trivial pursuit.

January 25, 2014 at 4:53 p.m.
alprova said...

Toes02800 wrote: "Hillary Clinton couldn't carry George Shultz's piss water."

It's really going to tick you off to hear everyone refer to her as "Madam President," isn't it?

Your misery only outweighs your patheticism.

January 25, 2014 at 4:57 p.m.
rick1 said...

Al, please tell me who you listen to who is more intelligent then Dr. Carson.

Explain how you know he has been brainwashed.

January 25, 2014 at 5:04 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

hope everybody over here has an up-to-date rabies inoculation.

January 25, 2014 at 5:14 p.m.
alprova said...

rick1 wrote: "Al, please tell me who you listen to who is more intelligent then Dr. Carson."

Carrot Top

"Explain how you know he has been brainwashed."

Explaining that to you would be very much like explaining prostitution to a prostitute.

January 25, 2014 at 5:19 p.m.
rick1 said...

Al, newly declassified documents show Obama knew shortly after the attack that it was a terror attack yet Obama, Hillary and Susan Rice continued to lied to the American people for two weeks blaming it on a video.

Al posted "Granted, the four were Americans, but what difference does it make? A life lost is a life lost, except when you are a Republican sympathizer."

You are the one who does not give a damn about Americans getting killed. Did you feel the same way when your uncle was killed in Vietnam?

January 25, 2014 at 5:19 p.m.
dude_abides said...

alprova said... "Explaining that to you would be very much like explaining prostitution to a prostitute."

lmao

January 25, 2014 at 5:28 p.m.
rick1 said...

Al responded to the following:

rick1 wrote: "Al, please tell me who you listen to who is more intelligent then Dr. Carson."

Carrot Top

"Explain how you know he has been brainwashed."

Explaining that to you would be very much like explaining prostitution to a prostitute.

That is a very cheesy response especially since you always right a thesis. But it doesn't surprise me since you are trying to hide the fact you do not agree with Dr. Carson because he is a black conservative. How dare he leave the government plantation and think for himself.

January 25, 2014 at 5:34 p.m.
limric said...

Ok PlainTruth, Clearly you didn’t understand the answer. No problem.

January 25, 2014 at 5:57 p.m.
limric said...

Rick1,

Dictators, I don’t think so. King or queen, yea ok.

More often than not dictators are RIGHT WING. Almost every Dictator would be considered a Conservative by almost any standard of comparison. I can't think of any Dictators (possibly Stalin or Mao) that wouldn't be considered Conservative.

Like these --- right wing--- dictators.

Adolf Hitler,
Emperor Bao Dai, Ngo Dinh Diem, Chiang Kai-shek, Syngman Rhee, Park Chung Hee, General Chun Doo Hwan, Laurent Kabila, Idi Amin, General Sani Abacha, Francisco Franco, General Humberto Castelo Branco Marco Vinicio Cerezo Arévalo, Roberto Suazo C?rdova, Anastasio Somoza, General Suharto, Colonel Hugo Banzer Suarez
Augusto Ugarte Pinnochet, Fulgencio Batista, P.W. Botha Saddam Hussein, Muammar al-Qaddafi, Rafael Leonidas Molina Trujillo, Porfirio Diaz, Manuel Noriega, Anwar Saddat, Hosni Mubarak, King Hussein, King Abdulla, Francois Duvalier (known as Papa Doc), Jean-Claude Duvalier (known as Baby Duc), Reza Muhammed Shah Pahlawi, (up until 1979), Augusto Pinochet, General Miguel Ydigoras,

Forgot about them, didn’t ya? Not such a particularly classy bunch you wannna be associated with, is it?

January 25, 2014 at 6:01 p.m.
jesse said...

What about Pol pot,Ho Chi Mihn,Fidel Castro ,Raul Castro? Just off the top of my head!End result is the same all are tyrants!

January 25, 2014 at 6:22 p.m.
rick1 said...

limric,

I do not want to be associated with any dictator, unlike the Hollywood liberals and others like Jimmy Carter who love them.

January 25, 2014 at 6:41 p.m.
yddem said...

toes said "Hillary Clinton couldn't carry George Shultz's piss water." It is unlikely that Secretary Schultz would ever have asked her to do such.

You are free to hold The Hillster responsible for the deaths of 4 Americans at the consulate in Benghazi. You have that right. She did not place those Americans in Benghazi, however. She was the Secretary of State when Ambassador Stevens decided to go to the consulate without requesting any additional security. He was privy to the same information she had about the events in Libya and other parts of the Middle East at that time.

You are also free to exonerate Ronald Reagan and George Schultz from any responsibility for the deaths of 241 Americans in Beirut (220 Marines, the most killed in one day since Iwo Jima).You have that right. Reagan placed those Americans in Lebanon, however, and Schultz was his Secretary of State.

January 25, 2014 at 6:42 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said....

I don't listen to Doctor Ben Carson. I know of the man, but we don't seem to speak the same language, so I defer to people with a little more intelligence.

He's clearly been brainwashed like a bunch of other people.

That does make one wonder whose brain has been washed? Let me make sure I understand this...You don't listen to him but conclude he has been brain washed. That is quite a feat. Does this mean you have reached a conclusion and will not consider any information that may cause you to expend energy thinking about it?

It says to me any minority not accepting the democrat party line or disagreeing with alprova has been brain washed which is not the same as calling them uncle, right?

I have seen him on two interviews and he is much more intelligent than Obama even if you don't agree with him. How many times have you seen Obama without a prepared speech and winging it? He can't handle that worth a crap if a question is outside the prepared and practiced talking points.

January 25, 2014 at 7:34 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said... "Explaining that to you would be very much like explaining prostitution to a prostitute."

Surely you are not claiming to also be well versed on that subject? No wonder you were such a strong defender of Weiner who BTW repeated his indiscretion.

January 25, 2014 at 7:39 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

inquiringmind said...

hope everybody over here has an up-to-date rabies inoculation.

For God’s sake .... You plan on biting somebody?

January 25, 2014 at 7:47 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

yddem said...

toes said "Hillary Clinton couldn't carry George Shultz's piss water." It is unlikely that Secretary Schultz would ever have asked her to do such.

Because she couldn’t?

You are free to hold The Hillster responsible for the deaths of 4 Americans at the consulate in Benghazi. You have that right.

O.K. ... we will

She did not place those Americans in Benghazi, however.

How do you know she didn’t?

She was the Secretary of State when Ambassador Stevens decided to go to the consulate without requesting any additional security. He was privy to the same information she had about the events in Libya and other parts of the Middle East at that time.

He and the other three dead Americans essentially pointed the guns to their own heads and pulled the trigger ... didn’t they? (I know ... but it’s just a figure of speech)

You are also free to exonerate Ronald Reagan and George Schultz from any responsibility for the deaths of 241 Americans in Beirut (220 Marines, the most killed in one day since Iwo Jima).You have that right. Reagan placed those Americans in Lebanon, however, and Schultz was his Secretary of State.

They were in charge and thus responsible even though they were assured by their military leaders that security was sufficient. However that doesn’t get them off the hook since you Fleabaggers continue to employ it as part of your fallacious Tu Quoque arguments ... Right?

January 25, 2014 at 8:14 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

limric said...

Like these --- right wing--- dictators.

List War ! ... Yee-haw !!!

January 25, 2014 at 8:17 p.m.
dude_abides said...

The former chief of staff for Senator Lamar Alexander took his own life on Thursday.

Authorities said 35-year-old R.t. Tu Quoque was found hanged at his parents' home in Maryland.

He had been dismissed from the Alexander staff last month after he was arrested for possessing and distributing child pornography.

He was found in the basement of the house at Sykesville, Md.

Senator Alexander was feeding hard drives to a wood chipper and unavailable for comment.

January 25, 2014 at 8:30 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

dude_abides said...

Tu Quoque

Sometimes I wish I had selected that as my screen name. As I have read in some past posts it is a term that drives Fleabaggers batsh!t crazy ... Right?

January 25, 2014 at 8:48 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

LibDem said...

From TOES02800's video above: "There are no known instances of fictitious people actually voting..."

It said that? ... Really? ... Nobody ever? .... Maybe they forgot people voting for the dead, voting multiple times, disqualified voters, packing ballot boxes, finding bags of paper ballots in their car trunks during recounts, etc. I always thought that operating on the honor system was fool proof as it works so well for some taxing programs. Who needs some stinkin verification! ... We don’t need no stinkin verification !!.... Right?

January 25, 2014 at 9:01 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

dude_abides said...

fairmon said... "We need to require the person filing a suit that does not prevail to pay the legal cost of the defendant."

It’s a simple question ... what is your position? BTW .. I’m all for it.

I'm sure Wildstein would be interested (though this isn't a lawsuit)

Then why did you post it as a counter to fairmon’s post? Other than you were out of “gas”.

since the Port Authority just told him to shove it, when he asked that they pay his legal fees.

January 25, 2014 at 9:06 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Need proof that Alpo is insane? See his comments about Ben Carson.

January 25, 2014 at 9:09 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

limric said...

Never underestimate the stupidity (malfeasance if you will)of the Democratic Party.

Mark E. Clayton !! ... Alvin Green !! .... Yes the GOP has nominated some losers as well but those two were world class stupid selections by Fleabagger primary voter geniuses. I think it was something about the alphabet.

January 25, 2014 at 9:11 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

limric said...

The Lives of Others. Great movie! I strongly urge everyone to see it.

Regarding your contention that we are headed inexorably towards a post war East German type state. I wholeheartedly concur.

The signs are everywhere. Hidden in plain sight.

What part do you play in your daydreams ... Wiesler or Dreyman

January 25, 2014 at 9:15 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

dude_abides said...

Good God, is there nobody on the GOP horizon that's not a guaranteed silver medalist?

Except for “Planetoid Hillary” (LMFAO at that cover... aren’t you?) no other Fleabagger can even make the team to compete. Better hope the opposition research is not as strong as it appears.

January 25, 2014 at 9:20 p.m.
dude_abides said...

Jt6gR3hM said... "Then why did you post it..."

It was a polite reproval, PlainTu.

"... what is your position?"

Meh. It might snuff out the weak but righteous.

January 25, 2014 at 9:31 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Ben who? Did he star with Charlton Heston in Ben Hur?

January 25, 2014 at 9:31 p.m.
dude_abides said...

inq... I think he was the dad on Bonanza.

January 25, 2014 at 9:50 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

dude_abides said...

Jt6gR3hM said... "Then why did you post it..."

It was a polite reproval, PlainTu.

Jt ... PT ... What the diff. .. Right? Still stupid after all this time; I see.

January 25, 2014 at 10:01 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

GaussianInteger said...

I guess you're right about Gore and Kerry, Zableeder. The two of them probably would have gotten us into two trillion-dollar wars and presided over the worst recession since the Great Depression.


Here is a transcript of Algore’s favorite wet dream and I LMFAO every time I read it. Not for the lame jokes but that you can tell that he really and truly believes this sh!t.


AL GORE: "Good evening my fellow Americans. In 2000 when you overwhelmingly made the decision to elect me as your 43rd President, I knew the road ahead would be difficult. We have accomplished so much, yet challenges lie ahead.

In the last six years, we have been able to stop global warming. No one could have predicted the negative results of this. Glaciers that once were melting are now on the attack. As you know, these renegade glaciers have already captured parts of upper Michigan and northern Maine. But I assure you, we will not let the glaciers win.

Right now in the second week of May 2006, we are facing perhaps the worst gas crisis in history. We have way too much gasoline! Gas is down to nineteen cents a gallon and the oil companies are hurting. I know that I am partly to blame, by insisting that cars run on trash.

I am therefore proposing a Federal bail-out to our oil companies because hey, if it were the other way around, you know the oil companies would help us.

On a positive note, we worked hard to save welfare, fix Social Security, and of course, provide the universal health care we all enjoy today. But all this came at a high cost. As I speak, the gigantic National Budget Surplus is down to a perilously low 11 trillion dollars. And don't get any ideas. That money is staying in the very successful lock box. We're not touching it. Of course, we could give economic aid to China or lend money to the Saudis again, but right now we are already so loved by everyone in the world that American tourists can't even go over to Europe anymore without getting hugged.

There are some of you would like to spend our money on some made-up war. To you I say, "what part of lockbox don't you understand?" What if there's a hurricane or a tornado? Unlikely I know, because of the anti-hurricane and tornado machine I was instrumental in helping to develop…but what if? What if the scientists are right and one of those giant glaciers hits Boston? That's why we have the lockbox.

(cont)

January 25, 2014 at 10:04 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

(cont)

As for immigration, solving that came at a heavy cost, and I personally regret the loss of California. However, the new Mexifornian economy is strong and El Presidente Schwarzenegger is doing a great job.

There have been some setbacks. Unfortunately, the confirmation process for Supreme Court Justice Michael Moore was bitter and divisive. However, I could not be more proud of how the House and Senate pulled together to confirm the nomination of Chief Justice George Clooney.

Baseball, our national pastime, still lies under the shadow of steroid accusations. But I have faith in Baseball Commissioner George W. Bush when he says, "we will find the steroid users if we have to tap every phone in America."

In 2001, when I came into office, our national security was the most important issue. The threat of terrorism was real. Who knew that six years later, Afghanistan would be the most popular spring break destination, or that Six Flags Tehran is the fastest growing amusement park in the Mideast, and the scariest thing we Americas have to fear is … Live From New York, It's Saturday Night!"

January 25, 2014 at 10:05 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

dude_ likes to play the role of the cool, avant, and edgy. Talks softly and carrys a big schtick.

January 25, 2014 at 10:05 p.m.
PlainTruth said...
January 25, 2014 at 10:07 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

GaussianInteger said...

When they first passed the Patriot Act over a decade ago, not a peep from the right, in fact, many people's patriotism was blasted for publicly opposing it.

145 Fleabaggers and 211 Republicans in the House as well as every senator except one voted yes. Looks like just about everyone thought it was a great idea at first. They were just too stupid to be aware of the history of these types of government actions and how they grow into monsters. At least the Right for the most part seems to be trying to call people's attention to what Bush and Congress started and Obama is in the final stages of finalizing.

January 25, 2014 at 10:09 p.m.
dude_abides said...

Billy Bob Recherche, you say? Never you mind about the size of my schtick, reRebus.

January 25, 2014 at 10:14 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

PlainTruth said...

Hills making magazine covers

again.https://twitter.com/GlobalPacificWm/status/423999940797292546/photo/1

Most excellent .. added to "preferred photo file" ... Thanks.

January 25, 2014 at 10:15 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

Dude:

Re: Cher - Che.

One is ... One looks, sounds, and smells as if.

January 25, 2014 at 10:25 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Gassy said:

"So they are counting retirees, teenagers still in high school, and the disabled. Thanks for the clarification."

It's not an "unemployment" number gassy. It's a number used to determine the entire work force as a whole. It's not about the sick, women, young and old people...whoever.

And right now, under your hero president, it's the highest it's ever been. Since Obama, over 10 million more people were added to that number.

Now, this is where you tell me how that's actually a good thing. Right?

January 25, 2014 at 11:13 p.m.
TOES02800 said...

Free Crack Pipes Urged To Slow Spread Of HIV In SF, Leaders Balk At Idea.

Crack....it isn't just for breakfast anymore.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/01/24/sf-officials-exploring-free-crack-pipes-as-means-to-slow-spread-of-aids/

January 25, 2014 at 11:19 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

dude_abides said...

Is this of whom you re:?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_f18GiB5h058/TJEUYwo5SiI/AAAAAAAABXs/NKx4-NyTssQ/s640/che+cher+scattchi+gallery+by+scott+king+via+eclectix.jpg

POW !!

I like this one as well:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVvxP_KcPpKDxjFO3iiD0skpVqHy_akU0_2CNFYeXJ4fGPAaCUVA

"Don't shoot! ... Don't shoot ... Do you know who I am? ... You wouldn't want to shoot someone like me ... would you? I'm a BFD after all... KA-POW !! ... LMFAO !!

January 25, 2014 at 11:34 p.m.
stanleyyelnats said...

I grew up thinking voting was a civic responsibility. Republicans when it comes to voting, give new meaning to "civic responsibility."

January 27, 2014 at 5:13 p.m.
stanleyyelnats said...

As long as we have Republicans making crude comments like mr. huckabee, democrats have nothing to worry about.

"If the Democrats want to insult women by making them believe that they [women] are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them [women] a prescription each month for birth control because they [women] cannot control their libido or their [women's] reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it," he said. "Let us take this discussion all across America because women are far more than the Democrats have played them to be."

So basically Huckabee is saying the problem with women is they [women] can't control their [women's] libido.

January 27, 2014 at 5:24 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.