For all the talk in Congress about balancing the budget and trimming costs, climate change rarely gets a mention as a deficit driver.
That hot place of perdition down below hath no fury like a spurned politician. And politicians, above all people, know that revenge is a dish best served cold.
Superstar and children's advocate Angelina Jolie stirs debate everywhere she turns, even when she opts to cut her risk of breast cancer with a double mastectomy and goes public with it as a health message for women.
In one of the most chilling, fretful and historically confused speeches in recent memory, President Barack Obama told graduates of The Ohio State University to reject voices claiming that "tyranny is always lurking just around the corner."
The arrest of 17 high school students for drinking alcohol under age earlier this month says more about the Signal Mountain Police Department than it does about the tipsy teens.
Ann Coulter, author and commentator @AnnCoulter With this IRS enforcing Obamacare, good luck to any Republican looking for an organ donor.
There was good news and bad news for members of the media this week.
Weird is cardboard sledding.
To all you graduating high school seniors: Bravo.
When thinking about Angelina Jolie's breasts, I did the only thing any man would do.
WE HAD A SEND-OFF for Jerry Garcia on the Walnut Street bridge. The police took pictures. Hey, tea party, welcome to our world!
HOW MANY bicyclists must be killed before they are banned from public roads for their own safety?
THIS IS AMERICA. If a man wants to smoke a joint or pick up a hooker, it’s none of the government’s business!
Recently I filled up with gas in Fort Oglethorpe, then drove through parts of Rossville, East Ridge and into Chattanooga to meet my husband on McCallie Avenue.
In a recent column, "The Commencement Address: A Reality Speech," Ron Hart tries to make a point that students aren't learning.
Kathleen Parker is an incredible writer. As far as I am concerned her column "Why it matters who's responsible for Benghazi" covered the waterfront, and nailed down the coffin.
• Keep them topical and short (25 words or less).
• Please include your name.
• Send to: Rant, P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-668-5058; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Submit a Letters to the Editor
• Keep them topical, short (200 words or less), legible and not more often than one every 30 days. Letters may be edited for clarity and length
• Must be signed with name, address and telephone number.
• Send to: Editorial page editor (either Times or Free Press), P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-757-6383; or e-mail: email@example.com